Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

Supercharged White 2000 GS400 (near Chicago)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-08, 01:22 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged White 2000 GS400 (Chicago) *Price Drop*

IS-F is home and it's time for one of the other cars to go.

Reduced price!

I do not plan on parting it out and preference is given to local buyers. I'm asking $18K. After a couple weeks here it will go up on other sites at a higher asking price.

White 2000 GS400
Approx: 52000 miles (Only about 3K in the last year)
Here's a brief rundown of mods on it.
  1. SRT Stage III Supercharger
  2. SRT Valve Body
  3. PI 2800 Stall Torque Converter
  4. L-Tuned Suspension and Shocks
  5. L-Tuned Steering ECU
  6. TRD Sway Bars
  7. TRD Lower Chassis Brace
  8. AP Racing 6 piston front brakes w/Pagid Pads
  9. Volk AV-3 Wheels 9" Front 10" Rear
  10. Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 245/40 Front 275/35 Rear
  11. TRD LSD Differential
  12. Hayden Transmission Cooler
  13. Momo Shift ****
  14. Debadged with Black Pearl Chrome Front and Rear badges

More pictures plus an original dyno scan and a recent oil analysis is available in the gallery. I haven't cleaned the car up at all. This is what it looks like after a week or so of driving.

The fine print:
I'm going to detail all the things that I would expect/want to know if I were buying the car.
  1. I've done regular oil, filter and fluid changes
  2. The brake pads front and rear are brand new
  3. The tires are about 1 1/2 years old.
  4. It has a brand new battery
  5. The AV-3s have minor curb rash but more importantly have brake dust (love those Pagids) burned into them. The fronts suffer the most. If you aren't all about looks (which obviously I'm not) they may do. It is horrible keeping the wheels clean with the Pagid pads. But I refuse to switch because of the performance difference offered. Worst case you will spend ~350 per wheel to get it looking good as new. Best case you leave it as is or put snow tires on the AV-3s and pick up another wheel more your style.
  6. The left and right front lip have been scraped up by curbs/driveways
  7. The hood has bogus paint chip fixes and a couple of chips. A local guy I trust can take these out for ~$350 and he does great work.
  8. There is scratch in the right rear bumper. It has been there for 6 1/2 years. Too small for me to care.
  9. The parking brake hasn't worked for about 5 years. It was messed up when my brakes were installed and I've never bothered to fix it since I never use the parking brake. It's under $20 bucks in parts.
  10. You all know about the low idle right? If you have AC or lights on no problem. Don't know what I'm talking about? Search on 2nd gen GS forums.
  11. Because it has larger injectors the fuel gauge does not read correctly. It will fall slowly and sit at 5/8 full and then fall to about 3/8 full "just like that". Has something to do with the way the ECU reads the injectors and fuel. Just don't get caught out.
  12. You *must* let the car warm up before you stomp on it. I've had the car supercharged for almost 6 years and haven't had any problems. But you have to take care of the engine.
  13. Even with the Valve body the trans won't shift at WOT. You have to ease off and then get back on the gas to keep from having a long discussion with the rev limiter. Again just one of those things. Do a search.
  14. I have not had the timing belt changed (90K service) on the car.
  15. The air intake rubs on the hood liner. It has since it has been installed.

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything. I've got pictures in the gallery of most things mentioned above. If you have any questions please PM or better yet ask here so others can be helped as well.

Thanks for considering.

MrJ

Last edited by Mr Johnson; 06-29-08 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Link to IS-F
Old 03-01-08, 02:09 PM
lolololol
Rookie

wow 420.8 hp 356.5 torque

i wish i can have one like this. i think lots of ppl wanna t see more pics(ex engine pic)

bump for great car (if u are in la ca i will call u now for sure)
Old 03-07-08, 06:19 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

ttt

One week CL "exclusive" remaining.
Old 03-07-08, 06:40 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

GL on the sale!

If you do plan to part out, please let the locals know. The braces, suspension, brakes, and maybe even the wheels and rear end should/would sell quickly.
Old 03-07-08, 04:01 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Any more pics? Please let us know if you part out im local and would pick up some stuff from you.
Old 03-07-08, 04:43 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Talk about sleeper. Damn!
Old 03-07-08, 04:52 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Any more pics? Please let us know if you part out im local and would pick up some stuff from you.
I assume you looked at the link to the gallery above. If so and there is something you are looking for let me know and I'll see about uploading.

