Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

GA One of a kind: 2005 LS 430 Blk/Blk with ML, Nav, 18"s and 75k MILES!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-18, 09:05 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One of a kind: 2005 LS 430 Blk/Blk with ML, Nav, 18"s and 75k MILES!

Hi Lexus Family,

I have decided to part with my 2005 Lexus LS 430 and wanted to post it here first before going to Autotrader, Craigslist or anywhere else.

I bought my LS as a second car a year ago when I was on the road two weekends a month for extended road trips. Why? It’s incredibly comfortable, gets great MPG on the highway and is super reliable. The only reason I’m getting rid of it now is that my life has changed to a point where I’m no longer in need of a great road trip car and my daily commute is only 15 miles round trip.

I have really loved this LS and have agonized over this decision for the last 3 months, but decided it’s time to post it up. So, the basics:

2005 Lexus LS 430
VIN: JTHBN36F855003843
Black Onyx on Black leather
ML Audio/Nav/Backup Camera
Parking Sensors
18” wheels
74,700 miles – yes, really.

Here is everything I know about this car, the good, bad and ugly:

I am the third owner and bought it from Nalley Lexus of Roswell a year ago for $12,825 OTD. The previous owner was exactly what you’d want and expect: an elderly woman whose husband had passed away, and she kept the car for 4-5 months before deciding to part with it. This car is really and truly a cream puff and that’s why I bought it.

Owner 1: 3 year lease

Owner 2: Purchase

The car’s history shows two accidents and I'm happy to share the Carfax and Autocheck from when I bought it.

2/24/2008: New Jersey doesn’t publish accident details so I cannot determine what happened here

1/19/2009: Accident reported involving left rear impact, moderate damage, no airbags deployed.

Now, I am a “never buy a car that’s been in an accident” type of guy, but considering the overall condition of this car, I was still interested. I used to work for Lexus corporate and also spent 4 years working in Lexus dealerships, so I had the car inspected by two certified Lexus master techs as well as two body repair techs who I trust greatly. All of the doors, hood and firewall have their original VIN stickers and original glass, meaning that whatever happened in New Jersey and the second accident was not so major that it required the replacement of body parts or panels. From what I heard, it seems that the second accident was likely a brake check that resulted in the front bumper/side panel of another vehicle hitting the back quarter panel of the LS. Most likely, the trunk lid was replaced and the side panel was fixed. Again, no airbags deployed. I asked all four of my referrals and personal friends– two master techs and two body shop techs if they would have ANY hesitation about purchasing this car and all of them independently said “no way – the frame and core of the car is good, it’s in great shape, and the fact that it has all original glass, doors, hood and firewall is a great sign. You have nothing to worry about.”

So… I bought it! At this time, the car had 64,750 miles on it… unheard of for an LS of this age.

Once I did, the car went through an extensive detail including claybar, dual stage polishing, waxing and sealing the entire exterior. The interior went through 3 rounds of leatherique treatment last summer and once so far this summer. The leather in this car feels new, and quite frankly, the rest of the interior looks new as well.

Since owning the car, I have made the following changes and updates:

1) Replaced all four wheels – which had minor curb rash – with new OEM wheels with less/no curb rash. (I’m a perfectionist) Cost: $975

2) Purchased four brand new Michelin PREMIER A/S - SIZE: 245/45R18 tires (this is Tire Rack’s highest rated tire for this car and I LOVE them): $1,200.

3) Installed Vaistech USB/iPhone adapter. $340

4) Purchased two new OEM keys and had them programmed. $550

5) Installed 3M “Color Stable” Carbon Ceramic tint on all 5 windows. $300

6) Had the timing belt and water pump service done, which also included:

a. Timing belt replacement

b. Water pump replacement

c. (All) O rings replacd

d. Coolant flushed

e. Crank seal replacement

f. Air induction service

g. Replaced a door lock actuator on the passenger side

h. Cleaned Mass air flow sensor

i. Charged A/C system

j. Replaced a section of the exhaust system that had a leak

k. Cost: $1,500

The car is also garaged both at work and at home, is detailed regularly and has a sun visor if it is ever parked outside.

If you haven’t gotten the picture already, I am truly a perfectionist with my cars and like to have everything as “perfect” as it can be. With that said, there are three little areas that need help:

1) The steering wheel motor that moves up and down needs to be replaced. I just haven’t gotten around to it. Est cost: $250

2) The top outer portion of the passenger side tail light is burnt out and needs to be replaced. Common for this age. Est cost: $180 on ebay

3) The NIGHT I bought the car, some @sshole brushed up against the front bumper in a parking lot. I couldn’t believe it. There are a few cosmetic scratches on the front driver’s side of the bumper, but even the parking sensor still works. At some point, a perfectionist will want to replace the front bumper but they’re not expensive. Est cost: $350.

This car has never had any type of issue or unscheduled repair while I have owned it. It is truly flawless aside from the few issues above, especially mechanically. With the Vaistech unit and 3M tint, the car is “current” and will last many more years into the future.

When I pull in to get gas in this car, MOST times someone compliments it or asks if they can buy it. Same for when I take it in for service. This is really a “cream puff” LS that has insanely low miles and you likely won’t find another like it. Headlights are 98% clear with a beautiful light pattern - no dull or yellow plastic. Body of the car is in great shape - paint is awesome, two very small door dings that would be easy to fix, but that's it.

The interior of this car is the nicest of any LS 430 I've seen, and I searched for 6 months before purchasing this one. There is no sun damage on the wood and no scratches on the center console/screen area. Leather looks and feels new. Again, this is the nicest car I found after 6 months of searching and being a self proclaimed perfectionist.

KBB lists the Private Party Value as $10,470 to $13,300. I bought the car for $12,825 and have nearly $18k in it with the maintenance, tint, tires, wheels and other updates noted above. I’ve only put 10k miles on the car in a year, all of them highway, and completed the single biggest service for the next 90k miles. It’s in better shape cosmetically and mechanically now than when I bought it a year ago.

Asking $13,000 OBO. Open to offers. Please email Michael.a.pannone@gmail.comif you’re interested… I’ll be faster there than on PMs here.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 07-12-18 at 09:56 AM.