Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA 1997 SC400 153K DWP Loaded

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-11 | 06:05 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 SC400 153K DWP Loaded

Hey everyone, my mom is buying a new Camaro SS and giving me a steal on her BMW 330Ci, so I have to let the Lexus go, and I'm honestly not sure I'm making the right move, but the bimmer is 5 years newer with 60K less miles on it.... So, here goes.. I have an immaculate 1997 DWP SC400, Tan interior (no rips, only one wear mark on drivers bolster but not ripped) otherwise the interior is IMMACULATE, no split door trim, no wear on the steering wheel, I even have rubber floor mats for winter. Other than that it has chrome factory rims (some bubbling of chrome, only noticable from a distance).... Nakamichi, heated seats, traction control. I have 5K HID, 3K HID fog's, those two things and the aux input are the only modifications to the car. I have receipts for newer brakes all around, window tint, front tires (yokahama, all matching) power steering pump, trans fluid service, rear diff service recently. I will smog. Car runs perfect, shifts perfect, could use a new drivers lower control arm bushing, other than that, it's the cleanest you'll find, headlamps haven't been restored and they are still perfect as it gets garaged at home and parked in the shade at work. I condition the leather regularly, clay bar and 3-step wax regularly. Car does have a few knicks and dings, but it is 14 years old.... I still maintain that you won't find a cleaner, original one around. A/C, Heat, etc work beautifully. EDIT *Power steering rack seal went today, $800 to replace quoted from North Stockton Auto service with rebuilt unit and new rack bushings, don't want to deal with it, does not leak just no power steering, still drivable, take it off my hands for $4000 FIRM*

Last edited by scottys209; 12-07-11 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Price Drop
Old 12-06-11 | 07:57 PM
lexscfour
Driver School Candidate

how's the paint / any dents
Old 12-06-11 | 08:08 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexscfour
how's the paint / any dents
It's really hard to take pics of DWP shine, especially with the my iPhone.... Paint is excellent, it gets a wax every month, clay bar every 3. It's extremely shiny, no dullness or fading. It does have a few dings, I wouldn't call them dents, I've had them quoted to be removed by a paintless dent removal (as there isn't any paint damage on them) and they said they could take all of them out easily for about $200.... I have a picture of the trunklid to try and show the shine, heres a couple more pics... Also, I think I the price may be a little high, maybe start at $6300 obo.

Old 12-06-11 | 11:20 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Damn.. Wish you were closer.. GLWS
Old 12-07-11 | 10:32 AM
scottys209
Pole Position

Massive price drop due to power steering rack seal going this morning, doesn't leak just no power steering, first problem I've had with the car is when I'm thinking about getting rid of it is a sign for me. I have the quote to have it repaired for $800 in my hands from North Stockton Auto Service, so you know what you're getting into... Car still drives perfect just with no P/S. $4000 FIRM because I don't have the money to fix it.
Old 12-08-11 | 06:42 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Willing to entertain offers.
Old 12-10-11 | 12:01 AM
Intrazel
Driver School Candidate

Where is the car located ?
Im in San Diego.
Old 12-10-11 | 02:32 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

He's in NorCal. Someone steal this from him!
Old 12-10-11 | 10:17 AM
scottys209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Intrazel
Where is the car located ?
Im in San Diego.
Replied to your PM....San Diego would be an easy drive back, I-5 all the way pretty much. Car is not hard to steer on the freeway, just rough parking without the power steering, you could drive it back no problem.. If you're handy, and have the tools I hear this is not a hard job to do, unfortunately I have to be out of my rental by the 23rd, so trying to pack everything, work, and having very limited tools I'm going to look at it today and see if I can do this job myself. If so, and I complete it then obviously the price will go back up, if you're interested in picking it up for a steal (obviously I have a bottom-line number that I won't go below) then let me know so I don't bust up my knuckles for nothing. Honestly with everything going on in my life right now I'd rather not have to do it and just take the loss.... Heck, I may not have a place to live in a week besides the back of my ford focus (aka dog mobile.)
Old 12-12-11 | 03:31 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Bump, $3700 takes it home, pink in hand.
Old 12-12-11 | 11:16 PM
Intrazel
Driver School Candidate

Sounds Good. Trying to raise the cash now, Christmas is messing with my cash flow.
Old 12-13-11 | 01:16 AM
miraluna
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GLWS, the price is too good to be true...
Old 12-13-11 | 10:27 AM
scottys209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by miraluna
GLWS, the price is too good to be true...
Guarantee you it's not.... Ask /209JOHN\ member on here, he's seen the car, he can confirm how clean it is. If he doesn't remember I will drive it over to his shop again so he can take a look and confirm the immacualte condition sans the power steering. I owe my stepdad $3700 on a personal loan, want to be out from underneith that whole situation now, I don't know when I'll have the extra money to fix it, and I'm making monthly payments to him..... The pink IS IN MY NAME with no liens, it's a completely personal loan so no worries on that front.
Old 12-14-11 | 06:35 PM
scottys209
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scottys209
Guarantee you it's not.... Ask /209JOHN\ member on here, he's seen the car, he can confirm how clean it is. If he doesn't remember I will drive it over to his shop again so he can take a look and confirm the immacualte condition sans the power steering. I owe my stepdad $3700 on a personal loan, want to be out from underneith that whole situation now, I don't know when I'll have the extra money to fix it, and I'm making monthly payments to him..... The pink IS IN MY NAME with no liens, it's a completely personal loan so no worries on that front.
Took it to /209JOHN\ today for a vouch, just interior / exterior condition (please don't ask him about the mechanical condition, he owns a shop and I didn't have him run diagnostics on the car, nor did he drive it, so asking him about the mechanical condition would not be appropriate unless you are willing to pay him to have it inspected) I just asked for a vouch on the interior / exterior condition.... As stated, a few nicks and dings but paint is shiny and clean, as is the interior, feel free to ask him only if you are interested... Don't waste his time if you aren't.... May consider $3500, but really that's where I begin to start being upside down on what I owe, and that's the floor on what I can take for it.
Old 12-14-11 | 06:43 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, glws and enjoy the e46

Last edited by mak89; 12-14-11 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: CA 1997 SC400 153K DWP Loaded