Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

1999 GS400 Navi/TeinCS/EDFC/Borla - Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 07:45 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 GS400 Navi/TeinCS/EDFC/Borla - Atlanta

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD, MODS PLEASE LOCK

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here much in the past year or so, but many of the long time members will remember I had a 1991 LS400 that was very clean but not heavily modded, then I switched to a 1999 GS400 a few years ago and had some mild mods installed. The GS400 had been owned by a friend of mine who drove it to the airport on Monday, parked it, flew home on Friday and drove it home and parked it. I really enjoyed the car the past couple of years. I had a long commute for some of that time, I took the car to the tail of the dragon once, took it to some meets, but never took it to the track or drag raced it on the street. The car is current on all maintenance and all maintenance has been performed by Lexus certified technicians.

As much as I hate to do it, the time has come to sell my 1999 GS400. I no longer have my long commute, my stepdad passed away and I bought his car from my mom, and I just don't need three cars.

The car is white with tan leather, has factory navigation {Sep. 03 update}, HID, CD changer, moonroof, factory spoiler, and new {2005} tailights. The car has every option for that year except the platinum package, it stickered for over 57,000 when new. The car has been garaged and always kept clean and polished. The interior looks like new in every way except for one small scratch on the center console. I can have this replaced as part of the negotiation if you want. The exterior is in excellent shape, it does have a few very small rock chips on the front and a couple of small scratches on the rear bumper that have been touched up with Lexus touch up paint. It has 81k miles. It had an emissions test in February, no issues.

The car has professionally installed TEIN CS (v1) suspension and EDFC Borla exhaust [with about 15,000 miles], 17" L-tuned wheels with General Exclaim UHP tires with less than 5,000 miles http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...y.jsp?type=UHP
It also has a hardwired [into the homelink panel] Passport 8500 detector.

The car will come with the removed factory shocks and springs, factory exhaust, and the original taillights. All are in very good shape, in the boxes the new items came out of, and could easily go back on the car to return it to stock. You could then sell the upgrades if you liked.

I have plenty of pics available and will be glad to take pics of specific items if you liked.

The retail value of the car is about 17-19K depending on which guide you use. The value of the upgrades is well over 4k. I am asking 18k for the car and all upgrades and stock components. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Please pm me here if interested, I will answer all questions promptly and will be glad to let you speak to my mechanic and/or split the cost of having the vehicle inspected.

I have several references here and on SELOC.

The 1991 Lexus I used to own now has over 300k miles and is still running and looking great. It now belongs to the son of one my friends at work. This car has been babied just like that one was.

Gallery of pics here http://picasaweb.google.com/rhlight/LexusForSale

Last edited by GA400; 07-09-07 at 05:57 PM. Reason: SOLD!
Old 06-27-07, 04:43 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 99 gs400

Very nice example of tasteful mods.
Good looking car.Free bumperoo
Old 06-27-07, 09:42 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by alredxiii
Very nice example of tasteful mods.
Good looking car.Free bumperoo
Thanks for the compliments and the bump
Old 06-28-07, 11:58 AM
lx4life
Pole Position

do you plan to part out?
Old 06-28-07, 12:05 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lx4life
do you plan to part out?
I could if the price was right
Old 06-28-07, 05:47 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so how many miles does this car actually have? sorry if i missed it but i actually read your post several times looking for the mileage.
Old 06-28-07, 06:00 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cliffud
so how many miles does this car actually have? sorry if i missed it but i actually read your post several times looking for the mileage.
Originally Posted by GA400
It has 81k miles.
It says in the post here

Last edited by alredxiii; 06-28-07 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-28-07, 06:10 PM
GA400
Lead Lap

Default Here you go

Originally Posted by cliffud
Hi Cliffud, the car has under 81,000 miles, if you look in the gallery link I took a picture of the odometer.

Also, just FYI, the car consistently gets an honest 19-21 mpg in city driving, about 26 on the highway. Lowering it with the Teins and putting on the free flowing exhaust helped the mileage quite a bit.