Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-10, 06:22 PM
stealthj
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**

asking 12.5k?$.
NO TEST DRIVES UNLESS CASH IN HAND

PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE CONTACTING ME...

here it goes...

Uploaded with CLUBLEXUS

and here is a video of it starting up...(after not driving it for two weeks)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQER-KM0TSM

I have for sale a clean titled Lexus SC 400 automatic transmission

just hit 78k original miles

has old school sc tails.

1JZ-GTE twin turbo motor was swapped into the car about 5k miles ago. clean swap. looks stock.
has new timing belt, hoses, huge front mount intercooler, HKS blow off valve...etc...made sure motor was freshened up before it went in. the automatic transmission stayed.(from SC300) if you want an r154, i can maybe find one for you for a few hundred bucks.

TRANSMISSION SUCKS. WONT GO INTO REVERSE. i should have driven that sc300 before i...oh well...

We kept the power steering and A/C, although the a/c needs a recharge

cruise control equipment is there, as well as abs is in there too, but they both need to be hooked up.

car was recently repainted , costs around $3k

car has body kit

starter kill

factory alarm

no stereo

whole car from the trunk to under the front seats floormats, has been dynamatted for a system

electric fan setup

apexi 3 inch exhaust from downpipe to muffler, no cats, resonators (you smog)

supra fuel pump

TACH not hooked up! (although ive seen the DIY's and it doesnt seem hard to get it working ..)

tan leather interior great condition with black dash and steering wheel (2 tone)

forgot to list everything...

if the car was stock, it would be worth around 10 grand private party. bluebook it. around 10 more thousand was dumped into this car, so to me the car is worth around 20k, but obviously i won't get that much for it...

recently someone hit and run the rear left quarter panel... no structural damage or anything, just body...

make me an offer that i can't refuse. trades welcome,
call or text anytime @ 408-569-1269 (i do not answer blocked caller ID's)

\1997 Lexus SC400 77k mi Clean title TWIN TURBO

keywords? supra twin turbo 1jz 2jz 240sx sx nissan 240 300zx zx 300 toyota soarer lexus sc300

trades? not sure, other collector cars maybe, benz, BMW, R33 skyline?
Attached Thumbnails {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**-04052010028.jpg   {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**-04052010025.jpg   {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**-04052010044.jpg   {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**-04052010029.jpg   {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**-04052010041.jpg  

Last edited by stealthj; 06-13-10 at 10:46 AM. Reason: to ADD more pictures.
Old 06-07-10, 08:22 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

A few things worth mentioning...you have pre 97 tails and a pre 97 spoiler. Was this car in an accident, thus the need for a repaint?
Old 06-08-10, 06:04 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Where does a 97 SC400 with half the quarter panel missing and a destroyed transmission book for $10k?

Jonny
Old 06-08-10, 12:49 PM
stealthj
10th Gear

no the accident was after paint and everything, the lights were put in when the car was sanded down & primered. i have recipts and stuff too

i guess disregard the bluebook and just make offer? i dont know how to price this car, i sort of explained what i spent on the car.
Old 06-08-10, 02:32 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

holy crap.. JAWS just took a BITE OUT OF YOUR CAR!!... thats major damage to fix the whole quarter panel you need to cut and weld in a new piece pretty much. Or go widebody.
Old 06-08-10, 03:35 PM
stealthj
10th Gear

yeaaah its pretty much a can opener back there...

800 bucks to repair... 1500 with paint ... i would do it for sure but i can't afford it.

price of course will be adjusted..
Old 06-09-10, 12:34 PM
stealthj
10th Gear

how much do you guys think something liek this is worth? be honest.

clean title. body has under 80K. and tranny issue and no deck... part it out? any ideas... im broke and need money but i dont want to "give away" the car...
Old 06-09-10, 01:12 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stealthj
how much do you guys think something liek this is worth? be honest.

clean title. body has under 80K. and tranny issue and no deck... part it out? any ideas... im broke and need money but i dont want to "give away" the car...
Honestly, and I don't mean this to insult you, but the car isn't worth more than $5-6k MAX. That 1/4 panel work to be done properly is easily $2000 to have it welded and and the paint properly blended. There is a bunch of stuff that needs fixed, tranny needs replaced. Most people will be scared away with a repaint with 92-94 tails... Makes it seem like it was "cheaply" fixed. What kit is on there? Most people would prefer the 97+ body over a 97 with a kit... This will be a tough sell my friend. Very tough...

