Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

'04 SC430 Silver/ecru. 9,800 miles. Immaculate. Blitz exhaust, tint, star caps, bra.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06 | 09:10 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Default '04 SC430 Silver/ecru. 9,800 miles. Immaculate. Blitz exhaust, tint, star caps, bra.

Got car right off the truck, with 2 miles on October 1st, 2003, and even did all the prep myself (removing plastics, washing car, etc).

Car is in immaculate condition, and even floor mats are like new (with clear ones on top). Not even one door ding on my baby. Only mishap was a careless driver barely clipped bumper and fender (nothing else got damaged, like reflector, headlight, wheel, etc) while parallel parking at 1 mph (and proceeded to flee); was fixed right away by the best body shop in town. First 'accident' in 25 years, and I wasn't even in the car ...but it's back to pristine condition (I have pics of damage).

Car has only seen rain three times (and not that much), and has been always garaged. You could eat lunch on my undercarriage or engine compartment. Leather has been conditioned excessively since brand new, when they need several applications. All rubber in the roof mechanism conditioned regularly as well. I've done all the maintenance myself, which should be nothing under Lexus's schedule, but I have full history and documentation (3 oil changes, cabin filter change, and air filter change).

Its only dealer visit was for the infamous door rattle, and it was fixed much better than the TSB called for. No other issues. Car is still under warranty until Oct 3rd of 2007.

As title says, car has the star caps, 35% window tint all around (not the windshield, of course), Lexus bra (used just once, to bring car home from Albuquerque), and recently the Blitz Exhaust ($1,250). The exhaust is too tame for most, but has ZERO resonance, and sounds MUCH better than stock; it goes perfectly with the character of the car. And looks incredibly better. I removed the front 'L' grille symbol, as well as rear 'SC430' and 'Lexus' badges, and don't have them anymore.

Finally, I'll include the factory service manual with the sale, which consists of 2 huge books. As well as all manuals and keys, sales brochure, and even the unfolded window sticker. Even the key I've been using looks like new.

I'm a perfectionist who according to my wife, my job is to excessively take care of my vehicles for others. And no, NOBODY has ever driven my car on a street but me, not even my wife (because she's afraid to do something to it, not because I don't let her ). Car looks and works like new, has never been abused, and even the tires look like new.

Reason to sell is I want something sportier before I become too old. I'm starting a bit below Edmunds's private party figure with my mileage, but please don't compare my car to wholesalers on Ebay. If you want a one-owner car still in my possession, not having been exposed to the elements even one night, and being able to ask me a question a year later, this is your car. If you want the cheapest you can get, buy from a wholesale broker.
Having said that, I'd entertain all reasonable offers. I'm not offended by low offers, but if you want a $35K car, please don't waste your time and mine and look elsewhere.

My asking price is $45,000 obo. Car is located in El Paso, TX. I paid cash for the car, so have clean/clear title in my name since day 1. I'd gladly discuss my car in detail with serious potential buyers; please PM me for my phone number. Or give me yours.
Thank you for your consideration, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited by JCtx; 12-20-06 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-21-06 | 03:08 PM
JCtx
Racer

I actually forgot about 2 very small details. One is the trunk struts were replaced under warranty (1/2-hr job), with much better ones, and I also replaced the battery, but with an aftermarket one (Lexus reimbursed me for it) since it died over the weekend. And it's more powerful as well.

Might sell the car to the Lexus dealership where I bought it, since I bought a new car in Albuquerque as well, but will post here if that's happens. If a can hitch a ride, will sell it on my own. Oh, and I better announce a price reduction, because the market is a little soft right now: $43,000 obo.

Later.

Last edited by JCtx; 12-21-06 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-24-06 | 04:21 PM
JCtx
Racer

Default Please Delete

Car went on Ebay.
Mods please delete.