Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA 1992 Lexus SC300 Soarer 1JZGTE Turbo show car (orange county)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 12:38 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1KhpWrx
Please PM me with any questions about the car.

Everyones comments are going to confuse people.
So stop being shady and tell everyone the truth so you don't get the same questions repeated...

Jonny
Old 08-07-09, 01:18 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

1khpwrx since you have very little history with our community, I'd rather have members confused at first and become very clear as you answer some of the valid questions.

I'd also suggest another tactic that may address your concern is to edit your first post to pre-emptively address any of the questions you're concerned about.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-08-09 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-09, 05:03 PM
vegasgs400
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was too late when it was for sale in Vegas.

GLWS
Old 08-08-09, 08:46 PM
Vertex GS3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea the original owner is a guy name Geoff. The engine was build by Autolink in Southern California. Good car but I dont think this car ever entered or won at HIN. I am a judge at HIN but i could be wrong.
Old 08-09-09, 09:44 AM
jasony0228
Driver School Candidate

ha............
This car is nice and i like it tho.
But owner ???????
Old 08-12-09, 11:10 AM
sc32jz
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, just for some background info on the car, Geoff Chen was the original owner who built the car. I purchased the car off of him and sold it to the owner who lived in Las Vegas. The car has has never been hit or been stolen. Geoff told me the insurance company titled the car salvage because the value of his car was worth less than the cost to repaint it from being keyed. They probably knew the car was keyed purposely so he could use his insurance and he would not have to pay for the paint job and salvaged the title to show this type of stuff is not allowed. Anyhow, hope that helps. The car was a great car with minor flaws, hated to sell it but I needed the money at the time.

Last edited by sc32jz; 08-13-09 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-14-09, 12:10 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

just met 1KhpWrx at the south ocl meet, he seems like a chill guy, i liked him. talked about the car a bit, would love to buy it myself but damn...... thats alot of **** under the hood. GLWS
Old 08-14-09, 02:12 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

not trying to put off the sale but i have the original owner's number but to let other members know you are literally selling the car double and then some of what you bought it for....
Old 08-14-09, 02:13 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Matador
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember this car having a salvage title from when the original owner was selling it?
Originally Posted by LenMart
Was this ever a Vegas car?
Originally Posted by surrealSC
hmmmm.... wasnt this on vegas craigslists not to long ago? when i inquired about it, seller said he sold it for a ridiculous price... are you the original owner or did you buy it from the guy in vegas not to long ago?
Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
yup this car was a vegas car...1khp bought it from the guy for a great deal..thats what he told me...nice ride...glws mang
Originally Posted by Dx3
So stop being shady and tell everyone the truth so you don't get the same questions repeated...

Jonny
Originally Posted by DaveGS4
1khpwrx since you have very little history with our community, I'd rather have members confused at first and become very clear as you answer some of the valid questions.

I'd also suggest another tactic that may address your concern is to edit your first post to pre-emptively address any of the questions you're concerned about.
Originally Posted by vegasgs400
I was too late when it was for sale in Vegas.

GLWS
Originally Posted by sc32jz
Hey guys, just for some background info on the car, Geoff Chen was the original owner who built the car. I purchased the car off of him and sold it to the owner who lived in Las Vegas. The car has has never been hit or been stolen. Geoff told me the insurance company titled the car salvage because the value of his car was worth less than the cost to repaint it from being keyed. They probably knew the car was keyed purposely so he could use his insurance and he would not have to pay for the paint job and salvaged the title to show this type of stuff is not allowed. Anyhow, hope that helps. The car was a great car with minor flaws, hated to sell it but I needed the money at the time.
Originally Posted by Ay-nako
not trying to put off the sale but i have the original owner's number but to let other members know you are literally selling the car double and then some of what you bought it for....

sorry i wanted to mash this all up together... this is ridiculous
Old 08-14-09, 03:38 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
sorry i wanted to mash this all up together... this is ridiculous

Yup. I have nothing to hide. Everyone knows the deal...
But like everyone the car has passed through I am not in need of money and dont have any intention of letting it sell for cheap. I can part it out for double what I bought it for...

Someone will be very happy to own this car.
Old 08-14-09, 07:54 PM
Dark_Eric
Driver

I know I will, I have to figure out how I can get it delivered over here...we'll see i'm still shopping around, this one is definitely in the top 5.
Old 08-15-09, 06:37 PM
sc32jz
Driver School Candidate

Just to chime in, I bought the car for 16,500 and that's what I sold it for. I don't know how much he got the car for, but the price he's ASKING is still an awesome deal. If I had the cash, I'd pick it right back up. I went from driving that to a 91 buick park avenue. It sucks when you need money, but family always comes first. GLWS
Old 08-15-09, 08:21 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by sc32jz
Just to chime in, I bought the car for 16,500 and that's what I sold it for. I don't know how much he got the car for, but the price he's ASKING is still an awesome deal. If I had the cash, I'd pick it right back up. I went from driving that to a 91 buick park avenue. It sucks when you need money, but family always comes first. GLWS
Wish i had the funds to.. Great car for a great price.. Its everything that a SC should be..
Old 08-15-09, 08:45 PM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone buy my car so I can buy this one....
Old 08-16-09, 03:49 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint job, body kit, engine swap, parts, interior work alone is worth it

Quick Reply: CA 1992 Lexus SC300 Soarer 1JZGTE Turbo show car (orange county)