Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

PA 1997 SC400 in Great Condition

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-15, 09:15 AM
lithium14
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If only I could come up with that money right now. Very interested in going all the way out to PA to drive it back here to Austin lol. To be fair though, I'd need a few weeks to solidify the funds, you know, being a student and all
Old 02-07-15, 05:58 PM
excaliber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only issue being it needs an alternator. You could make it no problem with a portable battery charger. Driven this car long distance plenty and had 5 problem free yeasrs with it so Im confident its one or two small fixes away from being perfect again. I am holding onto it and probably going to get the alternator fixed sooner or later, if you do come up with 4k, its urs, alternator in or not, ill give you the parts to go with it if not installed.
Old 05-17-15, 12:53 PM
devious1
Driver School Candidate

Default Quick fix for the power steering leak!!

I have had that problem with the PS leak Twice on my 94 LS .Go to the LexLs.com site there is a quick fix for it! you would need thread locker/RTV sealant,the same bolt for the oil pan (15mm or 17mm),turkey baster,and towels.once I've taken the pump off,I went to the IAC valve(leaking) cleaned it and put the thread locker on the bolt and screwed it in and sealed the hose that was connected to it and I was done!then I've replaced ATF back into the pump and started the car up to get the fluid going through the pump to get the air out and I had no more leaks. I've have had to replaced my alternator 2 times and cost me well over $300.00. Once you will do this,The power steering will feel alot smoother!!!
Old 05-20-15, 05:44 AM
MySCSucks
Driver School Candidate

I can vouch for this cars looks. Its clean and nice. Sad to see it leave the valley. But I'll be back representing the sc community soon.
Old 05-22-15, 07:05 AM
excaliber
Rookie

The SC has been back on the road for 2 months running better than ever.
New parts installed include alternator, battery, brake lines, tune-up, air filter, new vacuum lines, cleaned throttle body, iacv, and air hoses. New O2 sensors, no check engine light. Also installed the alternator custom shield used by many members on here which seems to work as it should and is a great idea.

Will re-post but appreciate the interest on here. Looking for 5k to give it up which is even harder now as the car is driving as it always has and even better due to the very basic but very effective maintainance upgrades.
May be a big ask for a car with 182k miles but these cars as we all know are extremely rare, let alone in good condition, unmolested, and in this color combo which is just ridiculously beautiful. Id hate to see it leave the valley too but as a newly married man, the more time passes the more I think I will be needing a 4 door car more suited to the hills and mountains of PA. I love this car and baby it so im thinking a car that I dont care if I have to drive it over gravel offroad or take it out in the snow would serve us better.

Thanks guys, hope I can sell it before i change my mind.
Attached Thumbnails 1997 SC400 in Great Condition-imag1156_1.jpg   1997 SC400 in Great Condition-imag1153.jpg  
Old 05-24-15, 07:44 PM
excaliber
Rookie

Please close, re-listed due to updated condition, work done, and slight price change.
Thank you