Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

AZ What to do with my GS400???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-11, 04:52 PM
SRV1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kelly400
Besides... with a limited slip TRD differential this would be FUN to drive in the snow...
HELL NO!! THAT CAR WOULD NOT HAVE A SNOWFLAKE TOUCH IT!

James
Old 01-16-11, 05:30 PM
02msmg3
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

PM sent!!!!!!
Old 01-16-11, 07:51 PM
BPA
Driver School Candidate

I am still interested. PM sent.
Old 01-17-11, 03:15 PM
dragonv
Rookie

PMed you back.
Old 01-18-11, 12:25 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much or did i miss that somewhere?
Old 01-18-11, 01:29 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Default gs400

Yes you did it is at the start of the 4th paragraph of the first post
Old 01-18-11, 07:29 PM
96zenki
Driver

if you are interested in parting with the trd lsd let me know. i have cash for it.
Old 01-18-11, 09:08 PM
kelly400
Driver

Well... I have accepted a deposit from our Club Lexus Brother adesai8 on the car. I really want to thank everyone for their interest and all of the great conversations as well. I think that by purchasing this car on CL from a member and "returning it to the pond" I have really met some great people and had some great experiences. I have my BMW, but after researching the forums I can honestly say that I have been lucky to follow this forum for many years, even though it took me a few to join, and none of them has anything on CL.

I know a few of you wanted to buy this car, and I apologize but I only have one and didn't want to start a bidding war between you because for me it was never about the price. The buyer was always getting a great deal on a car that has many years left to enjoy. It's headed up to Illinois and hopefully will have a happy owner there.

Mods... Please leave the post open until shipped... Farewell pics to follow!

Thank you all,

Kevin
Old 01-22-11, 10:39 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by kelly400
Well... I have accepted a deposit from our Club Lexus Brother adesai8 on the car. I really want to thank everyone for their interest and all of the great conversations as well. I think that by purchasing this car on CL from a member and "returning it to the pond" I have really met some great people and had some great experiences. I have my BMW, but after researching the forums I can honestly say that I have been lucky to follow this forum for many years, even though it took me a few to join, and none of them has anything on CL.

I know a few of you wanted to buy this car, and I apologize but I only have one and didn't want to start a bidding war between you because for me it was never about the price. The buyer was always getting a great deal on a car that has many years left to enjoy. It's headed up to Illinois and hopefully will have a happy owner there.

Mods... Please leave the post open until shipped... Farewell pics to follow!

Thank you all,

Kevin
Kevin,
With all the respect to your sales thread, I don't understand what happened here..? First you listed your car and my friend who lives in your next State (NM) has Pm'ed you 3 times and he says you didn't even respond and now its Sold.. Doesn't make much sense because I believe he was one of the first to PM you, how could you have sold it unless you took this deposit before you went to California.. I say you haven't been forth coming towards the members on here who have waited on you and the car is sold all of a sudden with no response to the people that have been waiting for you..

I'm not trying to jump on you, but it seems you don't care about anyone on here as you stated..

Edit: if you want to get technical, my friend "BPA" and two other members Pm'ed you before "adesai8", and his pm'ed was answered and not the other three (makes me think there is favoritism here and not first come)

Don

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 01-22-11 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-22-11, 11:15 AM
02msmg3
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I understand that people may be a little bit "hurt" because they did not get to purchase the car (as I was lol) but kevin has communicated with me and has answered all my questions and Ive even spoken on the phone with him 2 or 3 times. I dont know him personally so I dont feel there is any "favortism" going on. I was ready to buy his car but someone else beat me to it.... its just the way it goes sometimes. Maybe your friend was trying to lowball? I dont know his situation, but im just saying maybe theres more to it than what you have been told because kevin has been very upfront and honest with me!! As he told me on the phone.....he only had one gs400 for sale and a bunch of people that were interested in buying it. So either way, someone/a few people were going to be upset because it wasnt them!! Congrats Kevin, and you did an awesome thing by selling it back to someone on the site at such a great price

Last edited by 02msmg3; 01-22-11 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-22-11, 01:31 PM
huey1
Driver School Candidate

I too wanted to buy Kevin's GS, but did not move fast enough. Kevin was on the spot returning my PM's. I just dragged my feet to long trying to figure out logistics on my side. Thanks for all the information about your GS Kevin and good luck to new owner, that is one clean nice GS 400!
Old 01-22-11, 03:47 PM
entryspeed
Lead Lap

Just looking at the posts in the first page of replies BPA does enter a reply first saying PM me (hours before adesai8). I know how bad it sucks to see a car get bought out from under you. I wouldn't think that would happen here and hope it didn't. Either way this is one very nice GS.
Old 01-22-11, 07:03 PM
kelly400
Driver

Although I really don't feel that the post above even warrants a response given how off it is, I thought I would share a few facts.

1.) This post was originally, as it is titled, a question submitted to the forum requesting feedback on if I should sell it or part it. I received several inquiries and a few numbers were thrown out. The last response was 12/27 and then I went to deal with two family deaths in CA.

2.) Upon returning I decided to actually sell it, and updated the post with an asking price and all of the details that were requested by people. It had been a few weeks, but every one of the PM's I had in my inbox at that time were responded to to let them know it was for sale.

3.) I had offers on the first day of the post, but as several people can attest to, I said to everyone I would accept an offer and deposit on Monday evening at the earliest to make sure it was seen.

4.) Your friend BPA has to this date sent me exactly ONE PM on Sunday evening and it said, "I am interested in your 99 GS for sale, where are you in AZ, I am in NM." For all of you who are not used to sales, the seller posts a price and the buyer makes an offer. Being interested does not put your hat in the ring.

5.) I have one car, 1 buyer, and 4 backup offers from people who actually made an offer with an amount to buy it... In this scenario I will always be forced to make someone upset. I feel the worst for 02msmg3 because he literally missed it by an hour.

Guys... the fact that this forum is so active and so popular is what makes it great, but sometimes it can get a little bit wierd when people start taking things personally. It's a car, it had a price, and the first solid non-refundable deposit with the right price got it.

That is called capitalism... Not favoritism.

Last edited by kelly400; 01-22-11 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-22-11, 07:04 PM
kelly400
Driver

MODS... Vehicle is SOLD ... Please close this thread. Shipping pics will be sent directly to the buyer.
Old 01-22-11, 07:24 PM
GS Trilogy
Driver

Well said Kevin.....I too received ur email and wish I could of purchase ur GS to show it off at Wekfest. BTW, enjoy ur 750