Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

KY 1999 GS400 Black on Black

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-10, 08:42 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 GS400 Black on Black

Actually open to some trades now....would really like a IS300 and prefer it be mostly stock with a clean title. If you PM me I will check in other than that not on here much. And after almost 14 years of being a mechanic I am getting out of it so again, a mostly stock vehicle is welcome but I am open to others of equal value or a little money plus or minus. Also, here's a photbucket link for more pics.

http://s635.photobucket.com/albums/uu80/wadocrx/gs400/

and the not so great youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHtEWKJSt4U

Hate to do this but the time has come to sell my trustworthy Lexus, not failed me at any given time a sign of the quality of these cars. Looking for $10k and please keep in mind I am not hurting for money so I am patient and can keep this if I really want, have to put this out there since there are some that are rude about pricing and are just plain lowballers. With that said feel free to ask logical questions or make reasonable offers. All trash talking will be swiftly reported.

1999 Lexus GS400
JT8BH68X3X0021455
300 HP, 312 ft. lbs. of torque
169k miles
clean Arizona title and it is in hand

Wheels: XXR 19x9.5" rear with 265/30/19
19x8" front with 235/35/19
tires are pretty much wasted, right side for sure, left are getting there, I drove too long before redoing the suspension and getting it aligned( as of 8-1-10 I bought some good used 19's that go with this car, need mounted)
I do have a set of stock 2003 LS430 17" wheels painted black that come with this if wanted, tires are near done too
Full size GS 16" spare with 95% tread
Suspension: K-Sports coilovers with about 5k on them, 4k of that is highway miles(I knew the owner so no reciept, it wa on the side purchase)
Daizen front upper and lower polyurethane control arm bushings and caster, installed about 5k ago also
Daizen steering rack bushings
TRD front upper strut bar cleaned up and painted black
Toms racing rear lower arm braces straight out of Japan
Intrax front and rear sway bars
New outer tie rod ends about 5k ago also
Engine stuff: Rod Millen Motorsports cold air intake with a custom heat shield
rear mufflers removed and striaght piped with 15" slant cut tips, sounds very nice
As for engine mods that's it, the engine has been very well maintained as I have been a mechanic for over 13 years. Timing belt,water pump, and tensioner done December 2008 as well as new spark plugs. All Toyota parts used as well as Toyota coolant
New TPS sensor around 6-7 months ago
Throttle body cleaned recently
A/C serviced last summer and still blows very cold
replaced both power steering vent lines that were seeping about 5k ago
removed the trans pan and resealed due to it seeping so it got serviced also with Toyota fluid(the only leak this car has ever had)
Replaced both catalytic convertors within 6-7 months at a cost of $450
Rear differential serviced January 2008
Brakes: Front and Rear cross drilled/slotted rotors that have never been turned yet(yes you can turn them)
Ceramic pads front and rear and
Stainless steel brake lines front and rear
stops very good for a 2 ton car
Also have a brand new set of front brake pads that go with it too
Stereo: Eclipse double din AVN52d that is about a year old, bought new with Ipod adapter. It does DVD, Nav, Ipod, cd, MP3, works great
Alpine 1/2 din EQ mounted below Eclipse where ashtray used to be, great for on the fly tuning(hate to part with it really)
Clarion 6.5" seperates in the front door about 3 months old
Clarion 5.25" seperates in the rear door also 3 months old
DEI 6 channel amp that runs the whole system, mouonted upside down to the rear deck
near new Optima battery with receipt, maybe 6 months old
2 JL Audio 12W3-V2 dual 4 ohm coils in a Scosche box and a custom front plate to hide it all and make it look nice
Also a 52 count SMD strip that lights up the trunk/subs when you open the trunk
Interior: All stock and in decent shape for 11 years old. Some wear and tear bbut no major damage at all to the leather seats or panels.
The steering wheel is the worst of it with it being bad at the top, this is form the previous sweaty handed owner, not me
windows are all tinted 5% and less than a year ago
windshield (completely tinted) and sunroof have 50% high dollar 3M tint to keep the lovely AZ heat out, you'll do what you can
with a black on black car in Arizona! lol
And ALL the interior features work, I have replaced 3 of 4 door lock actuators over the past 3 years totalling $500
Also just bought one new key at $165 4 months ago so there is two keys with remotes and one normal key, all work
I also changed the rearview mirror to the compass one also a couple years ago
Exterior: It has factory HID's that work great, bulbs are fairly new and I replaced one ballast less than a year ago.
3 months ago headlamps were removed and taken apart, silver part painted black, reassembled/resealed/work great/no leaks
I installed HID's in the fogs also with 3k bulbs that glow yellow
smoked front signal lenses
center tail lamps were replaced since my old ones were glowing pink like so many others
tail lamps have tint on them to go with the black theme as well as a tinted license plate lamp
SMD bulbs for license plate and in the front headlamps for park lamps
The exterior has seen better days sadly, I am a mechanic, not a body man.
The RF fender is chewed up from an old set of my wheels hitting it while going up a curb, doesn't do this anymore.
The front bumper took some abuse on the drive to Kentucky a few months ago so lots of small rock chips
The car came with a wing on the trunk but I bought a trunk that was wingless, parcel shelf, and the third brake lamp
I insulated under theparcel shelf and all the way down the back seat to the floor while it was all out
there are two small dents in the trunk, there when I bought it and various other small dents on the car. LF door handle has
two cracks in it but it still works fine, I also have the trunk that was on the car that I shaved the center tail lamps on and
started to bondo but haven't finished yet that can go with the car if wanted

