Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

WA 2008 Lexus IS350. Low miles, all options.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-17, 05:40 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2008 Lexus IS350. Low miles, all options.

Car has been sold.

Last edited by 08treefidd; 01-18-18 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-25-17, 06:27 PM
jgoorn
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 08treefidd
I am pretty transparent, so if you wanted this car, all info is provided here. Sorry if you hate reading.

I bought this about 5 months ago for a comfy "luxury" daily without killing the bank. I bought it from a Ferrari dealership in Oregon. The original owner traded the car in, with full service history including the notorious water pump (replaced) and alternator (replaced). It was clean, had all options, an I jumped on it the first day they listed it. Car was fully inspected by said dealership @ 72k miles, it now has 74k and I've gone through it extensively wherever I could justify maintenance.

2008 IS350. RWD.
Clean title, zero accidents or paint work
ML system, AFS lights, HID's, sport suspension, Luxury plus package, Navigation, DVD, heated/cooled seats. All options except adaptive cruise.

-I put new ceramic pads/drilled rotors on it 1500 miles ago, as well as F sport blue caliper paint
-Edit; also replaced both rear calipers (were seized) so that's done as well.
-New Rohana RC22 wheels (19's) with nice Hankook tires.
-IS-F style front grill insert to match bottom section
-IS-F WALD style rear wing
-CF wrap on window trim/console top
-All season mat's front and rear, trunk Lexus carpet mat
-New Amsoil oil change and rear diff 1k miles ago, OEM plugs, AEM filter at same time

Car has no dents, paint was treated with crystal serum and looks great (completed in September this year).

Here is my Craigslist link for photo's.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/c...437601945.html
Olympia, WA
$16000
Cool 2IS , wrong section and also aren't links not allowed for sales?
Old 12-25-17, 06:47 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Originally Posted by jgoorn
Cool 2IS , wrong section and also aren't links not allowed for sales?
Wrong section? Is this not Lexus vehicle classifieds? It's a vehicle, and it's a Lexus? Picturetrail is down for photo hosting, I don't use any other site's since it crashed. How do you sell a car without pics? I supplied the link pertaining to my car, about only my car for interested parties.

I've bought from and sold to people from this forum, in person, online, spoke on the phone, texted, emailed. I'm here to be a stand up guy an sell a nice car. If necessary for you, I will dig up their usernames an ask that they vouch for my credibility. Otherwise, I fail to see what your logic was for that post, aside from hearing your own keyboard. If some forum rule was bent (a link for pictures?), my apologies, but I've already used and successfully proven I'm a reliable buyer AND seller on here.
Old 12-25-17, 06:52 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Vehicles For Sale
1) Lexus Vehicles may be offered for sale by all members, but no dealers or vendor posts are allowed. A maximum of two vehicles are allowed to be posted for sale in a rolling 12 months. This was my first vehicle sale ad.
2) Only active ClubLexus members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles. This is a Lexus.
3) Posting a vehicle for sale "for a friend" is not allowed, you must personally hold the title in your name. They can join and post it themselves. This is my personal vehicle.
4) Please post the location of the vehicle being sold in the thread title. Noted in the title of my listing, as well as city, state at the bottom.
Old 12-25-17, 08:00 PM
jgoorn
Driver

Vehicles For Sale
1) Lexus Vehicles may be offered for sale by all members, but no dealers or vendor posts are allowed. A maximum of two vehicles are allowed to be posted for sale in a rolling 12 months. This was my first vehicle sale ad.
2) Only active ClubLexus members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles. This is a Lexus.
3) Posting a vehicle for sale "for a friend" is not allowed, you must personally hold the title in your name. They can join and post it themselves. This is my personal vehicle.
4) Please post the location of the vehicle being sold in the thread title. Noted in the title of my listing, as well as city, state at the bottom.
Odd, looked like the wrong section on mobile however, you cherry picked the rules.
2. No ebay links or auction style selling. This also means no 'describing' an ebay item or item number, PMing links to bid on eBay or similar sites; sell it here or sell it there, not both. This includes links to auctions and sales of items simply linked to other sites. If someone you are buying from (or responding to a WTB) PM's you with a request to go to ebay or other site to bid on their item, please forward the PM to a moderator.
Old 12-25-17, 08:11 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Odd, looked like the wrong section on mobile however, you cherry picked the rules.
2. No ebay links or auction style selling. This also means no 'describing' an ebay item or item number, PMing links to bid on eBay or similar sites; sell it here or sell it there, not both. This includes links to auctions and sales of items simply linked to other sites. If someone you are buying from (or responding to a WTB) PM's you with a request to go to ebay or other site to bid on their item, please forward the PM to a moderator.
Sorry you had a bad Christmas to come and try to make something of my sale ad. Let me clarify again for you.

1) I quoted number 1 through 4 on the "CAR FOR SALE AD" instructions. I didn't leave anything under those guidelines unquoted, cherry picking though. Gotcha.

2) I did not list an AUCTION STYLE LINK! Show me where I'm accepting bids on my car through CL? Auction or item #?
I stated, go quote it if you need to, THE CL LINK WAS FOR PICS! Instead of nitpicking the **** out of my ad, how about you host the pics since you have time for this? An I'll delete my link.

