Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX FS: 1998 Lexus GS400 w/ Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-12, 03:24 PM
BennyJ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1998 Lexus GS400 w/ Mods

Contact information
832-304-0440

Year

Make and model
Lexus GS400

VIN
JT8BH68X1W0001610

Mileage
177,XXX

Transmission type
Automatic

Title status
Clean/Clear- In hand

Asking price
$8200 OBO

Modifications
Yes

-----------------------------------------------------
Finally time to sell my Lexus. Ive got a family now and need the extra space and ground clearance! I'm NOT looking for ANY trades whatsoever, so please don't bother offering, i will only ignore you. I have had this car since June 2010 and have babied it since i got my hands on it. I religiously change the oil on it and try to keep it as clean as possible. Naturally with a 13 year old car, it isn't perfect. I will do my best to be up front and let the buyer know everything i can about the car, good and bad.

Here is a list of parts that have all been replaced in the past year.

- Both left and right (front) lower control arms
- Both left and right (front) tie rods
- Both left and right lower ball joints
- Hood lift shocks
- Alternator
- Front/rear brake pads and rotors

That is all i can remember for the time being, if i remember something else i will edit and add. I have service records on the car all the way from new up to 2008, so basically 10 years worth of service records, the car was always kept up with and it shows for its age.

Here is a run down of the details on the car.

-1998 Lexus GS400
-4.0L V8
-Automatic transmission with E-Shift ( up/down shift buttons on the steering wheel
-Currently has 177,XXX miles and climbing until i sell it, i commute with it about 60 miles a day back and fourth to work.
-Black exterior w/ Tan leather interior
-Sunroof
-Power windows / locks
-Power driver / passenger seats
-Power adjustable steering wheel
-Heated seats (they get toasty fast!)
-Traction control on/off
-Nakamichi OEM sound system with stock sub w/ 6-disc cd changer in glovebox
-Memory seats w/ 2 presets
-OEM Auto-leveling HID headlights
-OEM Yellow fog lights
-Automatic headlamps
-Auto-dimmer rear view mirror
-Keyless entry pager alarm- compustar

Here is a list of mods that are on the car currently...

-Tein CS (comfort spec) adjustable coilovers
-19x8F 19x9R Rays Aurthur Exchange Style LK wheels chrome face, polished lips w/ gold rivets (pretty rare wheel)
-225/35R19 front, 245/35R19 rear tires
-15mm ichiba V2 spacers up front, 20mm ichibia V2 spacers out back
-Drilled/Slotted front and rear Brake rotors
-No name window visors
-LED outer/inner tail lights
-K&N FIPK air intake (short ram)
-Borla custom exhaust w/ Magnaflow tips
-Factory tinted windows
-Replica TTE front lip (lip was broken, is being repaired so not on the car right now)
-VLED led backup license plate frame (super bright!)
-Smoked front side markers

That is all i can think of at the moment, will update if need be.

When i bought the car it already had Tein CS coilovers installed on it. Im not sure how many miles are on them, but they seem to ride fine for me, personally if i was to keep it i would probably have someone more knowledgeable check them to make sure they dont need to be rebuilt. The car is showing a check engine light right now, due to needing to change the charcoal canister, its an emissions thing, the light comes and goes sporadically, so it never bothered me. The paint has some stain spots on it, and the the front end has a nice amount of small rock chips here and there, normal for a car this old and with this many miles. I do my best to keep it clean and try not to scratch or ding it up. The front passenger seat does have a small rip in it, not really noticeable unless you push on it. The wheels aren't bent but do need refinishing. The chrome has a few chips here and there and the lips need serious polishing. They were imported from japan and probably sat around for a while since they have been out of production for a long time.

Everything works on the car and it runs and drives perfect. I use it every day to go anywhere i need to. I try not to drive it in heavy rain. I don't have any really recent pictures of the car, but not much has changed from the pictures im going to post, with the exception that the front lip isn't on it right now. Currently one of the front tires needs to be replaced. I bought them used and one was feathered pretty bad and i didn't notice until it was mounted. I will take care of putting a new front tire and probably getting an alignment done on it for the buyer.

I am asking $8200 OBO CASH for the car as it sits, with me putting a new tire, getting alignment and probably replacing the front brake pads. I am NOT accepting ANY type of trades at all, so don't bother. I will NOT part anything out at all, so don't ask. NO PAYMENTS, CASH UP FRONT.

No tire kickers, no test drives unless you are a serious buyer. I am very busy these days and don't have time to waste. As a precaution, i am a CHL holder so anyone thinking they can get a free car will be seriously mistaken. (ive had someone attempt to jack me before on a test drive, fyi)

If you are interested you can call or text me at 832-304-0440 or PM me here. Located in Houston, TX.

Here are some pictures of the car......

i will get more updated pictures of the car ASAP. These pix don't show the new rotors on it.
Old 02-07-12, 09:40 AM
BennyJ
Driver

Here are some updated pictures i took yesterday after a quick wash.....

Old 02-07-12, 10:29 AM
98LexGs
Driver School Candidate

she is clean! GL with sale
Old 02-11-12, 08:19 PM
BennyJ
Driver

Sold cheap for $6000! Lock it up please!
Old 02-11-12, 08:35 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

why so cheap?
Old 02-11-12, 08:52 PM
BennyJ
Driver

Bought a new Tahoe and needed the cash quick.