Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX 2001 Lexus GS430

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-10, 01:26 AM
LEXTECH126
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pics. GLWS!
Old 02-26-10, 08:08 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 98G-RIDE
great pics. GLWS!
Yeah, i offered the owner more than the car is worth (OVER Private value @ market rate) and he declined!!

Good luck with that..

Also, Buyer Beware; Owner acts like he doesn't want to sell, he doesn't ansnswer his phone, he don't return calls, messages or PM's, when you finally get him on the phone, he's a got chip on his shoulder so watch out if you want to buy this car..

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 02-26-10 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Buyer Beware
Old 02-26-10, 10:08 AM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gs

Hey 1qwk do you mind telling us how much you offered so the rest of us will know what not to offer
Old 02-26-10, 12:07 PM
Straight6
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Shot him an offer too way above book..no response. Also spoke to him, he's not willing to budge a penny. I think, he thinks he's sitting on gold. Sorry but the market if flooded with cars to try and dwell on one. ON TO THE NEXT ONE...

oh btw, 90k mile service is due on the car...and we all know that's not cheap..
Old 02-26-10, 01:56 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by alredxiii
Hey 1qwk do you mind telling us how much you offered so the rest of us will know what not to offer
I actually over booked his car somehow, Kelly Blue Book is usually not a realistic price so from Edmunds TMV: his car @ Private value its $10461, Retail is $11,916.

Because i overbooked his car i offered him $11K at first because he's getting close to 90K service which is like ($1,800) and I told him his car was worth $11500 so if he won't mind discounting me $500 because 90K is around the corner.

He said "$11,000 or $11,500 wont do." and $13K was his price even though he said on this ad "$13K or Negotiated Offer" So, I said what will you do under $13K? He said, i'll have to look into prices as i'm not in a hurry to sell, i'll get back to you on a price if i decide to sell under $13K. Thats it. Not a penny like Straight6 said..

Originally Posted by Straight6
Shot him an offer too way above book..no response. Also spoke to him, he's not willing to budge a penny. I think, he thinks he's sitting on gold. Sorry but the market if flooded with cars to try and dwell on one. ON TO THE NEXT ONE...

oh btw, 90k mile service is due on the car...and we all know that's not cheap..
Yup, i mentioned about the 90K and he said theres not many GS430's under 100K miles so $13K is his bottom line..

Also, I tried to call him back to say, the price i offered was for the car ONLY, i didn't want the extra wheels or Springs, just the car with stocks on it and no response to my voice message or Pm's..

Even if he came down on the price now, i wouldn't buy from this guy.. Like you said.. ON TO THE NEXT ONE....

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 02-26-10 at 02:00 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-26-10, 02:00 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I guess this seller is not eager to sell
Old 02-26-10, 02:43 PM
Straight6
Lead Lap

why put "negotiated offer" if you're not willing to hear offers.. I offered $12k. For someone to pay $13k for his car plus $1800 90k mile sevice and expense of flying to go get it and fuel cost to take it home is too much.. at the price there are better options..

I'm sorry but there are still alot of low mileage GS's out there, the key is patience.. there's a gs430 w/ navi and 67k mile around my area at a reasonable price.. I'm just not in the market for a black car..

the rigt GS will come, no rush.. there's a reason why people don't sell their cars.. bottom line, cars continue to depreciate as time goes by.. the longer you wait, the lower the price..
Old 02-26-10, 03:52 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Straight6
why put "negotiated offer" if you're not willing to hear offers.. I offered $12k. For someone to pay $13k for his car plus $1800 90k mile sevice and expense of flying to go get it and fuel cost to take it home is too much.. at the price there are better options..

I'm sorry but there are still alot of low mileage GS's out there, the key is patience.. there's a gs430 w/ navi and 67k mile around my area at a reasonable price.. I'm just not in the market for a black car..

the rigt GS will come, no rush.. there's a reason why people don't sell their cars.. bottom line, cars continue to depreciate as time goes by.. the longer you wait, the lower the price..

12 seems fair to me, I don't really think you can go off kbb for these cars, i mean they normally sell for more then book, i think my 430 books for like 7800 private sale in excellent condition, but you'd be hard pressed to find a clean well maintained 430 for 8k imo..

i put mine on autotrader and am getting flooded with interest now..

i will say it's still a buyers market right now, cars just aren't worth as much right now.
Old 02-26-10, 04:21 PM
Straight6
Lead Lap

i've looked at your post and you're car is clean...if it had lower miles, i'd scoop it up in a heartbeat..good luck with your sale..

