Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FS: 2001 Lexus Is300 $11500

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 06:45 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2001 Lexus Is300 $11500

This is a 2001 Lexus IS300 with E-shift 5speed manumatic transmission and 106500 miles. It is a clean vehicle, with clean title. The vehicle has never experienced any accidents and qualifies for the carfax buyback. It is millenium silver metallic on black leather/escaine interior. Keep in mind, this is a 5 year old car, the exterior has some rock chips, as well as a scratch on the front right part of the bumper. I have a partial Carbon fiber kit installed inside. The climate control unit and radio are both brand new, so i do not have the carbon fiber covering those two pieces. Other than that, the interior is in pretty good shape.

The car comes with newer tires (about 85% thread [reference pictures below]), a brand new waterpump installed during my 90k mile service by Lexus, as well as new belts, registration until Nov. 07, 38% all-around tint (comes with lifetime warranty), red painted calipers, recent alignment, and oil change service at 3500 mile intervals.

I am the second owner of the vehicle, i put about 13000 miles on the car each year, in the last three years that i've owned it.

Located in Ventura county. Southern California

Price is $11500.
The car only comes with one working key a message, but i cant call back if you dont take unknown numbers, so please leave a number i can reach. Email is preferred. PM just as good.

Last edited by fatddyslam; 07-09-16 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-10-07, 10:02 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

does someone know something about this car that i dont? i mean no feedback? what are these going for? i have yet to put up a sign on the car. where can i get those cool white stickers that look nice on tinted windows but wont damage it? Anyone know what im talking about?
Old 01-11-07, 02:03 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

is my price good? too high? is this not a good time to sell the car? still no feedback.
Old 01-11-07, 03:18 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

price too high for mileage and condition.
Old 01-11-07, 03:30 PM
DriftVIP
Rookie

and the fact that the car was repainted
Old 01-11-07, 03:44 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

honestly, price is too high? i mean i know it's harder to sell on these forums than anywhere else. You'd be hard pressed to find a car for my price, that is clean titled. Ive searched myself. Please prove me wrong, and show me examples of clean title vehicles, with less mileage for mine, for less than what im offering.

if you do so, ill change my price immediately.
Old 01-11-07, 04:07 PM
JSPEC SW20
Driver School Candidate

there's a few factors that go into why your car isn't selling.

it has been totally repainted for whatever reason
the mileage is pretty high
the condition of the car with the paint blemishes, etc.
only one working key

i saw you were asking 11.5k a few days ago, and now changed it back to 12.

you keep asking for feedback and people keep giving you feedback but you seem to ignore it cause it's not the answer you want.

if you want a fair comparison with other IS300's, you would have to find another stock IS that has been repainted with similar miles and compare those prices. you can't compare your car to other stock IS300's with similar miles but haven't been repainted. the fact that it has been repainted is a big deciding factor for consumers.
Old 01-11-07, 10:43 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

Originally Posted by JSPEC SW20
there's a few factors that go into why your car isn't selling.

it has been totally repainted for whatever reason
the mileage is pretty high
the condition of the car with the paint blemishes, etc.
only one working key

i saw you were asking 11.5k a few days ago, and now changed it back to 12.

you keep asking for feedback and people keep giving you feedback but you seem to ignore it cause it's not the answer you want.

if you want a fair comparison with other IS300's, you would have to find another stock IS that has been repainted with similar miles and compare those prices. you can't compare your car to other stock IS300's with similar miles but haven't been repainted. the fact that it has been repainted is a big deciding factor for consumers.
hmm. i dont know how else to say this. like i had said before, there are no other is300's out there that are clean title, for this price. honestly, a repainted IS300 is worth more than a salvaged is300 yes? you would at least agree with that? you cannot even find a salvaged is300 w/ low mileage for less than my price.

its $11500, you cant expect it to be amazingly perfect. if my car had less mileage, or wasnt a repaint, it'd be worth more than $11.5k. With that said, this car has checked out by many independent mechanics. it has never been in any accident, and just because of it's repaint, it's priced lower. I think i might have a problem with lack of advertising for this vehicle. i dont think i have it advertised well. i think a sign will help a lot, so we'll see.
Old 01-11-07, 10:50 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

btw: i have a key for it. it just needs to be cut and programmed. only one working key because the other isnt cut yet, so you cannot use it. but it's there. the $100 has been spent.

anyways, i dont think that's why it isnt selling anyways
Old 01-12-07, 01:39 AM
adl16v
Pole Position

nice ride
Old 01-12-07, 06:31 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Why was it repainted??

Jonny
Old 01-14-07, 07:39 PM
Soda
Pole Position

I'd put the car on cars.com or autotrader.com You're asking wholesale bluebook...IMO you could get at least 13 for the car!! Do you have any idea how many people come to our dealership looking for used old corolla's around 10k??? And that's a LEXUS? You're advertising in the wrong place. I sold my car on cars.com in less than 7 days for mid bluebook! Good luck!
Old 01-14-07, 08:07 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

hah, what a breath of fresh air your post was Soda. The car is priced a little lower (although the enthusiasts on this site dont think so) because it was a repaint. I had my car listed on autotrader.com for $12,000 and that only produced a couple of phone calls and nothing more. I almost sold the car for $12300, where i live, off craigslist, but the financing didnt go through.

im being patient with the car.

By the way: the car was repainted because the first owner didnt like the original color. His fiance bought the car yellow, when he got the car back after the break-up, he decided he wanted to paint the car silver. It is a lexus color.

Regardless, the car has no previous accident history. Never been in any accidents. I bought the vehicle with 68,000 miles, three years ago. Over the three years i drove about 38000 miles, averaging 12,600 miles a year.

The car is in good condition. It has a scrape on the front bumper, and a couple of chips, but it's $12000. I saw an 01 lexus on these boards with 130k miles sell for $13800.

Dealers offers for trade in are ranging between $8500-$10,000. I had a private offer as low as $7900, citing that this was probably what the real value on the vehicle was.

Come on.

Anyways, i might try cars.com. We'll see...keep you guys posted

Last edited by fatddyslam; 01-14-07 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-14-07, 08:32 PM
fatddyslam
Rookie

just wanted to add this: i searched autotrader within a 50 mile radius from where i live, for an 01-02 lexus IS300 to compare to mine. This is what i found:

2001 MSM E-Shift 128k miles $11995
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=44

That is the only clean title for that price, and it is the last car (as in cheapest) listed.
Old 01-14-07, 10:29 PM
DirtyAzn84
Driver School Candidate

I have a low milage (41k) 2001 MR2 Spyder if you are interested in trading. It is a fun so-cal car.

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 Lexus Is300 $11500