Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

IL 2008 Lexus IS-F - Possible Part out as well

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-09, 02:40 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Lexus IS-F - Possible Part out as well

Well it saddens me to say this but I am selling my 2008 Lexus IS-F. I was, and am still considering just trading it in for my next purchase, but I figured I would see if any Lexus owners would want to take it off my hands rather than putting it back into a dealership. Mods, if this thread breaks/bends any rules regarding forum sales, please close it at your discretion. I am currently in the process of buying, so if I get an offer worth taking for the trade, I will be forced to remove the car from classifieds. I say this to make serious buyers aware of the time frame I am working with.

The car is a 2008 Mercury Metallic Lexus ISF. It has a black leather interior. The ISF has been my daily driver since March 2008. The car was purchased from Bredemann Lexus in Glenview, IL on March 10, 2008, I believe. I currently have just under 30k miles to date, keep in mind around 80-85% of the miles are highway commuter miles. The car is equipped with the following:

Mark Levinson Audio
DVD based navigation system
Moonroof
Heated front seats
Dual Climate Zones
Bluetooth capable
Cruise control (standard i think)
Parking sensors with backup camera
It's fully loaded folks

The car is in great condition and runs excellent. All schedule maintenance has been performed (5000 mile increment checkups etc...) The back seat has been used maybe 10 times in the last year and a half.

As far as mods go, I have the following:

-Joe-Z Intake tube
-TOMS High Performance Air Filter
-Joe-Z Catback Dual Exhaust
-JIC Magic Coilovers
-30% window tints on all windows except windshield
-K40 radar in front and rear bumpers...warning lights hidden inside dash above gauge cluster. Blue lights match "F" blue, nice touch
-3M clear bra on front bumper, half hood, half fenders, mirrors
-Black Pearl Emblem Kit
-Blacked out roof (Just painted the roof black)
-Fabulous Carbon Fiber Door Pillars

I still have the stock intake, exhaust and coilovers. Parting out at this point for me is a toss up. PM for pricing for part out if interested. Cost/benefit is not that high for me at the moment. If a buyer is seriously intersted in a stock ISF, mechanically stock atleast, I will consider taking off the intake, exhaust and coils at my own expense to make a sale. Otherwise, I most likely will leave the car as is.

The price I am asking is $43,000.

This feels like a fair price when comparing KBB and considering the money I have poured into the thing.

One more thing I would like to keep with the car is the $3k winter wheel/tire package purchased through Lexus. They have one winter on them and they should have atleast one more if not two. This package may or may not be sold seperately depending on the buyer(s).

I will consider offers to part out certain parts (I.E. intake/exhaust/coils). Keep in mind, costs will be modified to include shipping. As far as an "uninstall" cost, we can discuss further if need be.

Please only serious buyers at this time.

I will post pictures of the car later when I get home from work.

Thank you for your time. Cheers
Old 10-01-09, 08:53 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

GLWS .. this is a great price..
Old 10-02-09, 10:49 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Bump please
Old 10-03-09, 03:22 PM
s2kpunisher
Pit Crew

Get pictures yet? Video of exhaust would be nice too.
Old 10-03-09, 03:47 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

pics/video? anything.. where in illinois r u located and what are you thinkin of buying?
Old 10-03-09, 08:23 PM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Got a nice offer. The ISF has been traded in as of this afternoon, 10/3. I did not do any parting out so I have nothing left to offer. With that being said, mods please close the thread. Thank you

"New" ride: 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged.
Old 10-04-09, 08:11 PM
LexusIS08
Driver School Candidate

Eghhhhh Such a load of a vehicle you went to.. I currently own one, so boring to drive. I would of traded you my 07 srt-8 jeep for the ISF. Head, Cam, CAI, headers, exhaust, dyno tuned, Black with Black powder coated wheels. Sucks to see you traded this.
Old 10-05-09, 04:47 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^ LOL! I do love those GC SRT-8's. Being that I do a good amount of driving for work, the ISF was just tough on a person. The supercharged Range's have plenty of power for me, atleast for now. I had never actually driven the supercharged ones until the one I bought. They can move for a 6000 lb truck. Also has Brembos so I have some braking confidence as well. I love the Range Rover in a completely different way. You appreciate the exact opposite things for two very different automobiles.

Thanks again
Old 10-05-09, 05:39 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats on the new ride bro!