$12k for a 9 year old car is a fair deal.. an Acura TL fully loaded is not far off, or a beamer or a 350Z or a G35...and the list goes on....

Originally Posted by aka paco
12 seems fair to me, I don't really think you can go off kbb for these cars, i mean they normally sell for more then book, i think my 430 books for like 7800 private sale in excellent condition, but you'd be hard pressed to find a clean well maintained 430 for 8k imo..

i will say it's still a buyers market right now, cars just aren't worth as much right now.
Old 02-26-10, 04:25 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

$8K for your car is not a bad price considering your mileage, but who gets excellent book for a car close to 150K miles anyways?
Old 02-26-10, 07:13 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, you GS guys are really **** about milage, you do know its a Lexus right??? And "book value" is a GUIDELINE for idiots that dont know any better, some cars sell way under book and some sell way over book.

If the OP wants to put his car up for sale for $20k he can, its his car and sometimes you you dont "have" to sell a car, and if you do it has to be worth it to you. Truth be told he may be right, there arent many clean low miles 430's around (not a very common car) and some people are more worried about VALUE vs. PRICE.
Old 02-26-10, 08:16 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
WOW, you GS guys are really **** about milage, you do know its a Lexus right??? And "book value" is a GUIDELINE for idiots that dont know any better, some cars sell way under book and some sell way over book.

If the OP wants to put his car up for sale for $20k he can, its his car and sometimes you you dont "have" to sell a car, and if you do it has to be worth it to you. Truth be told he may be right, there arent many clean low miles 430's around (not a very common car) and some people are more worried about VALUE vs. PRICE.
Yeah, try telling your claim to a dealer, take your car to them and see what they give you for it probably a quarter or a third of book value, i use to work at an auction so don't tell me cars are worth more than book unless its a car with crazy low miles like Under 10K miles. Prices way over book value according to rules on here is considered Price Goughing so go ahead and list your car for a ridiculous price and get your thread Locked..

Good day..
Old 02-26-10, 08:39 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
$8K for your car is not a bad price considering your mileage, but who gets excellent book for a car close to 150K miles anyways?
lmao are you kidding? if i sold my car for 8k it would have been gone the first week i put it up for sale..

i think 12k for this white GS430 is a pretty fair price, my car has had it's 90k service and has been dealer maintained, it's worth more then 8k. maybe if it was a 300.

also let's continue this on another thread or pm's if you want to talk pricing, i thought it was a **** move for you to come in here and start trash talking in this guys thread..

i've had several posters say my price was fair, and i'm willing to negotiate, i just don't have to give my car away like you would like someone too.

you can talk about dealer trade in all you want, they are gonna screw you everytime, we are talking about realistically what cars sell for, not what a dealer will offer you..
Old 02-26-10, 10:25 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

lmao are you kidding? if i sold my car for 8k it would have been gone the first week i put it up for sale..

i think 12k for this white GS430 is a pretty fair price, my car has had it's 90k service and has been dealer maintained, it's worth more then 8k. maybe if it was a 300.

also let's continue this on another thread or pm's if you want to talk pricing, i thought it was a **** move for you to come in here and start trash talking in this guys thread..

i've had several posters say my price was fair, and i'm willing to negotiate, i just don't have to give my car away like you would like someone too.

you can talk about dealer trade in all you want, they are gonna screw you everytime, we are talking about realistically what cars sell for, not what a dealer will offer you..
Have you sold your car yet, how long has it been on sale? Obvioulsy me and straight6 knows your price is a dreamers price, if your car's mileage is under 100K or right at 100K then yeah, i would buy your car at 10K or even 11K no problem, but 135K miles please.. you're dreaming..
Old 02-27-10, 06:00 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Have you sold your car yet, how long has it been on sale? Obvioulsy me and straight6 knows your price is a dreamers price, if your car's mileage is under 100K or right at 100K then yeah, i would buy your car at 10K or even 11K no problem, but 135K miles please.. you're dreaming..

My car hasn't even been for sale that long lol, I put it on autotrader and my voicemail box is full of messages everyday now, If i wanted to sell it for 9k or less i could have done that several weeks now. You know there isn't a huge market for used GS430's right now people are trying to get more fuel efficient cars, so its no suprise it hasn't sold within a month..

you have no ideal what your talking about, I suppose you hit up people with Supra's to pay them KBB on there car too lol.

Btw i told you on the phone that i wasn't in a hurry to sell mine, so quit acting like it's been up for sale for 6 months now.. I posted it up probably less then 30 days ago.

Quick Reply: TX 2001 Lexus GS430