All in all this is a great car with a lot of new parts on it. As it stands the car needs tires, alignment, and some body work if you want to do body work. I had the car in Arizona for over 3 years and it was in FLorida before that so there is no rust on it at all. I am moving again to NW Indiana and am tired of dragging this car around and honestly am outgrowing it, just going to drive my truck for now. I did have this aligned after I did all the suspension but the midwest roads are not nice like in Arizona so this is the reason for the tires going bad on the right first. I have sold many cars and in no way try and do anyone wrong at any time. Just sold a 300HP crx I built for 2 years on ebay and the guy was very happy, and he wasn't a kid but a 52 year old man. See wadocrx on youtube for proof of said car. If I have forgot anything good or bad I will update it as I think of it.
Feel free to call me at 602-791-3721 any time before 9 p.m. eastern time. Calling is best as I don't get on Club Lexus much these days, busy moving all over the damn place and working. All maintenance is up to date also and I have a stack of reciepts that come with this car as well as the factory owners manual, and the boxes for the Eclipse head unit.

old pic, sorry. shows my old wheels and old Toms Racing coilovers

Last edited by 99Aristo; 08-15-10 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-05-10, 09:02 AM
RICHYRICH
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good glws!
Old 07-05-10, 10:53 AM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Thanks man...appreciate the compliment
Old 07-06-10, 12:20 AM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

What did you do to your door inserts and center console?
Old 07-07-10, 04:21 AM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Oh, I just rmeoved them, primed them and painted them black since I dislike wood...apparently going for the all black theme. lol
Old 07-08-10, 05:20 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

or decent offer.....
Old 07-09-10, 08:44 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

trade for a IS300 with a manual?
Old 07-10-10, 10:30 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

ho hum......

Last edited by 99Aristo; 07-13-10 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-13-10, 05:33 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

on ebay now....woot!
Old 07-29-10, 06:57 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

I guess the economy is bad, no ones buying decent cars lol
Old 07-29-10, 07:02 PM
RGW LLC
Former Sponsor

will you take $2500 for it? included s/h to NY too......

haha just j/k...nice car tho....nice painted wood trims....we just did a set for a customer here.....black with clear....
Old 07-30-10, 12:41 AM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

Still available? And do you have all your stock exhaust? And are those wheels in the pic the wheels your selling with the car?
Thanks cory
Old 07-30-10, 12:41 AM
gs300cky
Lead Lap

Still available? And do you have all your stock exhaust? And are those wheels in the pic the wheels your selling with the car?
Thanks cory
Old 07-30-10, 07:28 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your GS looks good, GLWS.
Old 07-30-10, 07:37 AM
blackANESE
Pole Position

What's up Wade, it's Morgan from Phoenix with the white GS. Good luck on the sale. I'm possibly selling mine too.

Quick Reply: KY 1999 GS400 Black on Black