Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

Taking Over Payments on IS250 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-08, 10:14 AM
Nvalenti20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking Over Payments on IS250 AWD

Seeing if anyone is interested in taking over the payments on my 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD. It has about 37k miles on it, has the luxury package with illuminated scuff plaes...pretty much every option except the ML system, parking assist and the adaptive cruise control. The way it sits now the car is currently through my credit union, took out an 8 year loan at 7.5%, payment is $569/month, in august I will have owned the car for 2 full years, meaning there will be 6 years left on the note. I'm just sick of the payment...want something cheaper and better on gas. All inquireis appreciated, thanks.
Old 06-23-08, 10:38 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

8 year loan? at 7.5%.....good luck.
Old 06-23-08, 10:41 AM
bigphil
Driver School Candidate

how much do you have left on your note?
Old 06-23-08, 10:43 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bigphil
OP already stated 6 more years on his note @ $569/mo.

$569/mo for 8 years, you could have bought a GS.
Old 06-23-08, 10:44 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

8 years at 569/mo....yikes! I took out a lengthy loan too, but only so I could have a very low minimum payment $250.00/mo just in case I have a bad month financially forcing me to only afford to pay the minimum. I try to more than double up on my car payment each month, so I can get my baby paid off ASAP....car payments for 8 years would drive me nuts!
Old 06-23-08, 10:47 AM
shadow191
Pole Position

If you took over in August, he'd have almost $41k left on the note. Which means you'd be very upside down.

Originally Posted by bigphil
Old 06-23-08, 10:53 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

I dont mean to come off as brash.....but I would just like to throw out the fact that I do believe this is the result of poor financial decision making.
Old 06-23-08, 11:03 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well we dont know the credit score or anything of this person. negative equity in the previous car...ect! unfortunate things happen to the best of us in life. Look at the banking mess that is going on now! you can say its "subprime" all day long but I know the reality of this industry and its everyone....people with 800+ ficos foreclosing on properties...Its only going to get worse!

anyway to the OP I would post over in the classified section. Someone needs a car and can afford it they will step up to the plate.

Lets all be nice and try to help them out

Mike
Old 06-23-08, 11:07 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

OP> concensus here is that you're probably better off sticking w/ your is250 awd for financial reasons.

MLIAISON> the OP was asking if anyone was interested in taking over his payments, not your opinion of his financial-making decisions. don't be a thread troll; stick to the topic or get out of the thread.
Old 06-23-08, 11:14 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
OP> concensus here is that you're probably better off sticking w/ your is250 awd for financial reasons.

MLIAISON> the OP was asking if anyone was interested in taking over his payments, not your opinion of his financial-making decisions. don't be a thread troll; stick to the topic or get out of the thread.
Thread troll, that was hilarious. What if Richie was an economist/financial guru in hiding (LOL)?
Old 06-23-08, 11:14 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Projectdna - The OP might not have asked for my opinion, but I didnt ask for yours either. I really dont know who you think you are....but you have absolutely no business telling me how to post on this forum. If you dont like reading my thoughts and opinions on an objective forum, then you should get out. Need I remind you that you are not a moderator?

Last edited by MLIAISON; 06-23-08 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-23-08, 11:19 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
Projectdna - The OP might not have asked for my opinion, but I didnt ask for yours either. I really dont know who you think you are....but you have absolutely no business telling me how to post on this forum. If you dont like reading my thoughts and opinions on an objective forum, then you should get out. Need I mind you that you are not a moderator?
Let's all get along and live happily ever after. My point is, I have on nice socks. They are really nice!!!
Old 06-23-08, 11:21 AM
Nvalenti20
Driver School Candidate

You guys are right, I did make a bad financial decision...not denying that whatsoever. passnu I appreciate your understanding.

I didn't start this thread to be reminded of what I already know...with all do respect. Just thought I would have a couple members help out a fellow member or at least point me in the rifght direction...if I have to bite the bullet and stick with the car then that's what I'll have to do, I know I made my bed on this one...I owe just over $34k on the car.
Old 06-23-08, 11:24 AM
Nvalenti20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Little E
8 years at 569/mo....yikes! I took out a lengthy loan too, but only so I could have a very low minimum payment $250.00/mo just in case I have a bad month financially forcing me to only afford to pay the minimum. I try to more than double up on my car payment each month, so I can get my baby paid off ASAP....car payments for 8 years would drive me nuts!
Driving me nuts is an understatement...hindsight is 20/20 I guess...
Old 06-23-08, 11:27 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I got rid of my piece of crap 2005 350Z on carsoup.com. Maybe you can try your car on there???

Quick Reply: Taking Over Payments on IS250 AWD