Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA for sale: socal - 1993 Lexus SC300 2jzgte twinturbo 5 speed manual black

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-11, 09:55 PM
Team Lexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for sale: socal - 1993 Lexus SC300 2jzgte twinturbo 5 speed manual black

CAR IS SOLD!

here are the details:

1993 Lexus SC300
5 speed manual w58 transmission (original Lexus 5 speed - not a swap)
black with tan leather
approximately 200k on chassis and only 10k on rebuilt 2JZGTE motor
stock 2JZGTE engine swap with mostly USDM supra twinturbo parts (NOT A CHEAPER JDM ARISTO SWAP)
BPU setup making a around 400 rwhp.
True 3 inch dual stainless steel catback exhaust
spectre intake
mishimoto upgraded aluminum radiator
front mount intercooler w/ hardpipes
brand new 97-98 toyota supra encapsulated motor mounts
stock supra NA 16 inch wheels & tires
Defi boost gauge
Innovate wideband gauge kit
dual pillar pod mount
Greddy BCC boost cut controller
ACT 6 puck clutch
3 inch stainless steel downpipe
new supra turbo fuel pump- about 5k miles
upgraded tail lights
dual speed electric fan
running on USDM spec Toyota Supra TT 6 speed engine harness, USDM ECU, USDM maf ,and USDM 550cc injectors, USDM twin turbos
converted to true parallel twin turbo. all sequential stuff was removed for smoother power delivery & reliability
all vin #'s in place. clean CA title in hand

everything works except the AC & heater. Fans still work.
The sunroof, power steering, radio, power seats, etc... all are in good working order as well.
However, the cd changer does not work and the ac temp controls don't light up at night which is pretty common in any SC out there.

it's a pretty basic 2jzgte swap in a clean sc300 chassis. power output currently at approximately 400 to the wheels.

The car is fast and makes good power. It will spin 275 wide tires all day in 1st and 2nd gear. The wideband shows 14.7 at cruising all day long and it gets soild gas mileage. Anyone that has come to look at the car can testify to this.

However, there are a few issues.
cracked windshield & cracked sunroof glass - neither leak
AC & heater do not work - AC system has a leak. Judging from the hissing sound I heard, it appears a seal let go. Any AC repair shop can fix this by patching the leak and refilling the freon. The heater will work if you hook up the heater hoses. I left the heater hoses off because of the tight fit against the firewall due to the stock twinturbos.
the front driver seat has a minor tear
paint has several chips & scratches. However, for 20 yr old original paint it is in good shape overall because the car was always garaged. The main issue is the rear spoiler has a bit of peeling on the clear coat since this was not oem paint as it was added later.
leaks some oil, looks like it is coming from the pan but not 100% sure. It is not a huge leak, but I want to make sure the buyer is aware of every detail.
rear tires are worn and should be replaced
the fuel pump hanger gasket needs to be replaced. I can smell gas fumes ever since I installed the supra pump.

due to the current issues & low ballers, I have removed some of the upgrades and reduced my original asking price.

NEW PRICE:
$6800

I can not stress this enough...
LOW BALL OFFERS WILL BE IGNORED.

I may consider removing other parts to lower the price, but at this time I would like to sell the car as is.

IT IS PRICED TO MOVE.
If you cant afford $7k, please do not waste my time calling me.

You'll be hard pressed to find a 2JZGTE powered car this fast & clean at this price. Most SC's I've seen these days are total crap. Sure you could find a 5 speed sc for $4k swap in a GTE for a few grand, but you will not have one as clean as mine with a practically brand new motor and a few nice upgrades.

My car has been very well cared for it's entire life. It needs a few things to be perfect, but the price reflects that.

email tiraceteam@turboimport.com or call 714-930-6404 if you're interested.
NO PM'S & NO TEXTS

The car is in Fullerton, CA and I'm available most of the time to show it at my shop during the day.

here are a couple of pics to start. I'll snap a bunch more if anyone is interested.

thanks

Al

-

pics:

interior pics:
note: innovate wideband gauge is now installed in the lower pod

all vin stickers

Last edited by Team Lexus; 08-15-12 at 10:25 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-24-11, 03:16 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

very fair price, if it wasn't almost 3,000 miles away i'd definetly be interested. goodluck with sale though, looks like it was done right.
Old 12-24-11, 10:02 AM
teezlr
Rookie

Great job on the car, simple and clean. Just how it should be. Would you consider partial trade for a mk3 supra turbo 5 spd and a honda civic hatchback (stock and clean)? Plus cash? Haha, I know its a long shot but this is a clean car. Gotta ask! GLWS
Old 12-24-11, 02:20 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very clean setup, glws
Old 12-24-11, 03:41 PM
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver

NICE! wish i could pick this up from you Al....... bump for a great seller. glws
Old 12-24-11, 08:24 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful car!!
Old 12-25-11, 03:04 PM
teezlr
Rookie

Does it still have the factory differential? Do these cars come with factory LSD?
Old 12-25-11, 09:18 PM
michaelb20
Rookie

damn if only i had that kinda cash laying around
Old 12-26-11, 02:52 AM
Member1115
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pics of interior? Cluster needles, HVAC, leather seating, etc. Thanks!
Old 12-26-11, 12:47 PM
Team Lexus
Rookie

Thanks for the compliments. I built the car as a simple sleeper type build that would be a reliable long term street car. It's a great foundation to start building upon so hopefully whoever the new owner is will give it the love and attention it deserves.

I updated the first post with new pics and threw out some options to bring down the price a little. I realize it's difficult to finance a SC so I'm trying to work with you guys to get someone into this car at the lowest price possible. Also, the registration is paid for until NOV 2012 so that will save on the purchase as well.

Any other questions, just let me know.

thanks
Old 12-26-11, 10:08 PM
n/aisweak
Driver School Candidate

Three things, 1. Why the "f" is this so far away? 2. Why is this for sale now as I am headed to afghanistan? 3. Was this car an original manual?
Old 12-27-11, 07:51 AM
ISNINE
Driver

You're right that is one clean SC! GLWS
Old 12-27-11, 03:02 PM
civicekzee
Driver

Sell me those cams!!! Pm me if you do. Lol
Old 12-28-11, 02:45 AM
12ichard
Rookie

Very interested and I am local. Email sent with a few questions. Please get back to me! Thanks
Old 12-28-11, 11:17 AM
Team Lexus
Rookie

ok guys, I'm getting so many tire kickers now that that are e-mailing or PM'ing me that it is really getting confusing as to who is who.

If you are SERIOUS. I mean really have the cash now and looking to buy this car, then CALL ME.

If you are dreaming or don't have funds ready to go now, please do not waste my time. I appreciate all the compliments, but I don't have time to respond to all the tire kickers. Someone just asked me if they could make payments. REALLY??? c'mon people...

I priced my car cheap to avoid this kind of nonsense. I believe I got around to answering most messages but if I missed you and you a SERIOUS buyer, feel free to give me a call.

thanks

Quick Reply: CA for sale: socal - 1993 Lexus SC300 2jzgte twinturbo 5 speed manual black