Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

1992 Lexus SC w/ 1jz-gte Soarer swap 45k miles 300 hp plus!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 11:03 PM
ttsleeper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Lexus SC w/ 1jz-gte Soarer swap 45k miles 300 hp plus!!!!

This 1992 Lexus sc300 has been modified with a replaced engine/transmission swap done at 103k on the odometer by a professional motorsports shop...it is at 113k now......so, just over 45k on engine and auto tranny...
it is a 1JZ-GTE from a Japanese Soarer......Over three-hundred horsepower!!!!!!!Zero to sixty in under five seconds !!!!!!
It does have a reconditioned title, but I invested about $17,000 in upgrades and repairs to make this a sweet ride. it's all been fixed. The owner of the car before me, so i'm told..... hit railroad tracks and bent the oil pan, rack and pinion, and structural support.....it cracked the block of the old engine that was in it before i did the swap.....so being an older car and minor damage, it was totaled....... I bought it and did the swap immediately....ALL damaged items were replaced with oem parts or the jdm equivalent from the clip i purchased
!!.......i have all my receipts and paperwork to back my claims...*not a do-it-yourself-job*....All professionally swapped and tuned....Elite motorsports in plano, tx is the only shop i had touch the car, so they know everything about this car and will back my info with receipts and personal knowledge....
For the most part, my goal was to build a fast, comfortable, and unique luxury-vehicle without worrying that the cops would follow me everywhere because of loud mufflers and overdone paint-and-body, but still turn heads....
(I don't like the ricer look, so i went stream-lined "sleeper" to make this look as stock as possible with a big bite.!!!!!!!!)
HERE'S THE DETAILS........

It has a few upgrades.....
--a brand new "Turbo XS" blow off valve....
--a brand new GREDDY E-MANAGE ULTIMATE was installed 3 weeks ago!!!
--the twin turbo piping has been capped off to make it "twin turbo" all the time with less spool-time.
--Stock Lexus Sc430 18" rims with brand new tires...(less than 2k miles on them)
--it also has new polyurethane bushings throughout...even the sway bars.....
--TANABE lowering springs and....
--TOKICO struts to lower the car almost an inch and decrease wheel gap for the supercar sleek look.
--the car has the Nakamichi premium sound and brand new(stock) cd changer...just purchased from the dealer!!!
--a brand new cd cartridge also purchased from the dealer to match.....
--It also has all leather....
...headlights are upgraded to "Silverstar" for the H.I.D. look...

Equipped with sunroof, power mirrors, power windows, and power seats, power-adjust telescopic-steering, seat position memory, power antenna, cruise, heat, a/c,.... (A/C is brand new as of 11 mos. ago....!!!)

some of the only things wrong....

----the dash has blinky needles and needs to be refurbed like most of the sc300's that are this old..... about a $150 fix... (I do have a soarer digital dash, but don't know what it would take to hook it up...)
----Leather needs tlc in one spot on driver seat....
----minor cosmetic imperfections... couple small dings in paint.... minor scratches in leather....couple cracks in plastic parts.....(overall nothing major though....)

additional info:
The fuel regulator ecu has been rewired to allow for 12v all the time, so if you want to upgrade injectors, fuel pump, or increase turbo size, it's ready!!

When i installed the engine i replaced ALL main seals and head gasket along with timing belt AND motor mounts(11k miles ago)

i have also had the bearings re-done on the turbos...($600) I can't stress how well this car runs!!!

(Also Replaced for dependability)....
--New red top optima battery,
--new serpentine belt,
--new water pump,
--new power steering pump,
--new a/c compressor,
--new NGK platinum plugs
--new fuel filter
...NEW, NEW, NEW!!! you gotta drive it to believe how great this car is!!!

.....that being said....Why am i selling, right?? The wife is going back to school and i'm sacrificing my toy to accomplish this....

Soooooooo....
-- i have ALL MY RECEIPTS for repairs AND parts....
..... AND the tires come with replacement certificates from Discount tire.....
.....What's not to love??

.....I did it right because i thought i would be keeping it...my loss is your gain.... Take my toy and make it yours...so many extras, so much fun.... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

$12450 takes it all home to wow the friends and family!!! Price is pretty firm as i should probably sell it for more, but it's gotta go....priced for quick sale!

Any reasonable offer will be considered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Talk to you soon! .....email Andrew a.hawkes@sbcglobal.net ......or call me at 214-660-1771 and 214-298-4302

other info of note.....(recent additions)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ..... I mounted the factory spoiler and wired up the 3rd brake light!!! all paint imperfections were addressed on rear of car and repainted!!!!! Just dropped $800 (that's even my "friend" price)on that to make this car even cleaner!!!! will need new emblems....or not....
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
...... put the car in the shop for a "once over"....got the car boost pressure tested...tweaked it so it has no leaks whatsoever....installed new platinum NGK plugs beacuase i wasn't satisfied with the other ones ($500) for testing, assessment, labor, and parts also, a clean bill of health on the motor... the engine has been running with BLITZ upgraded computer, but i think the car needs an EMS or other upgraded ecu to be running much better..."live data" interaction.... SOOOOooooo.....
---- just had a GREDDY E-MANAGE ULTIMATE installed to be able to tune and read live data off the engine with a laptop.... I also changed out the fuel filter and replaced the fuel line closest to the engine ($950 addition), ...i had the car street-tuned for optimum performance ($500 tuning cost...) i expect it's running well into 330 hp + after this addition if not more, just on a stock setup!!! I have not dynoed it since i'm selling it, but $$$$$$ ran out after the e-manage addition....
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I am added a wideband to it with the e-manage ultimate and the greddy boost sensor!!!! It's gonna run better than before!!!
i just got it inspected ..... it's ready for test drives for sure!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
........... dropped the price down to 12,450.....was asking $13,500... gotta see this baby go!!!!
just got it out of the shop from being tuned and it's ready to go!!!
(happy problem...)
cruise control line only thing left to install....was left off in swap...forgot to add that.....but i do have it and will put it on before sale......

ready to go...no major problems now!!!! all cosmetic issues....and only a few of them to mention....

Remember......i have not upgraded anything on this engine yet ON PURPOSE, so it is all JDM-OEM ..... NO INTAKE, NO THROTTLE BODY, NO BIGGER INJECTORS, NO INTERCOOLER, NO HEADERS, ,NO BIGGER FUEL PUMP, NO EXHAUST, NO STUPID LITTLE CHROME THINGY'S!!!!!
--this is meant to look like it was supposed to be there with all the stock parts of the soarer and not raise any eyebrows at all....then surprise them with what it's got!!!!
I bought a whole clip for a reason...to make sure it wasn't patchwork....the tech that installed this told me it was the cleanest swap he'd ever done because he had all the parts he needed.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
..................S L E E P E R ! ! ! ! ! it's ready to tune or just be a dependable daily driver with some uummpphh!!!
Attached Thumbnails 1992 Lexus SC w/ 1jz-gte Soarer swap 45k miles 300 hp plus!!!!-lexus_img.2.jpg  

Last edited by ttsleeper; 05-08-07 at 11:22 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 05-10-07, 04:02 PM
hershsc400
Pole Position

could u post pic of the interior? im intrested and will hopefull be in dallas metro area in a 2 weeks
Old 05-24-07, 12:59 PM
nuport
Driver School Candidate

Yes, please post more pics.

Originally Posted by hershsc400
could u post pic of the interior? im intrested and will hopefull be in dallas metro area in a 2 weeks