Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

"Moddified" Spectra Blue GS400 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06 | 03:52 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Default "Moddified" Spectra Blue GS400 for sale

UPDATE as of 6/2/06: PRICE DROP from $19,500 to $17,900 FIRM
Does not make any sense for me to go lower than this, unless I start parting out the car.
THIS IS GOING TO BE A HELL OF A DEAL FOR SOMEONE>>>

Hello Guys,
I been a long time club lexus member and learned a great deal here on this site. I also spent a ton of money on my GS and kept it in mint condition.
Anyway, I am considering selling my car. With baby number two due next week, I think its time to sell my beloved GS baby. It is a 1998 GS400 with 89k miles on it. It has been mostly garaged kept and meticulously cared for. If you see it in person you would think this is a 2004 GS430. Even the lexus dealer keeps mistaking this car as a GS430. Only used mobile 1 oil and premium 93 octane gas. All engine fluids were just flushed and changed about 3k miles ago. Would love to see her go to another clublexus owner to make sure she is well cared for.

Okay here it goes:
This is not your Daddy's GS. It is very fast and very quick and always turns heads. The exhaust purrs like a cat and at WOT ...and is music to the ears! I have installed all the big $$$ mods which makes this GS400 ….1000 times more pleasurable to drive over stock. I have spent nearly 10k upgrading my GS with these aftermarket parts and getting them installed many of which are very expensive and tough to find such as L-tuned equipment and 3.76 supra TT LSD.

The only sad part is if you buy this car there will be nothing left for you to mod. Everything is already done except to turbocharge or forced induction. I am asking $19,500 "New price $17,900" for my GS which I think is a very fair price considering the equipment on the car. I will first try to sell the car with everything on it. It takes time and money to part it out so I will only consider this as my last option. I am also including many of the stock parts so the buyer can always return it back to stock and sell these aftermarket parts for at least $5-6k for everything. The vehicle is located in NJ and is available to show by appointment. Please email me at drew@tritel.mi8.com or call me at 973-479-3499

SRT intake with race ECU
L-tuned exhaust, L-tuned side skirts, L-tuned ECU, L-tuned OZ staggered wheels w/toyo T1-S, 2 L-tuned emblems
TRD blue sway bars
TTE front lip spoiler
L-sportline roof spoiler
Tom's 6 piece links, Tom's chassis brace, Tom's rear STB
UGO front STB
TEIN flex coilovers with EDFC
Wood steering wheel with E-shift
Rotora rotors w/Axiss ultimate pads, SS brake lines
GS430 green tint headlights, GS430 tailights, GS430 instrument cluster w/wiring harness,
Optima yellow top battery
Precision Industry "Dragon" Torque Convertor and tranny cooler.
3.76 Supra TT LSD

Upgraded front, rear speakers and tweeters
Grounding kit
5 platinum edition rims with nokian tires (winter set)
2 sets of interior mats
Brand new 4 OEM rotors, and OEM Lexus shocks and springs, stock mufflers, stock skirts, stock Torque convertor, stock differential, stock sway bars, stock intake.

Here are some pictures:

Last edited by DrewGS4; 06-02-06 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-11-06 | 04:48 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile I love the color of your car

My god that is a beautiful car.

My wifes boss just had her 2001 GS430 stolen. I'll print these pictures and send them with my wife to show her boss. We are all the way out in Seattle Wa so I don't know if she would be interested in driving your car out here but I feel she needs to see this one.

I don't think you'll have any problem selling this car especially with all those stock parts to go along with it.

Man that is beautiful.

Good luck with the sale and sorry to see you go.

Ivan
3dog
Old 05-11-06 | 05:08 PM
tone
Lead Lap

if u decide to part out let me know, ill take the srt intake +ecu and the roof spoiler.
Old 05-11-06 | 05:18 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

great looking car - good luck with the sale!

kid not included right?
Old 05-11-06 | 07:18 PM
LexusIV
Pole Position

Beautiful car!!!
Man, I love blue, almost more than white.
Good luck with the sale whoever buys this will end up with an awsome car.

