LFA Model (2012)

Lexus to debut the production LF-A at Tokyo with V10 toyota power !

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 12:23 PM
saleem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus to debut the production LF-A at Tokyo with V10 toyota power !

The LF-A
A premium, two-seater sports car designed to open the doors to Lexus' world of passionate driving

- The LF-A is designed around the "L-finesse" design concept, aiming to be the embodiment of a high performance coupe.
- The engine bay is fitted with a newly developed, high-output V10 engine that takes driving into a different dimension.

Total length: 4,400mm
Total width: 1,860mm
Total height: 1,220mm
Seating Capacity: Two

I received this this morning from someone at my350z.com I hope its true
Old 10-12-05, 12:26 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Hmmm...i read that they will be showing the same LF-A that we seen in the USA in Japan since it debuted here. But you nver know. Toyota/Lexus sure is the sneaky type.

Also, I thought that F1 is switching to V8 engines?? Or is that still up for debate.
Old 10-12-05, 12:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by saleem
The LF-A
A premium, two-seater sports car designed to open the doors to Lexus' world of passionate driving

- The LF-A is designed around the "L-finesse" design concept, aiming to be the embodiment of a high performance coupe.
- The engine bay is fitted with a newly developed, high-output V10 engine that takes driving into a different dimension.

I received this this morning from someone at my350z.com I hope its true
Hmm, the production LF-A? We'll see
Old 10-12-05, 12:29 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's probably the same concept car we have already seen but maybe they decided on the engine.

This came from Toyota press release so why not mention LS concept too. Here is the glimpse at LS from Toyots site

Old 10-12-05, 12:36 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good to me.
Old 10-12-05, 12:46 PM
saleem
Pole Position

here is the official press release from Toyota I guess we are still not sure about the LF-A being production but it seems to confirm the V-10 power plant this is all from the japanese Toyota site in english thanks to Vladi above who pointed us in the right direction.

October 12, 2005

Lexus to Display 'Flagship Sedan Concept Car' at Tokyo Motor Show
Along with GS450h and LF-A Concept Cars

Tokyo, October 12, 2005 — Lexus announced today that it plans to display its "Flagship Sedan Concept Car" and two other new concept vehicles; the GS450h, a premium sedan fitted with a newly developed hybrid system, and the LF-A, a premium, two-seater sports car, at the 39th Tokyo Motor Show. The show will be open to the public from October 22 to November 6 at the International Convention Complex (Makuhari Messe) in Makuhari, Chiba.

With its "pursuit of perfection" philosophy, Lexus strives to provide the highest-quality products with an unparalleled purchasing and after-sales service experience. Lexus is also aiming to become the new global premium brand for the 21st century through continued, uncompromised efforts in all aspects of development, production and sales, making every moment for its customers filled with exhilaration and comfort.

Further details of the concept cars to be displayed are shown below.

The "Flagship Sedan Concept Car"
(Details to be announced on Wednesday, October 19th during a press briefing at the Lexus exhibit)

The "Flagship Sedan Concept Car"

The GS450h
A premium sedan with a new hybrid system especially developed for front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layouts and aimed at achieving new levels of superior environmental and driving performance befitting a luxury vehicle

▪ A 3.5-liter, V6 gasoline engine fitted with the new D-4S fuel injection system couples with a high-output electric motor in pursuit of providing 2.0-liter class fuel economy and the output of a 4.5-liter engine, pointing to the direction of powertrains required for premium vehicles.
▪ The GS450h uses cutting-edge technology, such as VDIM, which stabilizes the vehicle's movement, and a Pre-crash Safety System that reacts in accordance with the direction of the driver's face.
▪ An electronically controlled, six-speed automatic transmission relays the power in this rear-drive vehicle.

Total length: 4,825mm
Total width: 1,820mm
Total height: 1,430mm
Seating Capacity: Five

The LF-A

▪ The LF-A is designed around the "L-finesse" design concept, aiming to be the embodiment of a high performance coupe.
▪ The engine bay is fitted with a newly developed, high-output V10 engine that takes driving into a different dimension.

Old 10-12-05, 01:11 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

F1 will go to V8 power next season...
Old 10-12-05, 01:19 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This was on another thread, but there are 6 World Premiere cars by Toyota that will be introduced in the Tokyo Show:

1) Fine-X -- fuel-cell concept
2) Estima Hybrid -- van concept
3) LS460/LS600h or Scion bB concept (I wish they show the LS460 instead of a Scion...)
4) LF-A V10 -- perhaps the actual production model
5) GS450h -- actual production model
6) "Flagship Sedan Concept" -- so will this be a Lexus or Toyota?

Any confirmed info? Any thoughts?
Old 10-12-05, 01:53 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Whoa "Flagship Sedan Concept Car"...not sure if they mean the LS600h or...L600, the rumored new flagship sedan above the LS!!?

