Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

MD Twin Turbo GS400

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-09, 09:36 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

jeff you punk , you make me sick man , make up your mind and keep that pos
IM like Brett Favre with this damn car.....sellin it, nah keepin it....well, maybe Ill sell it, F that im keepin it!

It changes week to week. I just left SRT a little while ago, was talking about the V160 swap....I make no sense!

I will say, if someone steps up, she will be gone. If I still have it come winter and I pull the trigger on the V160, she will stick around for another year or so.
Old 09-18-09, 06:38 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff, do you have her tuned for race gas as well, or just pump?
Old 09-19-09, 05:09 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Just pump for now. I always thought about seeing what it will ut down on race gas but I was afraid to push it. As long as it took me to get the car done, I didnt want to take any chances of messing something up for bragging rights on the dyno.
Old 09-20-09, 12:40 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Just pump for now. I always thought about seeing what it will ut down on race gas but I was afraid to push it. As long as it took me to get the car done, I didnt want to take any chances of messing something up for bragging rights on the dyno.
I hear ya on that. I have mine tuned on low boost, only 350whp, which I'm happy with for now. Free bump!!
Old 10-01-09, 12:35 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
Awww man, another one of the innovators of the GS goes on the chopping block, especially in the boosted sector. I remember when you were first boosting back in the day. This car is definitely done right. First class all the way. Whoever gets the privilege of owning this masterpiece will be a lucky owner. I just wish it were me, heheh!!! Good luck with the sale TT!!
To be honest man...your probably the LAST ONE that should talk! You JUST got DaveGS4's masterpiece!!! You BEAT A LOT of people to it...you must have been on one of those "reserved lists".

Sorry for the interruption TT. GL with your sale and I commend you for such a nice build; everything looks like it was thoughfully planned out!
Old 10-01-09, 02:31 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Thanks for the compliments.....the build may not be over. Im about 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on the V160 swap.

This is one of the reasons Im thinking about selling, Im constantly thinking about what I can do to it next!!
Old 10-01-09, 03:06 PM
meazy
Driver

Originally Posted by tturbopimp
thanks for the compliments.....the build may not be over. Im about 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on the v160 swap.

This is one of the reasons im thinking about selling, im constantly thinking about what i can do to it next!!
lol... Your worse than me!!! I can feel your contemplation from all the way down here!!! Just whatever you do.... Dont lowball it like i was forced to do... Almost sold... I can smell it...
Old 10-02-09, 05:21 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Thanks for the compliments.....the build may not be over. Im about 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on the V160 swap.

This is one of the reasons Im thinking about selling, Im constantly thinking about what I can do to it next!!
Sorry to sway anyone in the running for this purchase but...man, I would hold onto it. I know I havn't spoke to you much on these forums but remember you do not only have a wonderful build on your hands but it is also one of a kind and the car is discontinued (obviously)! I would always keep it if I were you...and if worst comes to worst, keep it in your family as an heirloom. Eventhough production cars have become faster and faster I CAN'T imagine 30-40 years from now production cars will be even faster. Your car would be a classic (from 2000), and a MONSTER; meticulously done all on top of that. I would go for your V160 swap; sometimes you don't know what you got until it's gone. GL man with either decision.

It's funny because I have NEVER EVER even been in a turbo'd car (let alone TT'd). Turbo must be fun.
Old 10-05-09, 08:16 AM
MyAristo
Driver School Candidate

Good luck with the Sell...Nice Car!!