Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA Bay Area: RARE 2001 Onyx Blue GS430 ML 54k Miles Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 07:01 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by aka paco
yeah but you rarely, if ever see GS430's sell as low as kbb.. you can't really price most cars off kbb these days either..

i sold my 95 SC300 for 10k, it was black interior 5 speed car.. it probably booked for 5,000 tops.

i'm not disagreeing about getting a loan higher then kbb. just saying KBB isn't really a realistic way to price cars in some cases..
I agree with you that "some cars or cases" book value isn't plausible but i don't mean any disrespect but you and the OP is ridiculous to think you can sale this car for $5-6K over its Private value. I understand this a clean low mileage car and its deserves probably a grand or two above its value for its low mileage but not 3 times that. Now if the car has incredible crazy low miles like a Lexus i'm looking at right now, i'm looking at a Lexus that is $4K over its Private value but this cars has UNDER 1K miles and its a five year old car.. now thats reasonable in standards but not this.. Unless you just like a sales ad to go on for "X" amount of months and you wonder why NOBODY is responding to your ad..

I'm not trying to be ****, but you can see my signature, my GS has 47K miles and its a '99, and i understand your stand and these cars are special if their modded properly may bring $17K or $18K but not in stock form..

I've been on other forums when Infinti guys sell their cars, they ask about what they owe or a just bit over and they sell it and move on. Price it fair or no one would ever buy your car.. Just trying to be helpful..

GLWS!
Old 03-09-10, 11:09 AM
sjlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
I agree with you that "some cars or cases" book value isn't plausible but i don't mean any disrespect but you and the OP is ridiculous to think you can sale this car for $5-6K over its Private value. I understand this a clean low mileage car and its deserves probably a grand or two above its value for its low mileage but not 3 times that. Now if the car has incredible crazy low miles like a Lexus i'm looking at right now, i'm looking at a Lexus that is $4K over its Private value but this cars has UNDER 1K miles and its a five year old car.. now thats reasonable in standards but not this.. Unless you just like a sales ad to go on for "X" amount of months and you wonder why NOBODY is responding to your ad..

I'm not trying to be ****, but you can see my signature, my GS has 47K miles and its a '99, and i understand your stand and these cars are special if their modded properly may bring $17K or $18K but not in stock form..

I've been on other forums when Infinti guys sell their cars, they ask about what they owe or a just bit over and they sell it and move on. Price it fair or no one would ever buy your car.. Just trying to be helpful..

GLWS!
No offense taken. I have actually received interest but mostly from out of state buyers on the forum. My pricing is negotiable and I don't realistically expect to receive 18k offers. Again the extended warranty is very valuable to a prospective buyer because we all know lexus parts are expensive to repair. My passenger door actuator is out again which will need to be taken care of, this is the second door actuator that has failed and if i remember correctly, the dealer priced the service at 500 dollars. Secondly, there are alot of buyers who do not want a car that has been mildly or seriously modded. Again I do not NEED to sell the car anytime soon, if i can get a fair offer, it will be sold.
Old 03-09-10, 06:19 PM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i buy at dealer auctions everyday and these cars consistently sell over KBB everyday i CANNOT buy this car at a dealer auction for under 14-15k i know that sounds crazy but it holds true everytime im there.
Old 03-09-10, 08:59 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

Clean GS! I've forwarded this to some people who might be interested. GLWS, the next owner is going to very lucky.
Old 03-10-10, 06:50 PM
renren7
Lead Lap

nice car, but hard to imagine people paying 15-18k cash for this car when they can get an much newer car for the same price.
2GS is a very nice car, and with such low miles and nice color combo, it should sell above the kbb price.
But I do agree the asking price is too tough to handle for most

GLWS!
Old 03-11-10, 08:03 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4

GLWS!
THIS ^^ free bump
Old 03-11-10, 09:54 AM
JAYGS4NYC
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Hold out for your price and dont listen to ALL the low baller know it all forum people. Its kind of amazing to see/read this from the ppl who know the cars best. Its also hard for some ppl to understand VALUE. KBB is a GUIDE not the bible when it comes to selling cars. Demand, need, want, and the pure rarity of the vehicle is the case when it comes to these cars. If ur worried about loans and BB value for these vehicles then ur out ur league. Save ur cash and come correct when ur ready.. Just my 2cents.. Take it how u wanna.. GLWS
Old 03-15-10, 12:28 PM
sjlex
Driver

asking price dropped to 16k. Anyone looking to get into a GS from the bay area and have a car that i might be interested in + cash, let me know.
Old 03-19-10, 05:08 PM
sjlex
Driver

Serious buyers, throw me offers.
Old 03-19-10, 09:50 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

How about i disregard the inflation, offer you what the car is worth ($12,000), you replace the blown sub woofer, get the car detailed and change the oil?
Old 03-21-10, 12:14 PM
sully916
Driver School Candidate

very nice car. GLWS. so can we see close ups of the rims, any flaws, make/model of rims, and dimensions/specs?
Old 03-21-10, 02:55 PM
sjlex
Driver

Originally Posted by milellie11
How about i disregard the inflation, offer you what the car is worth ($12,000), you replace the blown sub woofer, get the car detailed and change the oil?
haha

Originally Posted by sully916
very nice car. GLWS. so can we see close ups of the rims, any flaws, make/model of rims, and dimensions/specs?
Thanks. I made a FS thread for the rims, here it is:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...o-voucher.html

Last edited by sjlex; 03-21-10 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 05:46 AM
Acidic
Driver

NADA seems better than KBB

KBB was trying to tell me that my 100k mile 96 M3 was worth only 4.5K... It sold for 10k cash, 100% bank financed because they went off NADA...

NADA puts this, CLEAN RETAIL at $16,700 assuming no NAV/Sunroof

Last edited by Acidic; 03-23-10 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-24-10, 08:52 AM
sjlex
Driver

Originally Posted by Acidic
NADA seems better than KBB

KBB was trying to tell me that my 100k mile 96 M3 was worth only 4.5K... It sold for 10k cash, 100% bank financed because they went off NADA...

NADA puts this, CLEAN RETAIL at $16,700 assuming no NAV/Sunroof
Thanks for the helpful post, i appreciate it.
Old 03-29-10, 06:22 PM
sjlex
Driver

updated pics of present state. Open to offers right now

Quick Reply: CA Bay Area: RARE 2001 Onyx Blue GS430 ML 54k Miles Warranty