If you decide to part PLEASE let me know, as I want just about everything on your car.
Old 05-11-06 | 09:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

oh.... would hate to see you go, drew..... you were one of the first few people i talked to on this forum when i first joint!!!!!

best of luck! you just made me wanna sell mine even more, haha
Old 05-12-06 | 05:25 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guy for all the compliments and Ivan any help to sell the car is always appreciated. If you or anyone else successfully broker the deal I will give you $100 bucks and if the car sells to another CL member...I will donate $50 bucks to Clublexus. It's the least I can do to give back to a community where I learned so much.

Yes, I am an old timer on clublexus. Will always be a part of clublexus. Its a cycle and I will return one day and own a Lexus in the near future. Started with the ES300 moved to the GS400 and hope to return back with the topdog LS460.
I met Henry "rominl" first on acuraworld and then again on clublexus. Learned a great deal from him there and now on clublexus as well as from many other fellow CL members.
I knew the day would come for me to sell her and with a growing family and kids "not included" ..... I need a little larger vehicle. I have currently jumped ship to a BMW X5 4.4 and performed a DINAN Stage 1 engine upgrade and added the 4.6 body kit and wheels. I love E-shift so much that I needed to have some form of it on my X5. I have successfully installed the M3 SMG tri-color steering wheel with working paddle shifts. With the Dinan transmission/engine software upgrade the paddle shifting is smooth, quick and works amazingly well. If you guys think Lexus is expensive to mod than modding a BMW is flat out ridiculously expensive.
But it's the price we pay to play.

I have a hunch I might end up having to part the GS out and sell her privately as a stock GS. That will be the only way to maximize the value and get me the highest ROR "rate of return"
But for now, I will wait a few weeks and try to sell her complete and in "modified form"
I am asking $19,500 ---NEW PRICE $17,900 FIRM!

Last edited by DrewGS4; 06-02-06 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-12-06 | 08:43 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

I 'm pretty sure there are tons of cl members in the tri-state that would ****** up the mods if you were to part it out

thats a great price for your modded gs4 good luck on your sale... and i hope you can sell it to a fellow cl member.
Old 05-12-06 | 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

actually i think for the price this is an incredible good deal. basically if anyone wants a modded gs, i think this is a good one. worst come to worst one can definitely take off the parts he/she doesn't like, sell them and get new ones, and still come out to a better deal

drew, on a side note though, trust me if you part out the car and sell everything separately, although you lose some on swapping parts, but you will end up getting more
Old 05-12-06 | 08:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Sad to see this thread, but you have to do what you have to do. Congratulations on the second child coming!!!

It seems like all the old-timers are jumping ship and moving on............

I wish I could afford to buy this car personally as I am so sick of my wifes Maxima and she would love to have a GS instead. She absolutely loves driving mine! To top it off, when I was looking for my GS three years ago - my first choice was a spectra blue one but I couldn't find any used ones and settled for my current boring silver one instead..........

Anyway, I don't have $19.5K lying around otherwise I would buy your car in a heart beat! Good luck with the sale!

If you do end up parting it out, I want the Tom's 6 piece brace!
Old 05-12-06 | 01:07 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

oooo i just went to the dealership yesterday looking for a 2nd gen GS...ill send you a PM later.
Old 05-12-06 | 01:09 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

please dont sell it until at least monday or tuesday. Im going to call my insurance company and see how much it would cost for me.

Just curious, what kind of gas mileage to you get?
Old 05-12-06 | 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
please dont sell it until at least monday or tuesday. Im going to call my insurance company and see how much it would cost for me.

Just curious, what kind of gas mileage to you get?
i hope everything goes through

with the tc and lsd, with moderate driving i think you can expect around 15/20?
Old 05-12-06 | 10:29 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

and with my heavy foot....back to where my LX is, at about 10? I really want this thing every time i come back to look at it(or look at my desktop because its my background). I really hope state farm and my mother like this as much as i do
Old 05-13-06 | 07:53 AM
Matt L
Pit Crew

Beautiful GS. I am trying to get my co-worker to consider this. This is truly an amazing car.
I will also pass it along to anyone else who may be in the market.

Quick Reply: "Moddified" Spectra Blue GS400 for sale