Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

PA 1997 Lexus SC400 Platinum Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-14, 06:31 PM
excaliber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Lexus SC400 Platinum Metallic

Hello,

I am testing the waters, seeing what I could possibly get for my car.
Its a 1997 Lexus SC400. It is the most reliable and problem free car I have evert owned.
Looking to move on to a 4door or SUV and start a family so this beautifully awesome car might have to go. Again, just testing the market, would like offers sight unseen but assuming that it is in great condition which it most definitely is. Make an offer of what it will be worth to you and if it's in the ball park I have in mind we can make a deal Appreciate the interest and all friendly replies, car info below

1997 Lexus SC400
auto, 182k miles- always serviced by Lexus of Lehigh
power everything, 4.0 Lexus v8-bulletproof, brand new $1200 all-season Bridgestone Potenza tires on upgraded 2009 IS350 18" rims. All belts changed within last year, oil changed on time always.
Check engine light currently for one 02 sensor, will be fixed before sale of car.
Exterior is Lexus Platinum Metallic which is like a blueish silver, changes color with light of day, factory original paint in great condition. A few small knicks here and there nothing at all major on the exterior. Originally a Florida car. Have all service records.
Interior is nice too, Black leather seats in front are cracking but no rips of tears, back seat at the very top has two small tears that might require some stitching for under $100.
Dash is perfect, In-dash DVD/CD-Navigation system, just need newer map cds to use Nav as I prefer using my phone. Power moonroof, a/c, heat working great.
So, only 3 minor issues would be the o2 which I will be fixing asap, the slight tears in the rear seat top, and the dash led light for the a/c system is out, no biggie.

Please make an offer of how much this car in this condition would be worth to you and we'll make a deal. Trades welcome but has to be equal or less with some cash. Im open to all offers that are reasonable. Hate to give this car up, owned for almost 6 years and have loved every minute of it.

Thank you and happy holidays
Attached Thumbnails 1997 Lexus SC400 Platinum Metallic-20120312_185507_2.jpg   1997 Lexus SC400 Platinum Metallic-imag0072_1.jpg   1997 Lexus SC400 Platinum Metallic-imag0222_1_1_1.jpg  
Old 01-08-15, 08:28 PM
rkkt788
Driver School Candidate

My question, are you serious about selling? If so, what's your asking price?

Thanks
Originally Posted by excaliber
Hello,

I am testing the waters, seeing what I could possibly get for my car.
Its a 1997 Lexus SC400. It is the most reliable and problem free car I have evert owned.
Looking to move on to a 4door or SUV and start a family so this beautifully awesome car might have to go. Again, just testing the market, would like offers sight unseen but assuming that it is in great condition which it most definitely is. Make an offer of what it will be worth to you and if it's in the ball park I have in mind we can make a deal Appreciate the interest and all friendly replies, car info below

1997 Lexus SC400
auto, 182k miles- always serviced by Lexus of Lehigh
power everything, 4.0 Lexus v8-bulletproof, brand new $1200 all-season Bridgestone Potenza tires on upgraded 2009 IS350 18" rims. All belts changed within last year, oil changed on time always.
Check engine light currently for one 02 sensor, will be fixed before sale of car.
Exterior is Lexus Platinum Metallic which is like a blueish silver, changes color with light of day, factory original paint in great condition. A few small knicks here and there nothing at all major on the exterior. Originally a Florida car. Have all service records.
Interior is nice too, Black leather seats in front are cracking but no rips of tears, back seat at the very top has two small tears that might require some stitching for under $100.
Dash is perfect, In-dash DVD/CD-Navigation system, just need newer map cds to use Nav as I prefer using my phone. Power moonroof, a/c, heat working great.
So, only 3 minor issues would be the o2 which I will be fixing asap, the slight tears in the rear seat top, and the dash led light for the a/c system is out, no biggie.

Please make an offer of how much this car in this condition would be worth to you and we'll make a deal. Trades welcome but has to be equal or less with some cash. Im open to all offers that are reasonable. Hate to give this car up, owned for almost 6 years and have loved every minute of it.

Thank you and happy holidays
Old 01-08-15, 08:54 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Clean SC. Price is required though...
Old 01-12-15, 03:22 PM
Swimmerboy
Driver School Candidate

I am local and VERY interested! Price?
Old 01-12-15, 03:27 PM
rkkt788
Driver School Candidate

I live 15 minutes away but the seller does not reply. I've tried private message and his local craigslist ad.
Obviously not serious about selling and I wonder why they wasted the time to post it.
Old 01-12-15, 03:47 PM
excaliber
Rookie

Default Update

The seller's wife lost her mother recently so we've been dealing with that and also, the car needs an alternator which Im working on securing with limited funds.
The best offer I've received was $3500 once alternators fixed but if anyone can come up with $3200 and have it towed to their place to be fixed than that'd be fair I guess. It's a high price Im not sure if thats a fair price or not but the guy who offered the 3500 has been searching for an sc for over a year in great condition and in good mechanical condition. Same as I did originally, having it shipped from NC and paying $5500 sight uneen.

Also, If either of you are mechanically inclined and since you do live so close, would you be interested in making a few dollars installing an alternator, a front O2 sensor and giving the throttle a good cleaning? Whether still interested in car or not, could use the help and it'd be good to know some local Lexus guys.

Thanks and sorry for late replies, was unavoidable.
Steve
Old 01-12-15, 03:55 PM
rkkt788
Driver School Candidate

Please pm your contact number.

Thank you and sorry for your loss.