Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

KS '09 Lexus IS-F Starfire Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 04:22 AM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDW91
I'm bet you could go to the dealer and they will give you at least 45K for it outright..
That's what I was kind of thinking. But I'm too lazy to return it all back to stock configuration. Plus 100 degrees doesn't make you want to do jack squat in the garage. Have a 12,000 btu portable air conditioner and it doesn't put a dent in the temperature even w/ an insulated garage. If I still have this in a couple months, I might just go that route. Was hoping I won't have to if I list it for this price. Somebody same me the trouble!!!!! I really don't want to deal with having to part the car out. I have people waiting for the parts like vultures, but would rather sell as is.
Old 08-09-11, 12:47 PM
NERD42
Driver

yes we are all waiting.....
if the money is right to start parting it out, why not make some of that back?
in the mean time we will wait, good luck selling.
Old 08-10-11, 02:38 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

argh trust me if i was not moving for school this year id would have bought this already! everytime i see this thread it makes me wish i skipped a year of school so i could afford this
Old 08-10-11, 04:18 AM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
argh trust me if i was not moving for school this year id would have bought this already! everytime i see this thread it makes me wish i skipped a year of school so i could afford this
You're making the right decision man. It'll pay off in the end. There's always something better coming out. Work hard now, play hard later.
Old 08-10-11, 11:13 AM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Ok, what part of "not a penny less" and "firm" don't some of you understand? Offering me some insanely low price is a waste of both of ours time. You're going to get ignored. I'm LAZY, not a CRACKHEAD. I've already received a quote from a dealership on the price and it's right on par with my $45k price. The thing is I have to strip the car which I don't feel like doing right now because it's hot out. If the car doesn't sell in a couple months it's going to a dealer.

And there's no need to add the word "cash" to your offer either. I don't take food stamps.

So to sum it up, if you assume I'm selling the car because I'm hard up for cash, you're in the wrong thread.

Don't mean to sound like an @$$, just want to make sure some people understand.
Old 08-10-11, 05:23 PM
magneti
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pootie
Ok, what part of "not a penny less" and "firm" don't some of you understand? Offering me some insanely low price is a waste of both of ours time. You're going to get ignored. I'm LAZY, not a CRACKHEAD. I've already received a quote from a dealership on the price and it's right on par with my $45k price. The thing is I have to strip the car which I don't feel like doing right now because it's hot out. If the car doesn't sell in a couple months it's going to a dealer.

And there's no need to add the word "cash" to your offer either. I don't take food stamps.

So to sum it up, if you assume I'm selling the car because I'm hard up for cash, you're in the wrong thread.

Don't mean to sound like an @$$, just want to make sure some people understand.

why say not a penny less then say make a reasonable offer? its contradicting.

of course if you've ever sold anything in your life online you know people will throw out crazy offers. its part of the process.

rude sellers almost never get what they ask because its not good business.

if you werent prepared to handle the nonsense that comes with selling something, you should have just gone to the dealer. you cannot control what people will offer no matter how insulting you may find it.
Old 08-10-11, 05:34 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by magneti
why say not a penny less then say make a reasonable offer? its contradicting.

of course if you've ever sold anything in your life online you know people will throw out crazy offers. its part of the process.

rude sellers almost never get what they ask because its not good business.

if you werent prepared to handle the nonsense that comes with selling something, you should have just gone to the dealer. you cannot control what people will offer no matter how insulting you may find it.
It's nice that you went through the whole thing to find a contradiction. I put the reasonable offer statement up when the price was higher, expecting low *****. I even welcomed low ballers. If you think I'm mad, I'm not. There's no point in getting mad over a low ball. I just laugh at it.

I know the earlier post came across harsh which is why I even added "don't mean to sound like an @$$". Was just trying to throw it out there that if you're going to offer anything less it's pointless. And on top of that I even stated why it's not going to the dealer yet.

You're more than welcome to pick this post apart too if you like. I'll tell you ahead of time, thanks for the free bump.
Old 08-13-11, 10:49 AM
matt310
Rookie

Depending on the offers you're getting from local dealers and the amount of free time you have, you might benefit from calling some larger-city dealers to see if they're interested. The US is still in an inventory-supply shortage situation with certain Toyota and Lexus vehicles due to the events earlier this year in Japan. The big thing working against you is your mods since many dealerships still see that as a negative mark instead of positive. From their end, it may be harder or impossible to CPO a vehicle with mods - and since CPO is an easy $4-5K for them to make, they'll hold out for a vehicle where they can easily do that.

I just sold my 2009 IS-F to a dealership in SoCal for more than your asking price, and mine was completely stock and had double the miles. So it seems location is definitely a factor, and calling around can't hurt, right?
Old 08-25-11, 08:47 AM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Currently, the plan is to strip the car labor day weekend, if the weather is cool enough.

Someone come buy this thing so I don't have to go through all that trouble.
Old 09-06-11, 08:41 AM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Car is sold. Mods, please lock thread. It's been fun, bye Lexus world!
Old 09-06-11, 11:42 AM
09ISFMike
Driver School Candidate

Default Mine

Originally Posted by pootie
Car is sold. Mods, please lock thread. It's been fun, bye Lexus world!
Thanks Pootie for an amazing car, cant believe no one bought it prior to me. unbelievable 7600 miles and not a mark on her and now its all MINE,...

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
Old 09-29-11, 01:53 PM
09ISFMike
Driver School Candidate

Default Still loving this F'N Fast F

Originally Posted by 09ISFMike
Thanks Pootie for an amazing car, cant believe no one bought it prior to me. unbelievable 7600 miles and not a mark on her and now its all MINE,...

Old 03-13-12, 12:11 PM
Straightik
Rookie

Originally Posted by 09ISFMike

I've lived in Wichita for 3 years and this car always made me into a looky loo when it drove by. Glad to see it's glory continues and moved out of the Tornado/Hail belt. It inspired me to buy my IS-F that I just picked up a few weeks ago. If I wasn't deployed when this was for sale, it might of been sitting in my driveway

Nice work Mike!
Old 03-15-12, 08:09 PM
ray316
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** this car was in Wichita?