Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

95 Lexus SC300 5spd 3750 OBO Texas

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 05:31 PM
firetird
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Lexus SC300 5spd 3750 OBO Texas

I purchased this car locally a few months ago with intention of fixing the couple of problems it has but I have lost interest in doing the repairs. It has a VERY bad oil leak that I believe is coming from the valve cover. Right now the car does not run because I have started to pull everything apart and have not finished the job. This would be a great car to to a 2JZ-GTE swap or repair and put back together and sell to make a profit.

Cons:
Telescoping steering wheel is inoperable (stripped gear - easy fix)
Typical worn seats and window trim is cracked
VERY bad oil leak
cd changer does not work
Engine currently does not run because I started to remove items to fix oil leak. I could hook the battery up and start it to show there is no knocking or anything.

The car has 18" ADR wheels with plenty of tread left on the tires and the timing belt was replaced not too long ago. I can't remember the mileage on the timing belt replacement but the original owner told me it wasn't too long ago. The car is red and the outside is normal for a car 12 years old. The car had the rear bumper repainted but not replaced so you can see a little over spray but nothing bad. The front fascia has chips in the paint but nothing that is out of the norm. I am located in Round Rock and you can come by and look at the car whenever. Please no tire kickers. With minimal effort this car can be fixed and worth 5500+. If someone is really interested but they want the car fixed, let me know and I can see if we can work something out but I would rather sell it AS IS and be done with it. Registration is good until 06/07 but inspection is out. I have the title in hand but I never got the title transfered into my name when I purchased the car. The title is clear and free, it will just take about two weeks longer to get the title transfered to the buyer because I didn't transfer it into my name when I purchased it.

Bobby
512-497-8023

**MODS: I have positive feedback on texasracingscene.com, cz28.com, afbforums.com, ebay.com, and ls1tech.com***

Also if buyers need any references, I can get them but I would prefer a local sale.

Last edited by firetird; 04-04-07 at 05:34 PM. Reason: post count
Old 04-04-07, 07:04 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you post the picture of the engine bay where you're doing the valve cover gasket? If you just do the valve cover gasket then you just need to remove the "Y" pipe in order to replace the valve cover gaskets. It's not that hard to put it back together and get it running and you sell it at higher price.
Most of the buyers want to know about the A/C, transmission condition,clutch, and so on. Or better yet pay some shop a few hundred dollars and sell it at $5,500.00 when it is running.
Old 04-04-07, 07:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Originally Posted by firetird
I I have the title in hand but I never got the title transfered into my name when I purchased the car. The title is clear and free, it will just take about two weeks longer to get the title transfered to the buyer because I didn't transfer it into my name when I purchased it.

Bobby,

Do you have a bill of sale from the previous owner?
Old 04-04-07, 08:21 PM
firetird
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVT-i
Can you post the picture of the engine bay where you're doing the valve cover gasket? If you just do the valve cover gasket then you just need to remove the "Y" pipe in order to replace the valve cover gaskets. It's not that hard to put it back together and get it running and you sell it at higher price.
Most of the buyers want to know about the A/C, transmission condition,clutch, and so on. Or better yet pay some shop a few hundred dollars and sell it at $5,500.00 when it is running.
I was told the A/C works but I have not checked it. I am not sure where the oil leak is coming from I was just guessing that is where the oil is leaking. I know the car drives ok. It was a daily driver for the previous owner until the oil leak and I drove it around in his street without problem. That being said, the clutch works but I don't know how many miles are on it. Oh and the car has approximately 150,000 miles on it.

I am at the point that I will probably just put the car back together and drive it if it doesn't sell soon.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Bobby,

Do you have a bill of sale from the previous owner?
Yes I do. It will not be any problem getting the title transferred, it will just take about 2 weeks longer than usual.
Old 04-05-07, 11:20 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you planning on putting it in your name first? If not, that is illegal, not to mention new buyer would get stuck with the time penalties...

Jonny
Old 04-05-07, 01:22 PM
firetird
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dx3
Are you planning on putting it in your name first? If not, that is illegal, not to mention new buyer would get stuck with the time penalties...

Jonny
I am doing nothing illegal with the title and of course I am going to put my name on the title. That is why I stated it will take a couple weeks longer than usual. And about the penalties, the new buyer would pay none unless they didn't get the title transferred into their name within the allowed amount of time.
Old 04-08-07, 02:47 PM
firetird
Driver School Candidate

buyer left deposit today and will pickup vehicle on monday. vehicle is tentatively sold. I will update thread when buyer picks up vehicle.
Old 04-08-07, 03:23 PM
LonestarSC
Driver School Candidate

I know this car, didn't it have a blown head gasket?
Old 04-08-07, 08:41 PM
firetird
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LonestarSC
I know this car, didn't it have a blown head gasket?
How do you know this car? It does not have any symptoms of a blown head gasket.
Old 04-10-07, 01:38 PM
firetird
Driver School Candidate

- SOLD - Vehicle has been picked up. - SOLD -