Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA Vehicle inspection services?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10, 04:23 PM
Roobles
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle inspection services?

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a used IS 350 and I found a great price but the vehicle is located in another state. I've seen ads for vehicle inspection companies that go out and inspect the car for you before you purchase. Has anyone ever done this before, and if so what company did you use? I mainly wanted to see if their results were worthwhile. I've seen ads for some companies (AiM Mobile Inspection, etc.) through google searches. If anyone has any insight on this it would be much appreciated. Thanks,

-Ruben
Old 02-02-10, 01:47 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lemon check is a well known reputable co. I havent used them but have heard they are good.
Old 02-03-10, 08:56 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of people are going to be weary about getting someone to check out a car when they dont know them and the potential buyer is not present. I would have the person take it to a shop and get them to check it out (one of their choice so they are comfortable). The shop should be able to tell you what you want to know. Plus the IS350 is a newer car, why do you want it checked out. As far as im concerned, if it hasnt been wrecked, I wouldnt worry about it too much. Get it, change oil, trans fluids, and see if its time for some plugs and you should be a happy camper.
Old 02-03-10, 09:39 AM
Roobles
Driver School Candidate

Thanks slvrboolet,

I was looking into lemon check and I think that it's just a carfax service that checks to see if the car is designated as a manufacture buyback. I need someone that can check under the hood, exterior for scratches, interior, underneath, and possibly even a test drive.

carfreak: I know the 350's are fairly new but I'm going to be sinking a lot of hard earned money into it so I want to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for
Old 02-03-10, 01:34 PM
Nick T
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Roobles,

Go to the Local Chapters and Regional Forums and post a request in the appropriate region for a member to help you out.

Good Luck
Old 02-03-10, 03:06 PM
Roobles
Driver School Candidate

Cool, thanks Nick T