LFA Model (2012)

LF-A exotic sports car concept to be premiered at NAIAS Jan, 9th, 2005-PICS PG 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-04, 04:37 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LF-A exotic sports car concept to be premiered at NAIAS Jan, 9th, 2005-PICS PG 3

"Lexus will stage the world premiere of its LF-A exotic sports car concept vehicle at a press conference during the North American International Auto Show on Sunday, January 9, 2005. The LF-A was designed to explore the outer limits of sports car performance, while showcasing a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand."

Story and details can be found here.

FYI, there are no pics.

Last edited by LexFather; 12-13-04 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-13-04, 05:11 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

This makes me very excited.
Old 12-13-04, 05:27 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
This makes me very excited.
Yes, this then might make my prediciton true. A Lexus exotic sports car and the super saloon. Excellent!
Old 12-13-04, 05:45 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Yes, this then might make my prediciton true. A Lexus exotic sports car and the super saloon. Excellent!
You and I are like Pinky and The Brain.

"What is Lexus going to do tomorrow, Mike?"
"They're going to take over the world, Adrian!"

Old 12-13-04, 06:52 PM
DeucesWild
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So does this mean that the car they were testing at Nurburgring won't be the Supra after all? Maybe it will have a UZ series engine with GE heads.
Old 12-13-04, 07:15 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by DeucesWild
So does this mean that the car they were testing at Nurburgring won't be the Supra after all? Maybe it will have a UZ series engine with GE heads.
There have been 2 mayne 3 test mules so far. None look alike. The Volta shows signs possibly.
Old 12-13-04, 07:55 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

so no LX or LS re-design?
hmm
Old 12-13-04, 07:58 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Pretty sure that the GS and IS will be new for '06 and the LS, SC, and ES will be all new for '07. Maybe we'll see them at next years NAIAS.

-Michael-
Old 12-13-04, 08:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by DeucesWild
To date, there is no V type engine with G heads...they're all F heads. The current G head (true twin cam head architecture) engines are inline like the familiar...4A-GE/GZE, 3S-GE/GTE, 1JZ and 2JZ-GE/GTE, 2ZZ-GE.
Old 12-13-04, 09:01 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I can't believe that we are all going to have to sit here for almost a MONTH and post our brains out, anticipate, speculate, and deliberate before we even get a glimpse of the car.

I might sue Lexus for emotional distress...

-Michael-
Old 12-15-04, 10:39 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now although I'm pumped about this I'm not going to get my hopes too high. This is going to be a concept, so my guess is that it will pass down its attributes down to the entire Lexus line.

"The LF-A was designed to explore the outer limits of sports car performance, while showcasing a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand."

By exploring Lexus is just going to make a statement about their brand name and direction they will go, not too sure if this will be an exact model of the super car or salloon that is soo much talked about here.

James
Old 12-15-04, 01:35 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

New info from Autoweek... and they have pics of what everybody thought was the next Supra.

"Lexus going exotic?

Lexus is using the Detroit show to showcase a departure from its cushy, luxury image in the form of its LF-A sports car concept, featuring V10 performance and a design that will signal a new direction in styling for Toyota’s Lexus brand. The car we caught testing recently (and shown in these photos) now looks as though it was early engineering mule of the LF-A. The car is said to have a 500-hp, 370-lb-ft V10-mill under the hood, weigh less than 3000 pounds and to be able to hit a top speed of 190 mph. Pricing will be in excess of $100,000 for one of an estimated 12,000 that Toyota/Lexus plans to produce."
Old 12-15-04, 01:36 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus going exotic?

Lexus is using the Detroit show to showcase a departure from its cushy, luxury image in the form of its LF-A sports car concept, featuring V10 performance and a design that will signal a new direction in styling for Toyota’s Lexus brand.

The car we caught testing recently (and shown in these photos) now looks as though it was early engineering mule of the LF-A. The car is said to have a 500-hp, 370-lb-ft V10-mill under the hood, weigh less than 3000 pounds and to be able to hit a top speed of 190 mph. Pricing will be in excess of $100,000 for one of an estimated 12,000 that Toyota/Lexus plans to produce.

Lexus will also show a refreshed version of its GX 470 luxury and an RX 330 Thundercloud limited edition appearance package.
Old 12-15-04, 01:43 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by jet864
Now although I'm pumped about this I'm not going to get my hopes too high. This is going to be a concept, so my guess is that it will pass down its attributes down to the entire Lexus line.

"The LF-A was designed to explore the outer limits of sports car performance, while showcasing a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand."

By exploring Lexus is just going to make a statement about their brand name and direction they will go, not too sure if this will be an exact model of the super car or salloon that is soo much talked about here.

James
I might agree with you if we hadn't seen Toyota/Lexus sports car prototypes going around Nurburgring. Could just be my wishful thinking, but the fact that there have been a few prototypes making the rounds makes me think that there is more in store for the LF-A than just a turntable.

-Michael-
Old 12-15-04, 02:13 PM
LexFather

I think a few of us stated this. The car at the Nurburing looked mid-engined almost. OMG, if this does become reality

And I have a strong feeling the price will very much underscore the competition. Lexus has always offered the same for less money. Period. V-10 means its taking on the Gallardo and new F430 Ferrari. If Ford can shock people with how well the GT performs, Lexus can do the same.

Finally, I wonder if this V-10 will make it to other cars? The new super-sedan for instance? Or ala BMW drop a V-10 in the GS.

Last edited by LexFather; 12-15-04 at 02:19 PM.

Quick Reply: LF-A exotic sports car concept to be premiered at NAIAS Jan, 9th, 2005-PICS PG 3