Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FL 2001 Solar Yellow Lexus IS300 SRT Stage 2.75 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-14, 01:19 PM
mixtnutz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '01 SY Lexus IS300 Turbo SRT Stage 2.75 (Slick Top)

Name: Eric Moss
VIN#: JTHBD182110030780
Miles: 100k
Price: SOLD!!! $13,800
Title Status: Clean
Contact Info: PM, reply, or text my cell.

Upgrade/Mod List:

[Engine] Swift Racing Technologies Stage 2.75 Turbo Kit including: Tubular T304 Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold -- SRT Spec'd Precision Turbo SC6176S - 0.68 A/R T4 -- Tial 44mm wastegate -- Blitz® Super Sound Dual Drive blow-off valve -- Stainless Steel braided oil supply line -- High Temp oil drain line -- AFE 4" High flow lifetime cone filter -- Haltech F10X Engine Management -- 3Bar Map Sensor -- 870cc Injectors -- Walbro® 255lph High Pressure fuel pump -- All Mandrel bent polished aluminum intercooler piping -- 22.5"x12"x3" Front Mount Intercooler rated at 650+HP -- 2.5mm Multi Layered Steel Head Gasket -- ARP Head Stud kit -- NGK Performance Iridium Spark Plugs -- 3" Mandrel bent T304 SS race downpipe -- 3" Mandrel bent T304 SS front midpipe.
Swift Racing 3" Full Turbo Exhaust; Turbo Blanket; HKS Adjustable Cam Gear; Boomslang Extension Harness; Blitz SBC ID III Spec-R Electric Boost Controller; AEM UEGO Wideband o2 Controller; Prosport Premium Amber 60mm Electric Boost, EGT and Oil Pressure Gauges; TRD Gauge Pod; AAC Carbon Fiber Radiator Air Diverter Panel and Engine Cover; FIGs Hood Props.

[Transmission] Peter Farrell Supercars Race Built Transmission, Peter Farrell Supercars Valve Body Upgrade; SRT Transmission Cooler.

[Suspension] TC Sportline Front Strut Bar Brace; Front and Rear Hotchkis Adjustable Sway Bars. (and available at additional cost: brand new in-box TEIN Flex Adjustable Coilovers w/ TEIN EDFC Electronic Damping Force Controller).

[Wheels & Tires] 19" ADR Hyperblack M-Sports staggered (8.5" front / 9.5"rear); NEW Khumo Ecsta SPTs (front: 225/35ZR19; rear: 255/35ZR19)

[Braking] Dimpled/Slotted Brembo Rotors; BRAND NEW Centric Ceramic Posi Quiet Pads, Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines; G2 Red Calipers w/ logos.

[Exterior] VIS Carbon Fiber Vented Hood; JP Vizage Front Lip (molded); C-West Side Skirts; Kaminari Rear Lip; TRD Spoiler; TRD Grill; JP Vizage Headlight Eyelids (currently removed);Color matched engine compartment panels;15% Tint

[Sound System] Custom Subwoofer Enclosure w/ Etched Glass (Lexus logo); 12" Subwoofer with 600 watt Alpine Amplifier, 7" Screen custom installed in glove box (currently removed), Authentic JDM Roof Antenna.

Seller's Notes:
2nd owner. Non-smoker. Garage kept. Very LOW MILEAGE for a 2001 (national avg. is over 50k+ mi. more). Great condition. Meticulously maintained and detailed. Full record of maintenance. Brand new brake pads/shims. New tires. Over $14,000 of upgrades and modifications in parts alone ($22k+ including labor). It would cost approx. $29k to duplicate this car. My price is set just below the blue book value added to ˝ the value of the installed upgrades. It was tuned by Z-Sport in Everett, WA and achieved 400 rear wheel horspower @ 13.5psi on a Dynapack dyno. The turbo has less than 20,000 miles on it. Rarely driven hard. I've lived in a couple very small towns in WA and MD for the past 8 years so 99% of the mileage on this car has just been my 8 and 5 mi commute to and from work.

I purchased this car over 8 years ago and it has been my daily driver and hobby ever since. My own search for this car took a while but I snatched up this rare Solar Yellow true-base slick top IS300 as soon as I found it. The slick top's lack of sun roof is very desirable because it equals significantly reduced weight up high resulting in a much lower center of gravity, and increased body rigidity. This translates to vastly improved handling performance. I have yet to see another slick top IS300 in person. This, plus several other weight reducing benefits of this trim makes it truly "The Enthusiasts IS300." Combine that with the second hardest to find factory color makes it a very unique IS300. The vehicle was awarded 1st place Custom IS300 at NOPI Nationals 2006, and 2nd Place High Performance Import at the Oak Harbor Car Show 2010.

It is an extremely reliable platform. It shares it's powerplant with the Toyota Supra, the infamous inline-6 cylinder 2JZ engine. This engine is commonly described as "bulletproof." I preferred this car with the E-shift transmission because I had plans for turbocharging this car from the beginning. The available stock 5-speed manual is weak and generally fails somewhere just beyond 300 RWHP. The much sturdier 5-speed E-shift auto is well known to easily endure power up around 400-450 RWHP range. Also, performance-wise the E-shift is faster. ESPECIALLY with a turbo'd platform since the engine never comes out of boost while shifting. The turbo remains spooled and feeding boosted air pressure to the engine until the moment you decide to take your foot off the gas pedal. On top of this, to improve the already solid transmission it was removed and sent to Peter Farrell Supercars in Frederick, Maryland to be race built. PFS rebuilt the transmission with the strongest internals on the market, and the added transmission cooler keeps it all operating at an optimum temperature. It is a manually shiftable auto with steering wheel mounted controls. If you love the car but the E-shift is not for you, fret not, the indestructible Getrag 6-speed out of the Supra bolts right in! The entire process is well documented on the forums. A couple years after the install of the turbo kit I actually moved to Maryland. SRT's shop was only a couple hours away from my new home so I took it up there for some minor work. I had Mo and his team look over the turbo system and tune while they were at it and received compliments on the quality of the work.

In addition to the car you will also be getting two brand new in-box wheels: 19x8.5" ADR M-sport wheels (same as front). These were meant to be installed on the back with street tires so that I could mount something sticker on the wider wheels for track days. Since I never really did track days the were never used as intended. It will come with all of the various aftermarket and stock OEM parts still in my inventory, such as the original full set of five stock 17" wheels wrapped in new tires, TRD replica grill, OEM grill, OEM engine cover, stock sway bars, an extra tire, plus all of the boxes, instructions, supporting documents, and receipts for every last aftermarket part. Last but not least, you will get a full record of paperwork and maintenance from the time of delivery to the original owner until the present.

Last edited by mixtnutz; 08-17-14 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-18-14, 02:19 PM
mixtnutz
Driver

Sale pending.
Old 08-02-14, 11:36 AM
mixtnutz
Driver

Bump bump bump
The following users liked this post:
suprababy (03-16-17)
Old 08-13-14, 04:56 PM
mixtnutz
Driver

Car has sold! Sad day... I may have cried a little.