Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

NJ FS: 2004 Lexus IS300 Sportcross Wagon w/ 32k miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 06:58 AM
AlpineBST
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2004 Lexus IS300 Sportcross Wagon w/ 32k miles

Im already regretting this

If you are looking for a sportcross, I would venture to say that this might be one of the most pristine ones in existence.

Bone Stock (down to the factory antenna) and with only 32,xxx original miles. I am the second owner, it has been garage kept, it is smoke free, and has a clean car fax available for viewing.

It recently completed its 30k Service and 161 point inspection by Lexus of Route 10 in Whippany NJ. All that was recommended to be replaced was two front tires; (which I did replace and now have 1000 miles on them. Rears have roughly 5k miles on them.)

Exterior: 9/10
Bumpers have NO Chips, NO wear, and NO scratches. Doors/rear quarter do have some (maybe 5) small scratches overall but nothing unexpected given the age. Can provide up close shots with ruler if need be.

Interior: 9/10
Factory alcantara suede inserts smell, look, and feel brand new. Little to no bolster wear in front or rear seats. My only complaint because im kinda picky is a small wrinkle in the rear passenger seat leather. Other than that, there are little to no signs of use.

Options: 10/10
This 2004 model had every option available for the sportcross series EXCEPT for Navigation (thankfully).

That means it comes with the following:

Homelink Garage Door Pairing System
Memory System for Driver Seat (2 memory positions for both Seat and mirrors)
Heated Front Seats
Factory 6 Disc In Dash Premium audio and tape player
Power Moonroof, wheel Locks, Cargo net and Rear Carpeted floor mat

I have all past documentation and manuals from the dawn of time on this wagon: Window sticker, past receipts, ect. It has been serviced by the highest rated Lexus service department in the Eastern Region (as per Lexus’ nomination) and I am very familiar with this vehicle platform.

At last look of DMV registrations , there are only roughly 900-1000 wagons registered across the USA and out of the ~3000 that were produced, are any of them at this level of cleanliness? After searching for months and finally coming across this one, id be hard pressed to say there is a more complete sportcross out there.

I welcome you to take a look at it yourself to back up my description listed above. I can have a 3rd party inspector/ dealership provide you an inspection report if you would like.

In regards to asking price, it's somewhat difficult to get an idea of what to ask because the fact that the car is such an outlier in so many categories: Fully optioned out, low miles, fantastic condition, and there really isnt any wagon that has sold in recent memory to compare it to (unless you count ones that have between 2x-3x the miles, have a salvage/rebuilt title, are base models, or are in rougher shape).

So if I had to put an asking price I would like to say $15,000 but im open to any and all offers. I really dont know how to price this thing. Please dont crucify me

ALSO One last disclaimer: The Toyota museum has shown interest in purchasing this car from me. I was asked to fill out an application and I am currently awaiting a response from them if they would like to buy it for their gallery. If at anytime they throw me a reasonable offer for it, the car will no longer be for sale. I also have the right to pull the add at anytime as the car is forsale locally.

I just want someone to give her a good home

Ive also finally gotten the unedited photos from my photographer, and ive also attached a few other photos ive taken below

If anyone wants to see anything in particular ill be able to take it out for a little this weekend as it is not currently at my home

Here they are, admittingly not his best work, but it will do for an impromptu shoot before we went to dinner

-

- e[/QUOTE]

Last edited by AlpineBST; 09-10-15 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added extra photos/ contact info
Old 06-11-15, 07:53 AM
Adoh2010
Driver School Candidate

I didn't even know they had station wagon IS, that's an amazing looking car. Good luck on selling, with the low miles hopefully you'd get a good offer from Toyota, that's a very clean specimen of a rare Lexus!
Old 06-11-15, 08:25 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

.... currently showing 48 viewers on the thread right now while typing this... that speaks for itself!

GLWS -
Old 06-13-15, 04:41 PM
JLobes
Driver School Candidate

WOW! That is one amazing and clean car. INSANE low miles, rare to see one under 100k. Very hard to price one like this.
Old 06-13-15, 08:05 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Imagine......2JZGTE swap with 6SPD..... the opportunities here are endless.

