LFA Model (2012)

Lexus to debut the production LF-A at Tokyo with V10 toyota power !

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05 | 05:28 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

since they are showing the concept...i guess that means no production LS...oh well

it's all good

but it'll probably be looking very production-like
Old 10-12-05 | 08:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
Just because F1 is switching to v-8 engines does not mean the LF-A has to also change to a v-8 instead of a v-10. A open wheeled F1 car is totally different then road cars like a LF-A so I don't think people are going to complain that they are not similiar enough when there will really be very little if anything in common with these 2 types of cars besides some shared technology applied to a road car. A road car styled like an F1 car is going to look odd and performance wise it would have to be super light weight with a insanely high reving engine which would be pretty much impossible to apply to a road car with emissions and mpg standards. Many people are dissapointed that F1 is going to smaller v-8 engines anyway. I am glad they are going to go with a v-10 in the LF-A because Japanese cars need to explore more exotic and powerful powerplants and it and the new NSX will be the first Japanese cars to employ these engines. V-8s are just too common to really cause alot of excitement and make big headlines for a supercar and if it uses a v-8 people may just think it is a SC replacement with a huge pricetag since they both will be front engined rear drive v-8 2 doors. Many people related the NSX to a F1 car because of all the technology, precision handling, lightweight exotic materials and high reving engine yet it used a tuned v-6 and will be using a v-10 that are not used or will be used in F1 at the time of release. I think with the NSX and LF-A getting v-10s Japanese sports cars are going to be getting much more respect from their European competition and the general public.

Good point, if Honda makes the NSX, they state it will be V-10 powered which is funny b/c they don't have a V-8 nor will have one for sometime.
Old 10-12-05 | 09:41 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
since they are showing the concept...i guess that means no production LS...oh well

it's all good

but it'll probably be looking very production-like
Yeah, it used to be with the LS 400 that they had something to prove, and so the first unveiling was the LS 400 itself...all secrecy until the big reveal.

But now, L-Finesse seems to be an effort to give Lexus more 'artistic credibility' and they seem to follow a deliberate strategy of concept--final reveal...

LF-S reveal =====> 3G GS

LF-C reveal =====> 2G IS

Flagship concept reveal =====> 4G LS

The one exception would be the ES, which is twin-birthed alongside the Camry.

I actually like the concept-final reveal process for the sedans, more dramatic now, and Lexus has proven itself and doesn't need to hold its cards until the final reveal...so a few bits of info here and there...
Old 10-13-05 | 07:39 AM
saleem
Pole Position

guys I just found this over at carspyshots.net if the big concept they are showing is indeed a LS concept and not a uber lexus sort of like a maybach then what is this below ?

Old 10-13-05 | 07:50 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Good point, if Honda makes the NSX, they state it will be V-10 powered which is funny b/c they don't have a V-8 nor will have one for sometime.
I wonder if the NSX and the V-10 statement by Honda is at all on Toyota's mind...

And what's this about an L600? I've never heard of this.
Old 10-13-05 | 10:12 AM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by saleem
guys I just found this over at carspyshots.net if the big concept they are showing is indeed a LS concept and not a uber lexus sort of like a maybach then what is this below ?

According to another thread, it is the new ES.
Old 10-13-05 | 11:25 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Or possibly the new LS...
Old 10-13-05 | 11:43 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by enigma354
Look at the rear door. I don't think it's nearly large enough to be even the SWB LS.
Old 10-13-05 | 11:58 AM
Koma
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Look at the rear door. I don't think it's nearly large enough to be even the SWB LS.
The windshield in my opinion is too raked to be the new LS.
Another thing the rear door sits over the rear wheels ensuing that this is the ES. The LS usually has the doors sitting slightly in front of or barely on top of the rear wheels. From the photo the rear doors are far on top the rear wheels. Trunk is a bit too stout. And the front curves down too far. The LS traditonally has a large front fascia where as the ES slopes down towards the headlight area.
Old 10-13-05 | 12:03 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I agree, the image looks closer to the ES. In fact, I hope it is the new ES...since this shot looks close to the current ES, just L-Finessed (the L-logo has returned on top of the grille).

Only that the site which this pic was posted on said this was the LS...maybe not then! Maybe it was a test model with different wheels and no panorama roof, tested in conjunction with the other ES tester with both those features.
Old 10-13-05 | 12:03 PM
xioix
Racer
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by enigma354
or the camry
Old 10-13-05 | 12:23 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Come to think of it, maybe the other similar 'ES' pic with the panoramic roof is a camry prototype (more angular) and this is the ES prototype...looks similar...
Attached Thumbnails Lexus to debut the production LF-A at Tokyo with V10 toyota power !-es-330.jpg  
Old 10-13-05 | 01:20 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I'm thinking that these are two different cars. Look at the beltline on both, and then the kink behind the read windows on one and not on the other. Also, the front ends look quite different.

vs.

Old 10-13-05 | 01:51 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Agreed, perhaps the top one is the LS and the bottom the ES (as the Hollyw. Rep. site said)...although for some reason the more 'straight-angled' bottom shot makes me think it is the Camry and the above the ES. The trunk is misleading....
Old 10-13-05 | 02:08 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Here are some things I noticed...could be completely off though. Not sure. The first car looks almost like it could be an IS with heavy trunk camo but who knows.

Quick Reply: Lexus to debut the production LF-A at Tokyo with V10 toyota power !