Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TX 1993 sc300 for sale cheap

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-12 | 09:49 AM
Piratse
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 sc300 for sale cheap sold sold

sold sold soldsold

I am going to describe this car as detailed as possible.
I have receipts for most parts/work. Trade options on bottom of post. Have mod approval for this post. If you look through my old post the car used to have starting problems they have since been 100% fixed. I have been driving it for months with NO ISSUES AT ALL.

1993 SC300
267,xxx miles on the body
About 105k on the motor
Car passes inspection with NO problem. Has current tags.

The GOOD
All new gaskets on the engine(except rear main, but no leaks there), spark plugs, wires, and distributor(about 5 months ago).
Interior from a 2000 sc300. I would give the interior an 8/10. Not perfect but pretty good for an old car.
Mechanically runs awesome
Pretty new tires with less than 3k miles on them
NO check engine light
New Knock sensor
New ECU (with warranty, can provide the receipt for that)
New fuel pump and new fuel pressure regulator (about 2 months ago, this was the cause of my starting issues)
New intake gaskets
New PVC
NO LEAKS, DOES NOT OVER HEAT (I can sit in traffic for an hour on the way to work and have no issues)
A/C and heater WORK great
ALL electronic pieces work (seats, sunroof, cruise control, radio etc.)
New bulbs
Alignment done 12/23

The LESS than GOOD

Passenger mirror is floppy and the glass cracked (12/23). Can put a new one on if that is a deal breaker. There is one locally for $25.
Gauge needles do not light up. This is a very common problem on these cars. Everything lights up except the needles.
Oil level sensor light is on. The oil level is FINE (burns NO oil). But the sensor is bad. Cheap part..
Dent in passenger rear quarter panel and a couple small ones on the front fender (all from the previous owner). NO FRAME OR ALIGNMENT PROBLEMS. I was quoted $800-$1200 to fix all dents and paint entire car from Cillis Car Care on Schroeder road in Houston.
A/C only runs on high. Everything works on the console but for some reason it wont change fan speeds. This just happened a few months ago and I haven't had time to figure out the problem. Again EVERYTHING but the speed works fine.
Trunk struts need replacing ($50ish from O'reillys) I just never have done it, doesn't effect anything trunk just wont hold itself up. Hood ones are not so strong but still hold it up may need new ones soon ($20ish)
Could sway bar bushings. They are super cheap, just haven't got around to doing it. This doesn't effect anything really just want to let you know everything!

Basically this is a reliable car with some cosmetic issues. If you need something to drive around this car is perfect. If you need something to take to car shows, this one will need some work. Car does have a clean title. Pics show the dent (the worst thing on the car).

>>price: $2,000 UPDATED<<

POSSIBLE TRADE OPTIONS(may be willing to put cash on top): Nissan 240sx (s14 or coupe s13 that is clean), sc400 (want the V8), 300zx (z32) non turbo or Z31 turbo, q45 (1998+), 2.5rs Subaru, clean miata
I am selling because I want a new project car and this one was/is just a daily driver.

Ignore the tire in this pic. The pic is old there are new tires on it now. The dent hasn't changed.

Last edited by Piratse; 12-29-12 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-08-12 | 07:12 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

VOUCH for Piratse! Stand up guy...buy with CONFIDENCE~ GLWS!

steve
Old 12-28-12 | 10:40 AM
Piratse
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

price dropped. Again I would like a new project and am willing to trade for any of the cars above. I would love a clean sc400 or 5spd sc300. I could convert this car but it would be easier to sell and start with a factory 5spd. Willing to put cash on top for a trade!