Someone should buy this and DO IT.
Old 06-13-15, 10:04 PM
JLobes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

totally possible and the possibilities are endless, but please do not do it with this sportX!! its far too clean and way too low miles. why not mod/swap one with a salvage title or with 180+ miles??
Old 06-13-15, 10:15 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

Im sure its been done. It would be sick to see one in person.

Edit: not 6speed...
http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/is_wagon/
Old 06-18-15, 11:14 AM
AlpineBST
Rookie

Just an update, had a good amount of interest, but everyone seems to be busy / another country and they want to look at it later on in the month

I just want to note that if price is a bit steep for you, throw me an offer! Like i said, its tricky to price something like this, so im just giving it my best educated guess.

Also, had a commercial grade video shot of the wagon a few days ago by a well known videographer who has done work for Lexus in the past. Will post that up when completed
Old 06-18-15, 12:08 PM
JLobes
Driver School Candidate

OOH, cant wait to see the vid.
Old 06-18-15, 01:39 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive always wanted one of these cars... I was actually just looking at one recently. Your asking price is a bit absurd how ever it is a clean low mileage car. Book value is easily Low 13's (Based on KBB book rating in Excellent condition) Use some book value sources to price it appropriately and you will sell much quicker
Old 06-18-15, 02:00 PM
JLobes
Driver School Candidate

The price isnt too absurd. Also, KBB rarely takes into account the rarity of this car. Nada guide is a bit better, but youd be very hard pressed to find another vehicle this clean and original, with which to compare a value. Under 100K is rare, under 50K, almost unheard of.

If it KBB @13s, Id say it's easy worth 15+. But, as momma always said, "its only worth, what somebody will pay for it!"

GLWS. its a real gem!
Old 06-19-15, 10:42 AM
AlpineBST
Rookie

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
Ive always wanted one of these cars... I was actually just looking at one recently. Your asking price is a bit absurd how ever it is a clean low mileage car. Book value is easily Low 13's (Based on KBB book rating in Excellent condition) Use some book value sources to price it appropriately and you will sell much quicker
I appreciate your opinion, but KBB is not an reliable resource to accurately price this car let alone any other car. What is the purpose for KBB as a business? Its not subscription based service (meaning you pay per appraisal) so how does a website like KBB function as an entity?

Traffic / ad revenue, and how do they get traffic? They provide their users with feel good pricing for their pricing evaluations. They tell their friends what their car is worth and a positive outlook on the website drives traffic. Nothing personal, but for a dedicated car forum to bring up KBB as a valued resource for a unique low production car with a niche market is kinda like bringing a nerf gun to a shooting range

Personally, I like to rely on numbers, because numbers dont lie. So allow me to support my claim.

In January/ February Two sportcrosses went though california auction, one with 107k miles and one with roughly 114k , both sold for 10k and 10,5 respectively in a wholesale auction in unknown condition/titles.

Within the past year, two others in similar condition/miles have sold private party, one with 29k miles sold for 16,5, and the other with 2700 miles sold for 25,5. THAT is how I determined my asking price

Fortunately I dont need to sell it, but on the same token im open to offers.

Last edited by AlpineBST; 06-19-15 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-20-15, 11:03 AM
JLobes
Driver School Candidate

still waiting on that vid!

You really should just throw that on a trailer and bring it out to cali! maybe by then, ill be ready to swoop it!
Old 06-20-15, 11:48 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice well kept car. I agree, KBB is a good starting point, but does not reflect the true market in a particular area. That being said, I think you will be hard pressed to get anywhere near that asking price. Unfortunately we all tend to over value our gems, and very few will view them as we do in terms of $$$$. You are correct by saying it's only worth what someone's willing to pay, you may get lucky.
Old 06-20-15, 04:38 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh man I love these, I've seen like 2 ever in my life. I want a wagon so bad but I really really need AWD... GLWS, these are my all time favorite wagons!

Quick Reply: NJ FS: 2004 Lexus IS300 Sportcross Wagon w/ 32k miles