On parting out: We shall see if we ever get to that point. I'm doubting I will.
Old 03-10-08, 09:59 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you part it I'll be the first to take these

SRT Stage III Supercharger
SRT Valve Body
Old 03-10-08, 05:45 PM
IMXCITD
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Sweet ride! Congrats on the new IS-F and best of luck on selling this GS!
Old 03-19-08, 09:22 AM
jamodeo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Please part some of the things I would love some of your mods. Please let me know if you need any stock rims, or brakes... you know, to complete the sleeper look

thanks -Joe

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
IS-F is home and it's time for one of the other cars to go.

I do not plan on parting it out and preference is given to local buyers. I'm asking $20K firm. After a couple weeks here it will go up on other sites at a higher asking price.

White 2000 GS400
Approx: 52000 miles (Only about 3K in the last year)
Here's a brief rundown of mods on it.
  1. SRT Stage III Supercharger
  2. SRT Valve Body
  3. PI 2800 Stall Torque Converter
  4. L-Tuned Suspension and Shocks
  5. L-Tuned Steering ECU
  6. TRD Sway Bars
  7. TRD Lower Chassis Brace
  8. AP Racing 6 piston front brakes w/Pagid Pads
  9. Volk AV-3 Wheels 9" Front 10" Rear
  10. Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 245/40 Front 275/35 Rear
  11. TRD LSD Differential
  12. Hayden Transmission Cooler
  13. Momo Shift ****
  14. Debadged with Black Pearl Chrome Front and Rear badges

More pictures plus an original dyno scan and a recent oil analysis is available in the gallery. I haven't cleaned the car up at all. This is what it looks like after a week or so of driving.

The fine print:
I'm going to detail all the things that I would expect/want to know if I were buying the car.
  1. I've done regular oil, filter and fluid changes
  2. The brake pads front and rear are brand new
  3. The tires are about 1 1/2 years old.
  4. It has a brand new battery
  5. The AV-3s have minor curb rash but more importantly have brake dust (love those Pagids) burned into them. The fronts suffer the most. If you aren't all about looks (which obviously I'm not) they may do. It is horrible keeping the wheels clean with the Pagid pads. But I refuse to switch because of the performance difference offered. Worst case you will spend ~350 per wheel to get it looking good as new. Best case you leave it as is or put snow tires on the AV-3s and pick up another wheel more your style.
  6. The left and right front lip have been scraped up by curbs/driveways
  7. The hood has bogus paint chip fixes and a couple of chips. A local guy I trust can take these out for ~$350 and he does great work.
  8. There is scratch in the right rear bumper. It has been there for 6 1/2 years. Too small for me to care.
  9. The parking brake hasn't worked for about 5 years. It was messed up when my brakes were installed and I've never bothered to fix it since I never use the parking brake. It's under $20 bucks in parts.
  10. You all know about the low idle right? If you have AC or lights on no problem. Don't know what I'm talking about? Search on 2nd gen GS forums.
  11. Because it has larger injectors the fuel gauge does not read correctly. It will fall slowly and sit at 5/8 full and then fall to about 3/8 full "just like that". Has something to do with the way the ECU reads the injectors and fuel. Just don't get caught out.
  12. You *must* let the car warm up before you stomp on it. I've had the car supercharged for almost 6 years and haven't had any problems. But you have to take care of the engine.
  13. Even with the Valve body the trans won't shift at WOT. You have to ease off and then get back on the gas to keep from having a long discussion with the rev limiter. Again just one of those things. Do a search.
  14. I have not had the timing belt changed (90K service) on the car.
  15. The air intake rubs on the hood liner. It has since it has been installed.

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything. I've got pictures in the gallery of most things mentioned above. If you have any questions please PM or better yet ask here so others can be helped as well.

Thanks for considering.

MrJ
Old 03-21-08, 07:07 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

ttt

The "exclusive" to CL ends this weekend.
Old 03-23-08, 11:54 AM
hksnlper
Pole Position

If you ever decide to part out LMK I will take all the mods you have installed. Instead of selling few parts here and there Ill just take all from you.
Old 06-20-08, 05:38 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

ttt

It's up on the local boards. If I don't get any interest in the next couple of weeks I'll consider parting some stuff out.
Old 06-29-08, 05:17 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Edit: Price Drop
Old 07-01-08, 07:01 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

i'd be interested in:

l-tuned steering ecu
front brakes

Quick Reply: Supercharged White 2000 GS400 (near Chicago)