Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

TN SC400 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-13, 06:54 PM
goldsoarer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 for sale

I recently had my license suspended, and need to sell my car to cover my finances.

This car has been my dream car since I was 16, and I have put relentless effort over the last year to constantly improve it. I actually have 2 of them, but will be selling the one I've been loving on, and keeping one to restore (all over again). This description covers EVERYTHING- as this car has been my life for the past year, and should answer all your questions.

The Good

First: The car is 100% dependable - no mechanical issues, no seeping, or dripping fluids AT ALL. The 4.0 liter V8 engine purrs like a kitten, and roars like a lion. I have ALWAYS used 93 octane gas, as the car calls for it, and according to the lexus community performance suffers if you use regular. The transmission shifts like silk. Even with the pedal to the floor. A characteristic trait of all Lexus'. The interior has been restored to the furthest possible point without professional work. I would give the interior a 8/10. The car has a glass sunroof, which was replaced when I bought the car at Grant's auto glass downtown. The car has 16" stock chrome wheels, and tires with around 50% tread, maybe more. The radio works great, and the stock speakers all sound fantastic. I had the speedometer needles replaced, and the speedometer has LED backlighting installed from Lextech. The car has a 4 speed transmission with overdrive, and a POWER sport mode switch which speeds up downshifts, delays upshifts, and quickens throttle response = more fun to drive. Even more alluring is that in economy mode this car gets 30 mpg on the interstate (if you can resist the urge to go fast), and around 20-25mpg around town.

The Bad

Issue 1 - The power steering has a valve in it that fails, and putting power steering fluid in it will cause it to slowly leak out. Resolution - The car is rear wheel drive, and makes almost 300 ft/lbs of torque. This means that the front wheels are very easy to turn under even the slightest throttle. I have found no need for fixing this, and just do without the power steering, but I am aware of power steering rebuild kits that can resolve it for less than $50. I assure you if you test drive the car - you will understand why it doesnt bother me. Truthfully, the input from the tires is easier to feel without the interference from a power steering system.

Issue 2 - The drivers side window regulator is broken. The switch and motor work just fine. But there is a small plastic piece that the cable that drives the window up the track that is no longer attached. Grant's auto glass priced this fix at $200 last month. (As it happened around march) The window is up, and poses no real issue, just a lack of being able to hang out the window in your incredibly rare car.

Minor Issues 3, 4, and 5 - The LED's that backlight the tachometer burned out. 100% fixable, and only cosmetic. The tach works just fine, but at night it doesnt light up. The built in subwoofer is removed - it was blown when I bought the car and sounded busted, so I took it out. Not really an issue, but you should know it's not there anymore. The car is currently plasti-dipped. If you're not familiar with this procedure you can youtube it. It is very popular on the west coast, and protects the car from scratches, dings, and dents. I would personally put this down on the "Good" list, but since it is not a stock option I'm listing it as an advisory. The plasti-dip was done after completing all the minor bodywork on the car - small dents and dings removed - and the car was sanded and primered for a paintjob. I wanted to preserve the car until I saved up money for a show quality paintjob, and plasti-dipped it. In short it gives the car a very aggressive racing "batmobile" look, and can be removed in minutes if desired. (If you want a breakdown of this product visit - dipyourcar.com)

PM me with offers. The car at "fair" condition - and its definitely better than fair - on KBB is private party valued at $4495. I'm only asking $3500, and it's negotiable if you have cash, or a trade like a street bike or a scooter.

Last edited by goldsoarer; 07-03-13 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-27-13, 05:33 AM
vr4gt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish I had economy mode