Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA 93 SC400 New Paint and Kit + Extras

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-13, 09:07 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 SC400 New Paint and Kit + Extras

Hello Club Lexus Members! I have for sale my 93 DWP SC400. The story is that I purchased this car off my best friend as a daily driver for my wife. I wanted to pickup a nice cheap car that I could brighten up for her as a daily and still be reliable since I knew the car was maintained well. I just recently did some work on the car and unfortunately the vehicle is not practical for her to drive. My family is also getting bigger so I need to get a minivan. My loss is your gain. I have listed all the parts and mods have I done to the car. I will also include some extra parts that I have not installed yet. I have a build thread listed on the forum to see a closer look of the car so there is nothing to hide. I originally posted the car on Craigslist and off my Instagram at $9500 but I have dropped the price down to $8500. I am negotiable but please no lo-ball offers and I am not piecing out the car. I am located in Northern CA and feel free to ask any questions. I am also on Instagram if you would like to see more pix of the car as it was featured on Club Lexus. My username is also Marvabetic.

Exterior(car is garaged)
Repainted with stock Lexus Diamond White Pearl. Door jams, trunk, sunroof jam, gas cap area, and inside front fender(engine bay). Only 2 months old.
New Auto Couture style front bumper kit, Vertex style sides and rear made by AIT Racing. The sides and rear have been molded into the body.
New Wise style rear spoiler. The entire body kit and paint was installed at the same time by a licensed professional.
New 97 front grill
New 97 taillights
Aftermarket HID lights
Headlights have been restored using Meguiar's kit
Rear emblems shaved off
Tinted windows

Engine
Engine and automatic tranny has 161,xxx miles on it. Odometer has 151k on it because the instrument cluster was replaced because one of the previous owners switched clusters out. The original one had its needles and lights out so they switched it out.
Timing Belt, water pump, thermostat, valve cover gasket, coil/sparkplug wires, and fuel dampener has been replaced less then 10k miles ago.
All fluids have been flushed and changed except rear end.
Tranny runs smooth no issues.
New car battery replaced 6 months ago.
About 2k worth of parts and labor has been put into the engine. All work was done by a licensed professional Toyota mechanic using Toyota OEM parts.

Interior
Color is the Tan/Beige combo with wood trim
The front leather seats are all power and have some basic wear. No nasty tears and look better then most first gens I've seen.
The rear seats look brand new.
The carpet and floor mats where steam cleaned every six months as I've owned it so it looks decent for the age.
All the interior lights have been switched to LED.(not the instrument cluster)
The Dash Cluster lights are all working except the speedometer needle flickers. The rest of the lights work but could use some bulb replacements to look new again
AC works but doesn't blow as cold new.(I don't think any SC's blow cold as new anyway) It might need more Freon as we added it but not enough.
Heat works fine
Climate control LCD face was swapped out to a newer one. No bleeding and looks new again.

Audio
It will come with a aftermarket Double Din Pioneer CD/TV monitor deck
Car has the stock mid range front and rear speakers. They sound great and don't need replacing.
The stock subwoofer was blown as usual and has been replaced with a new Kicker subwoofer. It needs a new amp cause the stock Lexus one will not be enough to power it. Just a basic single channel 100W amp will do to get it running.
Stock CD changer is still in the trunk.
Car has a new aftermarket Avital alarm system. The alarm remote has a trunk release option which was wired to the car. 93 SC's do not have a trunk release option on the stock keys.

Suspension
Aftermarket Tanabe springs. About 1.25-1.5 inch drop
Aftermarket shocks. I can't remember which it has Tokico or Bilsteins. One pair was replaced 2 years ago when it was lowered.
Custom alignment for front and rear. A light negative camber was needed to get the stance right. A partial fender roll was needed to get rear wheels to fit.
New set of BBS Lemans replica wheels(better quality then STR but a little cheaper then Varrstoens)and tires. They are Hyper Silver with a polish stepped lip.
Staggered setup - Front 19x8.5 +15offset 215/35/ZR19 Rear 19x9.5 +20offset 235/35/ZR19
The tires tuck into the wheel well but the rims sit flush with vehicle. The wheels and tires are also 10 weeks old and have less then 400 miles on them. No curb rashes.

Exhaust
Car has all stock catalytic converters on.
Mufflers are aftermarket Japanese stainless steel. DUAL 5ZIGEN Fireball Mega. Very Hard to find and desirable among SC enthusiast.

The best part. Not only does the vehicle have over 10k worth of labor and upgraded parts alone I will also throw in more upgrade parts I have not installed yet.
Newer style 3spoke leather OEM lexus steering wheel with airbag.
Lexus OEM LS 400 brake calipers(stopping power upgrade)
Newer style gated SC400 shifter with wood trim
Rear window spoiler
Stock 93 Tailights
Stock 93 Rear spoiler

BADS(not really as it's probably a less then $120 fix)
The car has a small leak in the radiator. I will double check the hoses and drain plug. It only leaks when the car is running. The car doesn't leak much at all and has no overheating issues. I just don't wanna take the car apart right now just in case someone wants to see it. Other then that there is no oil leaks or anything else to worry about for the engine or tranny. Last the front will need new brake pads eventually. I only drive the car once a week or so only on sunny days so you got some time to change them if your lazy.

The car has a clean CA title in hand and registration is current and paid for until end of year/early next year. Car will need to be smogged but will pass will flying colors. The car is a beauty and looks even better in person. It has a lot new parts and is regularly maintained. If I was keeping the car I would have done the brakes and radiator already but I don't want to dump anymore money into it.
Attached Thumbnails 93 SC400 New Paint and Kit + Extras-frontsideh.jpg   93 SC400 New Paint and Kit + Extras-back2j.jpg   93 SC400 New Paint and Kit + Extras-leftsidew.jpg   93 SC400 New Paint and Kit + Extras-topwe.jpg  

Last edited by marvabetic; 06-12-13 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-13-13, 07:56 AM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

got dam that is clean as hell......

interior shots please?!
Old 06-13-13, 09:31 AM
GS300noob
Rookie

freak'n cool. wish i had the $$