I wish you the best though.
Jonny
Old 06-09-10, 01:17 PM
stealthj
10th Gear

aw

should i put the 97 tails back on? the tails were swapped, it wasnt because of accident or anything. the car was repainted before the hit n run.
the kit is a vertex knock off...

looks like i might be taking a big loss on this...
Old 06-09-10, 02:08 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

aw

should i put the 97 tails back on? the tails were swapped, it wasnt because of accident or anything. the car was repainted before the hit n run.
the kit is a vertex knock off...

looks like i might be taking a big loss on this...
Yes, definitely put the 97 tails back on. And the 97 body if you have it. It would be better to get "any" tranny in there, or else get your current one rebuilt, than to try to sell it without a working reverse gear. You can find a used stereo for $50 on ebay, buy it and put it in. Get the AC recharged ($50) and get all the small stuff fixed based on the budget you have available. I'd even recommend putting the badges/emblems back on...

It would be best to sell the car with the 1/4 damage being the only issue, than a list of problems half a page long. Look at it this way, for every dollar it will cost someone else to fix one of the problems, it will probably lose you double that amount on sales price...

Again I wish you the best with this as it seems you are in an unfortunate predicament right now

Jonny
Old 06-09-10, 02:19 PM
stealthj
10th Gear

ahh...will try to do as much as I can i guess while the car is for sale... the funds are pretty low right now..close to zero..

..also smog is coming up.. if can't be sold for a good amount I might as well just store it and keep it yeah? swap took like 2yrs to complete... spent a good amount of time/money on the car..
Old 06-09-10, 02:39 PM
stealthj
10th Gear

or part it out? engine is pretty fresh. wheels are good. tires/ doors/hood trunk headlights intercooler the whole interior . etc...
hmm...
Old 06-09-10, 05:23 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

ahh...will try to do as much as I can i guess while the car is for sale... the funds are pretty low right now..close to zero..

..also smog is coming up.. if can't be sold for a good amount I might as well just store it and keep it yeah? swap took like 2yrs to complete... spent a good amount of time/money on the car..
or part it out? engine is pretty fresh. wheels are good. tires/ doors/hood trunk headlights intercooler the whole interior . etc...
hmm...
If you part it out you would be lucky to get $4000 for it... The main parts people would want (97 kit) isn't there... Honestly, I'd sell the 1jz and use that money to try and get the car back to stock.

Also, I'd keep it before I parted it...
Jonny
Old 06-09-10, 10:35 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your in CA im pretty sure you must smog the car before you can sell it also. So with the illegal motor is the car its not gonna smog. Which will also cause you to loose money unless someone has a smog hookup. As DX3 said fix as much as you can, no one is gonna pay even 5-6k for a 1j swapped 400. You can get a non runnin sc for under 1k these days and the swap is about 1200, then little things here and there make for about 3500-4k. Granted your paint is nice from the pics, the mismatched body and body parts seem kind of shady. Make sure that carfax is clean, i would even buy the carfax and maybe post a copy on here to show it truly is a 97 with about 80k on the chassis. GLWS, is i had a couple grand to spend i would personally offer you maybe and this is a big maybe 3k...and thats a big maybe.
Old 06-10-10, 11:20 AM
stealthj
10th Gear

you broke my heart...

like the posting says, buyer smogs (as is)
correct, with the illegal motor the car wont smog, thanks for pointing that out...

broke my heart again...
my paint was 3k alone. i would probably not sell the the 1jz unless someone took the whole wiring and everything with it because the wiring took us like 2 months to complete just on its own, i would need a original obd2 iuz and i certainly dont have the time to swap one in...

i bought this car for 10 thousand dollars in 2006 thats $10,000. ive put less than 10k miles on it since i got it that long ago.

im looking at 95-96-97 SC400's with 150k miles on them going for 8-9-10 thousand

i ran a carfax on the car like a year ago foir fun, the car is what it is. the VIn, pink slip, everything else match, i can't afford 35$ for a carfax but im sure the buyer can.

i dont think when a person comes to look at the car, his main concern will be that the car is "actually a 97" or what not, how the hell can i fake the year of the car through the dmv or what not.

if i smog i have to add 400$ on the price, i dont have any more smog hookups and thats my price also.

other than the can opener on the side, the car is SUPEr clean...

Quick Reply: CA {NOR-CAL**1997 Lexus SC400 low miles 78k TWIN TURBO**MUST SELL**