Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

AZ 1995 Pearl White SC300 Auto, runs great, price is OBO

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 02:37 PM
Bondrake
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1995 Pearl White SC300 Auto, price dropped

Hi, I am listing my Pearl White 1995 Lexus SC300 for sale. Runs well and has been well maintained. This car will always start, runs smooth, is quick, and is a silky quiet ride with good handling. Automatic transmission, stock chrome alloy wheels, nice Pioneer head unit and Monster wiring for stereo. Passed emissions with flying colors (it was originally a California car, so it has even more emissions reduction equipment than most do) last October, clean title. Car was a lease for a year and a half when new, second owner was an old man who purchased it certified used and took meticulous care of it. I am the third owner.

There's some paint chipped off the front of the bumper, but everywhere else the paint is nice; only a few minor dings and scrapes. Front seat leather is warn, but I installed custom fitted seat covers which match the interior. The leather in the rear seat still looks great. Only issues with car are that the EGR valve is sticking sometimes (part is $150, I think shops charge a couple of hours labor. you only need to worry about it if it's sticking on the day you need to do emissions), the cruise control isn't working (I think a wire got snagged on the steering column and it just disconnected, should be really easy to fix), the e-brake light on the dash seems to come on randomly (probably just a faulty sensor), and there's a minor oil leak (it will leave a couple drops if it sits overnight). All minor issues that popped up recently. I can have my mechanic fix them before delivery of vehicle or a handy person can save a few bucks by taking it as is.

The car has about 240K miles, but I've had basically all the major stuff that goes wrong with these cars at high mileage fixed in the last few years. The drive-trains have a reputation for lasting 300K or more miles when properly maintained, as a lot of the people here know I'm sure. The A/C compressor was replaced a couple of years ago, tires have lots of tread, brakes are good, shocks are recent, radiator is new, timing belt is new, and it was just fully tuned up a few months ago. More has been done to keep it in good running order too. Oil always replaced regularly with Mobil 1 Extended Performance.

I just spent a few days helping my girlfriend look for a car a few weeks ago and had a lot of trouble with people not being up front about their cars, so I'm trying to detail everything I can that might give someone pause or affect the value of the vehicle. I drive this car daily, have had it for about four years, and have put over 60K miles on it. Only selling to get a larger vehicle. I've never had an issue with it getting me where I need to be and before the highway took it's toll on the front bumper I often had people ask me if the car was new.

Book value in "Fair" condition is $4800. I'm asking $3800 OBO as is, but will consider all serious offers. I hope to sell within two weeks, so I'm flexible. Will gladly have the issues mentioned fixed by a shop prior to delivery at actual cost, or can just have it inspected and get you a repair quote.

I can be reached at 480-720-3815. Text message, email, or call any time. If I can't answer, just leave a voicemail with your name, number, and mentioning the car.

Pictures up!
NEW PRICE: $3400 OBO

Last edited by Bondrake; 08-06-09 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-22-09, 02:48 PM
Bondrake
Driver School Candidate

Forgot to mention: I'm in Gilbert, AZ
Old 07-24-09, 04:10 PM
Bondrake
Driver School Candidate

Also new water pump and window regulators. This car shouldn't need any major repairs in a while. I've put more than I'm asking for the car into it in the last year.

Last edited by Bondrake; 08-02-09 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-02-09, 06:19 PM
Bondrake
Driver School Candidate

Pictures up! Price dropped to $3600 OBO
Old 08-03-09, 11:26 AM
Bondrake
Driver School Candidate

Was asked about shipping car cross-country to North Carolina (2,300 miles). Got a quote for $900 shipped door to door. Would probably be cheaper to ship shorter distances. Willing to ship and use escrow.com ($125 fee) to handle transaction if anyone who can't get to AZ is interested in the car. I'm asking so much less than book that this would still be a good deal I think. I need money for a larger vehicle very soon!

Last edited by Bondrake; 08-03-09 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-05-09, 09:06 AM
Bondrake
Driver School Candidate

Morning bump!
Old 08-06-09, 09:29 AM
Bondrake
Driver School Candidate

Need this gone soon. Price dropped to $3400 OBO