Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX 1993 GS300 2jzgte powered Aristo swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 10:06 AM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 GS300 2jzgte powered Aristo swap

PRICE: $6700 OBO....NOW 6300 OR BEST OFFER!!!
TRADE: Currently not interested in any trades
ITEM: 1993 1st gen. Lexus GS300 with a 2jzgte aristo swap
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Johnny D
PHONE NUMBER: (361) 633-1320
EMAIL: greatenigmus@hotmail.com
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Cash or bank certified check
BEST WAY OF CONTACT: text my cell # or e-mail me

DESCRIPTION:
My GS300 has been a part of me for a little over 2 years and has been an INCREDIBLY great and reliable vehicle for the duration of my ownership. The biggest issue I've ever had with this car was the crank pulley dampener worn itself out and was replaced with a newer one. Essentially, there is no issue mechanically with this car what-so-ever. Plenty of people who have been in my car or at least have seen it can attest to its greatness as it spent alot of days turning heads, and pulling hard while doing so.
Alot of people who are in the market of buying a car are always concerned about the car being beat on during its ownership of the previous owner. Once again, many of the people who know me and know how i treat my car completely know and understand that I do not beat on my cars. Does that mean I don't push the throttle a bit? absolutely not! I love go to fast as much as the next guy, but there is a line between moderately enjoying a car and abusing a car...i do not abuse my car.

There are a very limited amount of mods on this car, for I am not a modification freak, so my cars generally stay BPU. As far as mods, the car has:

Hard Pipes
3-row FMIC bar and plate
3" Exhaust, mid pipe, down pipe
greddy intake
Boost guage on the driver side pillar
Tein Coilovers
Aristo front strut tower brace
USDM MKIV TT Fuel Pump
Aftermarket mid brace (not installed)
extra set of USDM turbo's (Not installed)

There is an aftermarket body kit on the car. I have NO idea what kind it is...i really never asked nor have I looked it up. However, upon my purchase of the car, i was informed that the side skirts are molded to the body.
There is also aftermarket wheels on the car. 18x10 in the rear 18x9 in the front sporting 275/40/18's in the rear and 245/40/18's in the front. As far as the make and model of these aftermarket wheels, I, again, have no idea. They were discontinued a LONG time ago and apparently are Japan-only wheels. They are 3-piece.

Problems with the car:
This car is not perfect by any means....upon this description, I will write down the problems with the car.
Car does need a paint job...the clearcoat is coming off on the hood, roof and trunk. Some people say somebody deliberately sprayed something on the car, some think it was natural. All I know is that it needs a paint job.
There are some scratches on the side skirts. Pass side has a couple scratches from curbs that I've misjudged and the driver side has a few scratches that reach the entire length of the bottom of the side skirt. They are all made out of fiberglass and I'll most likely have my friend fix any cracks in the fiberglass before the sale of the vehicle.
Speedo sensor needs to be replaced.
rear pass window needs new switch..the rear pass window does not roll up or down.
moonroof has cracks in it. It works perfectly and does not leak...i found quite a few websites with replacement glasses off of other cars for 60 bucks.
no cruise control

What works on the car:
Turbos pull quite nicely
engine is perfectly sound and has greddy timing belt
AC works
PS works
Heated Leather seats work
automatic telescoping steering wheel
Sony head unit installed in the car with remote
it JUST got new front tires, spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, thermostat, oil change.

As I've said, the car is an absolute BLAST to drive (especially on curvy roads...the mix between the good suspension and the fast spooling turbo's are a great recipe for a fun time) and I would love to sell this car to an owner that i trust will take great care of her.
The reason why I am selling the car is because I am really getting the mk3 itch and I've been wanting to get back in the mk3 game for sometime now...I can't have two toys, so I'll go back to mk3's for the meantime and if I wanna go back to Lexus, then I will...but for now, this will have to do.

Last edited by Johnny D; 06-22-09 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-18-09, 02:31 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

TTT because, you know...id like to get this car sold
Old 05-18-09, 08:11 PM
1000hp
Driver School Candidate

Are you interested in trades, or sale only?
Old 05-18-09, 09:42 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

have you had it dyno'd?
Old 05-18-09, 10:09 PM
moejz
Pole Position

This is a nice car Johnny. Man I had the eyes on it on Supramania for a while...but you are too far away from me. The price you want for it is a steal...seriously. glws man.
Moe
Old 05-21-09, 08:10 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Thanks for the replies, guys. I am more interested in a cash sale than I am in trades...but thats not say that I will NOT go for one. So if you feel there is a trade that is very admirable to both parties, then I will definitely look into it.

No, I have no had the car dyno'd nor has it been on the track. I dont particularly race this car, I dont really push it...just the occassional highway pull to get a small rush, but those are few and far between.

In all honesty, it is hard to let this car go because it has been such a great, quick and extremely reliable car. it definitely grabs a lot of peoples attention because this is not a car you see everyday. You already dont see many 1G GS300's floating around, let alone one that is modded...so being in that rarity is freshening .

Moejz...dont let distance shy yourself away from what you really want, if you really want it. If youre in SoCal, El Paso is somewhat half way between you and I and I can gladly meet you there..or you can always have the car shipped

thanks for your inquiries, gents. I hope to hear more from you or any others who are wanting to own this car.
Old 05-29-09, 11:52 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

ttt please
Old 05-30-09, 02:10 AM
TurboGS
Driver

would you take $5,500?
Old 06-02-09, 12:14 PM
TurboGS
Driver

cash in hand ready to travel!!! lemme know.
Old 06-02-09, 10:16 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TurboGS
cash in hand ready to travel!!! lemme know.
youre the one that texted me today on my cell? If so, call me tomorrow and we'll talk.
Old 06-03-09, 05:56 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Deal fell through, So the car is still currently for sale, ladies and gents. The car is for 6700 but I am definitely taking best offers...reasonable best offers might I add.

So please, if you feel you have an offer you want to throw due to a high interest in the car, then Id be happy to hear them.

Last edited by Johnny D; 06-03-09 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-05-09, 07:43 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

taking best offers, guys.
Old 06-05-09, 09:05 PM
wusupra
Driver

what is the interior conditon? Any pics?
Old 06-06-09, 06:31 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wusupra
what is the interior conditon? Any pics?
The condition of the interior is fair for a 16 year old car....its what you would expect out of a 16 year old car that has had different owners in its previous years.

Last edited by Johnny D; 06-06-09 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-10-09, 04:42 PM
Johnny D
Pole Position

best offers people..

Quick Reply: TX 1993 GS300 2jzgte powered Aristo swap