Yeah, the fact that they no longer refer to the LF-A as a concept might just mean that it's becoming production-ready!!
Old 10-12-05, 03:15 PM
MarkW2005

when do you think we can see the pics?
Old 10-12-05, 03:29 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Gee... only 10 more days to go before we can stop speculating.
Old 10-12-05, 04:06 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Hmmm...i read that they will be showing the same LF-A that we seen in the USA in Japan since it debuted here. But you nver know. Toyota/Lexus sure is the sneaky type.

Also, I thought that F1 is switching to V8 engines?? Or is that still up for debate.
Just because F1 is switching to v-8 engines does not mean the LF-A has to also change to a v-8 instead of a v-10. A open wheeled F1 car is totally different then road cars like a LF-A so I don't think people are going to complain that they are not similiar enough when there will really be very little if anything in common with these 2 types of cars besides some shared technology applied to a road car. A road car styled like an F1 car is going to look odd and performance wise it would have to be super light weight with a insanely high reving engine which would be pretty much impossible to apply to a road car with emissions and mpg standards. Many people are dissapointed that F1 is going to smaller v-8 engines anyway. I am glad they are going to go with a v-10 in the LF-A because Japanese cars need to explore more exotic and powerful powerplants and it and the new NSX will be the first Japanese cars to employ these engines. V-8s are just too common to really cause alot of excitement and make big headlines for a supercar and if it uses a v-8 people may just think it is a SC replacement with a huge pricetag since they both will be front engined rear drive v-8 2 doors. Many people related the NSX to a F1 car because of all the technology, precision handling, lightweight exotic materials and high reving engine yet it used a tuned v-6 and will be using a v-10 that are not used or will be used in F1 at the time of release. I think with the NSX and LF-A getting v-10s Japanese sports cars are going to be getting much more respect from their European competition and the general public.
Old 10-12-05, 05:04 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vladi
It's probably the same concept car we have already seen but maybe they decided on the engine.

This came from Toyota press release so why not mention LS concept too. Here is the glimpse at LS from Toyots site

That headlight is HOT!! I now have no doubt the final car will stun a lot of people and make the new S and 7 look dated in comparison. Such an awesome teaser really makes waiting for the unveiling of the next LS that much harder dammit.
Old 10-12-05, 05:12 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Yeah, the fact that they no longer refer to the LF-A as a concept might just mean that it's becoming production-ready!!
Oops the title of the PR clearly says the LF-A is still a concept car, probably meaning no change at all. Just hope it'll eventually be given the greenlight to production.
Lexus to Display 'Flagship Sedan Concept Car' at Tokyo Motor Show
Along with GS450h and LF-A Concept Cars
Old 10-12-05, 05:25 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Just because F1 is switching to v-8 engines does not mean the LF-A has to also change to a v-8 instead of a v-10. A open wheeled F1 car is totally different then road cars like a LF-A so I don't think people are going to complain that they are not similiar enough when there will really be very little if anything in common with these 2 types of cars besides some shared technology applied to a road car. A road car styled like an F1 car is going to look odd and performance wise it would have to be super light weight with a insanely high reving engine which would be pretty much impossible to apply to a road car with emissions and mpg standards. Many people are dissapointed that F1 is going to smaller v-8 engines anyway. I am glad they are going to go with a v-10 in the LF-A because Japanese cars need to explore more exotic and powerful powerplants and it and the new NSX will be the first Japanese cars to employ these engines. V-8s are just too common to really cause alot of excitement and make big headlines for a supercar and if it uses a v-8 people may just think it is a SC replacement with a huge pricetag since they both will be front engined rear drive v-8 2 doors. Many people related the NSX to a F1 car because of all the technology, precision handling, lightweight exotic materials and high reving engine yet it used a tuned v-6 and will be using a v-10 that are not used or will be used in F1 at the time of release. I think with the NSX and LF-A getting v-10s Japanese sports cars are going to be getting much more respect from their European competition and the general public.

Thanks for your response. You gave a lot more info than I asked. However, the reason why I asked was becuase back in January when the LF-A was introduced in Detroit, the Lexus Press Release said that the LF-A if built, would come with either a V8 or V10. It wasnt definite at that time because the engine used in the LF-A is going to based on the engine in the F1 cars. If F1 stayed with the V10 then the LF-A would be V10. If F1 went with V8(which is what you say), then the LF-A would go V8. Which is why I was at first doubting the credibility of the first post.

But if Lexus completely changed there minds, and is staying with the V10, then I think that is great. I too believe that this car deserves a V10 instead of a very common V8.

Quick Reply: Lexus to debut the production LF-A at Tokyo with V10 toyota power !