Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

AL FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 02:37 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner

I'm the second owner and someone is going to benefit from my OCD. My wife wanted an SUV, so I took over her LS. The LS is newer and has less miles, but its not my GS. Sometimes the sensible thing to do is not always what you want to do...

I bought the GS 10 years ago with 26k miles on it. I did not buy it on a whim, I was only looking for a Silver/Black GS400 or 430. This one was a new trade-in out of Florida and it was spotless. It has never been wrecked, abused, or left me stranded. I'm the guy that parks in the corner of the lots, uphill from the shopping carts, and always in an "end" parking space. It doesn't have ANY door dings and its the definition of garage kept...I work from home.

The interior is just as nice as the outside. No cuts in the leather, no stains, or strange odors. Feels and smells clean.

I have done some tasteful upgrades over the years including:
SRT intake
H&R coilovers
Magnaflow mufflers
TT Supra front brakes (brand new rotors and OEM Toyota pads last week)
Stainless steel brake lines
Stock color G35 18" wheels and matching Sumitomo tires (245/45x18) = 60% tread
5mm H&R rear wheel spacers
Shaved emblems
New caster arms installed about 15k miles ago
Low mileage front control arms done at the same time (fresher bushings)
Daizen steering rack bushings
The stereo is stock Nakamichi + a 10" Alpine Type R and amp

I maintain vehicles obsessively. Mobil 1 Full Syn. every 5k miles with OEM Toyota oil filters. Brakes are bled regularly with Motul RBF600. Trans fluid changed about 20k miles ago with Redline D4 ATF (what Redline recommended)

It doesn't have any fluid leaks, and never has so the bottom of the car is bone dry, no sludge and no rust.

It drives straight and it doesn't vibrate or make noises.

I would put this car up against the cleanest on here and it definitely doesn't look or perform like it has 179k on it.

We have had the SUV for about 2 weeks now. The GS and LS are in the garage and the SUV is outside. My wife doesn't like parking outside.

$8200

Email me directly at RCRussom at Gmail dot com.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner-2012-06-27-13.09.01.jpg   FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner-2012-06-27-13.07.43.jpg   FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner-2012-07-06-07.53.20.jpg   FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner-2012-07-06-07.52.27.jpg   FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner-2012-07-06-07.54.34.jpg  

Last edited by RUSSOM; 09-11-12 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Price Change
Old 07-09-12, 08:58 AM
RUSSOM
Driver

Getting some interest, but no visits to see it yet. The car is sitting in my garage as clean as the pics so let me know if anyone needs add'l pics.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 07-10-12, 12:03 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Where in Al?
Old 07-11-12, 08:56 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email sent...
Old 07-11-12, 09:53 PM
willgs
Driver School Candidate

Very clean considering its year and miles. GLWS!
Old 07-12-12, 12:18 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

considering parting out?

either way GLWS!
Old 07-17-12, 07:17 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

Thanks for the replies.

To answer them in order.

I'm in Birmingham and the nearest airport is less than 30 minutes from me. Birmingham airport is "BHM"

Thanks for the compliment about condition. The pics really don't do it justice.

I appreciate the offer to part it out, but by the time I pay a shop to pull the parts, replace with stock,.... I would rather just offer the car complete to someone so they can enjoy it as I have.

btw, on a much different note, I thought this was interesting. My Dad bought a 2013 GS a few weeks ago and I drove it yesterday. To sum it up, it is a nice car, but you can feel that some of the materials used are cheaper. Interior door levers are plastic and the door pulls in the armrest feel like they were pulled from a Tahoe. Probably the reason they can sell one equipped like his in 2012 for about the same msrp as mine was in 99. iirc, it was mid 50s.

The "old" V8 GSs don't have to rely on downshifts to move around in traffic like the new V6 does, and of course they sure sound a lot better too.
The 2013 GS has a definite european feel to it. Good or bad depending on what you like about Lexus. The ride is very abrupt. The seats are a lot more firm. The steering wheel is very thick and a fairly small diameter. The leather used on the wheel has a very dry feel. The throttle requires constant attention (probably the biggest annoyance to me). You can't just rest your foot on the accel pedal and cruise down the interstate, you have to apply pressure all of the time (similar to a diesel). I found myself using the cruise whenever possible and I would hope this is something I could get used to. All of these attributes are what you see/feel in newer german cars. Maybe they'll release a GSF by the time I'm in the market again.
Old 07-31-12, 02:08 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

Price Change to $8200

Last edited by RUSSOM; 09-11-12 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-01-12, 09:46 AM
ShadowGS4
Rookie

Hey guys, just wanted to come in to vouch for RUSSOM. I went and met up with him to look the car over and drive it recently. This car is in great condition. It runs and drives great, so much so that if you never looked at the odometer you would never guess that it has 179k on it. It has a really aggressive rumble to it when you get on it, but still maintains a nice sound when just driving around normal without having any drone. The car handles and stops absolutely amazing with the suspension upgrades and Supra TT brakes. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.
Old 08-01-12, 10:18 PM
death666
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShadowGS4
Hey guys, just wanted to come in to vouch for RUSSOM. I went and met up with him to look the car over and drive it recently. This car is in great condition. It runs and drives great, so much so that if you never looked at the odometer you would never guess that it has 179k on it. It has a really aggressive rumble to it when you get on it, but still maintains a nice sound when just driving around normal without having any drone. The car handles and stops absolutely amazing with the suspension upgrades and Supra TT brakes. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.
so if you loved it so much why didnt you buy it? or did you just want to go for a joy ride in another persons build ?
Old 08-02-12, 10:59 AM
ShadowGS4
Rookie

Originally Posted by death666
so if you loved it so much why didnt you buy it? or did you just want to go for a joy ride in another persons build ?
I already have a GS. I went to check out it and get to know a fellow Lexus owner. He lives like 10 minutes from me and I never knew it. RUSSOM is a great guy and is really into the automotive scene. Apparently you don't understand the concept of the car club community, you know making friends and connections with people with similar interests to your own.

Could I have picked this car up? Sure, but I have a paid for GS sitting in my driveway and after heavily debating it with myself for several days I decided that right now wouldn't be the best time for me to take on another car payment.

It was not an easy decision and whomever does pick this car up will be getting a fantastic ride. I'm putting my reputation on the line for RUSSOM and his GS, and gladly so because I firmly believe everything I have written. I don't just arbitrarily vouch for just anyone or any car.
Old 08-09-12, 09:23 AM
BPA
Driver School Candidate

1QWKGS4 recommended I buy your car. Would you mind me calling you?
Old 08-09-12, 01:36 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

Originally Posted by BPA
1QWKGS4 recommended I buy your car. Would you mind me calling you?
Sure, give me a call. btw, I see that "your garage is empty" so I guess that means you're a pretty serious buyer.
Old 08-10-12, 12:53 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

Originally Posted by death666
No problem with him stopping by to take a look and a drive. Even though he decided to hold onto his GS and mod it, it ended up being a good opportunity for another active forum member to put in his $.02 to the car's condition.
Old 08-14-12, 09:06 AM
RUSSOM
Driver

Lots of activity, but still no buyer.

Quick Reply: AL FS: 1999 GS400 Silver/Black, 2nd owner