Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FL FS: Simple and Clean 1998 LS400

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-12, 09:16 PM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: Simple and Clean 1998 LS400

**please see my latest post below for new notes, added pics, and new price update**

My wife and I are very proud new parents . We are now in need of a bigger vehicle that will accommodate lots of baby stuff. Currently in a market for a full size SUV.

For sale is my DD ’98 LS400 that is extremely clean and well maintained, I am one of those picky owners who cleaned and maintained their cars religiously. This car has every single options that were available back in ‘98 (except heated seats)…And YES it has the factory self-leveling HID, and wood steering wheel/****.

Mileage: 158K
Pearl White/ Gray Interior
Ice Cold AC
407-803-2286 (text preferred)
email: pogilexg3@gmail.com

History:

I Owned the car for a year and half now. I am the third owner. Took me more than a year to find this (bone stock clean LS). The first and second owners are both female seniors. I bought the car directly from the owner not from a dealership. The second owner traveled quite a bit so most of the miles are highway. This car has been garaged all its life. It is garage both at my house and work (parking garage). Clean title NO ACCIDENTS. Feel free to check carfax

Maintenance History:

I am a firm believer of doing maintenance first before mods. So ALL MAJOR maintenance that will keep you up at night are already done…Previous owner did not keep receipts so I had all of these done for peace of mind. I have all my receipts neatly in a folder and will be available for the buyer.

• New Timing Belt/ Waterpump/Idlers/Tensioner/Thermostat- ALL OEM PARTS (mitsuboshi belt/ Aisin WP/Koyo/NTN)
• New OEM transmission mount (common item to replace)
• New OEM strut rods (another common items to replace)
• OEM front stabilizer bushings
• OEM brakes (new front rotors/ OEM pads front and rear)
• New spark plugs

Simple Mods (keep’n it simple)
• OEM not replicas 18” LS430 Wheels (hard to find)
• Megan EZ Coilovers
• 17mm spacers for the fronts/ 25mm spacers for the rear
• Updated emblems to new OEM Chrome

Minor Issue:
• Speedometer gauge cluster issue: starting to have “lazy” sticky needles. This is a common issue with these cars. Noticed it about a month ago…it is intermittent at this time. But the gas gauge started to read incorrectly and the temp needle as well (NO it is not overheating) had it checked already , updated ECT sensor and confirmed that it is the gauge assembly. So I recommend sending it to a place to get the gauge fix or replace it with a new one.

Car will come with original suspension (in case you want to put it back to stock), original wheels, and the old strut rod (so next time you have replace them, just get the bushings press them in and just swap)

Car is well maintained, runs awesome and quite, and no mechanical issues. Hard to find at this condition. Priced fairly and competitively at $8000.***new price update (please see last post)

Last edited by BIPPUthis!; 07-20-12 at 09:38 AM. Reason: new price and added notes
Old 06-14-12, 09:24 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

very nice ride and great price
Old 06-14-12, 09:27 PM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cartune
very nice ride and great price
Thank you sir.
Old 06-18-12, 07:46 AM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

bump! no interest on a clean well maintained LS? I am listing it here first as I would like this to go to someone that will continue to take care of the car
Old 06-18-12, 08:33 AM
Jbthompson
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like it so much! Wish it was closer to Texas!
Old 06-18-12, 09:22 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful car!! Interior doesn't look like anyone has ever been in it! GLWS! and congrats on the new addition to your family!
Old 06-18-12, 03:10 PM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

Originally Posted by TweakTech
beautiful car!! Interior doesn't look like anyone has ever been in it! GLWS! and congrats on the new addition to your family!
Thank you. Parenting is the best feeling in the world
Old 06-23-12, 08:00 AM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

weekend bump
Old 06-24-12, 06:40 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Beautiful car man, glws.
Old 06-24-12, 01:42 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hard to find in this condition... Very nice man.. GL
Old 06-26-12, 04:45 PM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

thanks everyone for the compliments.
Old 07-06-12, 08:41 AM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

weekend bump! received lots of interests but only from people that actually do not have the $$$.....crazy

I am open to deduct the cost to repair the speedometer cluster (sticky needle issue etc). So make a reasonable offer. There is a place in Tampa that repairs Lexus clusters..I believe the cost is around 250-400.

If you need additional photos or specific angle shot of the car...you may email me at pogilexgs3@gmail.com I'll be happy to send more pics.

Really need an SUV soon!

Last edited by BIPPUthis!; 07-06-12 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-08-12, 08:02 PM
selkirk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those rims are absolutely my personal favorite on the UCF2x chassis. Love them. Took me forever to find a set for my own, they were only sold on LS430 in 2005-6 and apparently only on the 'Euro' package - not very common.

Free bump for a clean setup!
Old 07-11-12, 06:19 AM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

Thanks everyone that inquired. Replied to all emails and sent additional pics. Thanks
Old 07-20-12, 09:08 AM
BIPPUthis!
Rookie

I am bumping this for the last time before I post a for sale ad to sites such as autotrader, craigs etc.. I am also adding some more pics as I received quite a few emails about the driver seat, rear pics etc. I would also like to make a few statements so that it is clear:

-I will NOT ship the car without you seeing the car first, test drive it, and check everything . Who buys a preowned car without seeing it???

-Florida car all its life (I even have the original port of entry certificate). NO accidents. Have title in hand. Have receipts for all the major maintenance.

-Again, the only issue that needs to be fix (if it really bothers you) is the speedometer cluster. The temp gauge can be fix by replacing the receiver (part# 8388350010 via sewell lexus). It is already confirmed that the speedometer is the issue. The sticky needle issue (rpm and speed) are intermittent at this time. It rarely gets “lazy” but it happens depending on the weather.

-Tires… if you really want it to be perfect, I suggest replace it with brand new tires. 2 tires are different brands due to nail on the sidewall that couldn’t be fix. I had 2 backup tires (same size) that I had in the garage so why not use it right?

-I received text/email about they already have wheels...I am open to taking off the LS430 wheels if you already have wheels that you want to put on the car.

-Lastly, if you are not familiar with the LS family, please get familiar with it first. Please don’t make an offer like you are buying a Honda Accord or a Camry. Gheez Louizzz…I am very surprise to get that especially from here

I am updating my price as the absolute best I will let go of the car. $7500 the way it sits, or for those who have wheels they want to put on it already and don’t care about the LS430 wheels- $7000.

I really feel that the price is right and very competitive…look around and see. Feel free to compare and make sure it can compete with the cleanliness and condition as mine.

Last edited by BIPPUthis!; 07-21-12 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added notes

Quick Reply: FL FS: Simple and Clean 1998 LS400