3) No way shape or form is the Craigslist link to alternate business, it pertains to EXACTLY this described vehicle, it is merely a reference for visual evidence of said product that I own. Any contact and interest of this is being addressed and conducted on this very forum, be it with a bull****ter who wants nothing but being the Chief when he's an Indian, or maybe someone who actually wants the car.

If a moderator has an issue, please contact me. If you have a suggestion for photo hosting to avoid the evil link above, please pm me the suggestion, I don't sell car's that often so I'm doing what is economical and fast. Otherwise, I fail to see once again, where I'm doing wrong here or where I lack the credibility to sell my vehicle on this forum. Thanks
Old 12-25-17, 08:18 PM
jgoorn
Driver

Sorry you had a bad Christmas to come and try to make something of my sale ad. Let me clarify again for you.

1) I quoted number 1 through 4 on the "CAR FOR SALE AD" instructions. I didn't leave anything under those guidelines unquoted, cherry picking though. Gotcha.

2) I did not list an AUCTION STYLE LINK! Show me where I'm accepting bids on my car through CL? Auction or item #?
I stated, go quote it if you need to, THE CL LINK WAS FOR PICS! Instead of nitpicking the **** out of my ad, how about you host the pics since you have time for this? An I'll delete my link.

3) No way shape or form is the Craigslist link to alternate business, it pertains to EXACTLY this described vehicle, it is merely a reference for visual evidence of said product that I own. Any contact and interest of this is being addressed and conducted on this very forum, be it with a bull****ter who wants nothing but being the Chief when he's an Indian, or maybe someone who actually wants the car.

If a moderator has an issue, please contact me. If you have a suggestion for photo hosting to avoid the evil link above, please pm me the suggestion, I don't sell car's that often so I'm doing what is economical and fast. Otherwise, I fail to see once again, where I'm doing wrong here or where I lack the credibility to sell my vehicle on this forum. Thanks
Wow, just because some of us read the rules doesn't mean that you need to get angry. Wouldn't have it been much easier to append the pictures to the posting and avoiding the link. Uploading pictures is the little picture button in the message board.
Old 12-25-17, 08:24 PM
08treefidd
Rookie

Wow, just because some of us read the rules doesn't mean that you need to get angry. Wouldn't have it been much easier to append the pictures to the posting and avoiding the link. Uploading pictures is the little picture button in the message board.
99% of forums I use do not let you drag directly from your hard drive. Hence my mention of not having access to a host. I don't care about uploading 12 pics to here instead of CL, but it was the persistence of my wrong doing in a seemingly harmless way that's annoying. If it just bothered you so much, feel free to PM me and ask me to upload them instead. We are all adults on here I assume trying to buy and sell vehicles, for the time I spent quoting and addressing your concerns, I could have done it already if you said that. Here is my point in an example sentence.

"Hey, cool 2IS, I don't think you can add exterior links like that. Any chance you can upload them to the forum through the reply taskbar instead of adding the link?"

From that simple message, I'd have looked and said, sure no problem. Have a good night.
Old 12-25-17, 08:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Folks, appreciate reading and following the posted rules but if you see a potential issue please use the report a post feature and let the moderator team review vs moderating yourself

A link to ebay isn’t allowed, but craigslist isn’t an auction site and If a price and details are all listed here instead of a link and run it’s fine to have the craigslist link for more details, pics etc

this one looks ok
The following users liked this post:
08treefidd (12-25-17)
Old 12-28-17, 04:43 PM
Ericspyder
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty transparent, so if you wanted this car, all info is provided here. Sorry if you hate reading.

I bought this about 5 months ago for a comfy "luxury" daily without killing the bank. I bought it from a Ferrari dealership in Oregon. The original owner traded the car in, with full service history including the notorious water pump (replaced) and alternator (replaced). It was clean, had all options, an I jumped on it the first day they listed it. Car was fully inspected by said dealership @ 72k miles, it now has 74k and I've gone through it extensively wherever I could justify maintenance.

2008 IS350. RWD.
Clean title, zero accidents or paint work
ML system, AFS lights, HID's, sport suspension, Luxury plus package, Navigation, DVD, heated/cooled seats. All options except adaptive cruise.

-I put new ceramic pads/drilled rotors on it 1500 miles ago, as well as F sport blue caliper paint
-Edit; also replaced both rear calipers (were seized) so that's done as well.
-New Rohana RC22 wheels (19's) with nice Hankook tires.
-IS-F style front grill insert to match bottom section
-IS-F WALD style rear wing
-CF wrap on window trim/console top
-All season mat's front and rear, trunk Lexus carpet mat
-New Amsoil oil change and rear diff 1k miles ago, OEM plugs, AEM filter at same time

Car has no dents, paint was treated with crystal serum and looks great (completed in September this year).

Olympia, WA
$16000
Your car is very nice, that what i'm looking for. But too bad, too far. i can't go up there to see it. Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-02-18, 09:41 AM
08treefidd
Rookie

Still available, lot's of out of state people contacting me through CL and forums. Nobody has committed yet, only one person looked locally yesterday. He wanted to combine loans and wasn't real convincing he was serious. I bought another project this weekend, ready to deal.