Search this Thread

Old 01-07-06, 12:46 PM
LexFather

Default From the LA auto show

Old 01-07-06, 01:20 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh, the rear shot reminds me of a giant electric razor with those fans and perforated metal covers.
Old 01-07-06, 02:27 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This has got to be the ugliest lexus ever
Old 01-07-06, 02:30 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

i saw this at the taste of lexus back in september
Old 01-07-06, 07:47 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slap on some deep dish Work Rezax on them
Old 01-09-06, 01:40 PM
st-187
Driver School Candidate

What the hell are those fans underneath the tail light for? Possibly for the wine and cheese cooler
Old 01-10-06, 06:41 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by st-187
What the hell are those fans underneath the tail light for? Possibly for the wine and cheese cooler
Relocated radiator. Those are fans for the radiator. That's why everyone thought it was a midmount or rear mount.
Old 01-16-06, 05:52 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
Relocated radiator. Those are fans for the radiator. That's why everyone thought it was a midmount or rear mount.
From the moment I saw the concept pics I always thought it was a front engine RWD car. Just looking at it you can tell there is just no room for an engine back there or even midship. There are mid engine cars with the radiator up front where it can get a lot of cool air so I personally still can't see the reason why Lexus would put the radiators back there. The more I look at this car and all the new latest pictures (Even if they are of the same car) the more I dislike its looks. I'm sure it will perform great, but boy is it an ugly car.
Old 01-16-06, 12:04 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
From the moment I saw the concept pics I always thought it was a front engine RWD car. Just looking at it you can tell there is just no room for an engine back there or even midship. There are mid engine cars with the radiator up front where it can get a lot of cool air so I personally still can't see the reason why Lexus would put the radiators back there. The more I look at this car and all the new latest pictures (Even if they are of the same car) the more I dislike its looks. I'm sure it will perform great, but boy is it an ugly car.
I think it's hot but to each his own.
I forget why the decided to play the radiators back there. The V10 could be really large. I'm still hoping for a mid-ship. Toyota always has things up there sleeves!
Old 01-19-06, 11:20 AM
Sup
Driver

I think you guys need to stop worrying about the front, it will look something like this (which I think is very HOT). If you compare this front end with the spy shots you can seen the same design features under the camo.

price wise, the car should not cost more than the BMW M6 if it is a hardtop coupe. If it has a folding metal roof then it is understandable if it costs more, however I have a hard time believing the car will sell if it costs more than the M6.

in this pic you can see the similarities, the shape and angle of the front, the little intake vents under the headlights, the turn signals, and the lower lip. Obviously the rendition won't look exactly the same as the actual production car, but I do think it will look very similar.

Last edited by Sup; 01-19-06 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-19-06, 11:33 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Sup
I think you guys need to stop worrying about the front, it will look something like this (which I think is very HOT). If you compare this front end with the spy shots you can seen the same design features under the camo.

price wise, the car should not cost more than the BMW M6 if it is a hardtop coupe. If it has a folding metal roof then it is understandable if it costs more, however I have a hard time believing the car will sell if it costs more than the M6.

I don't remember reading about it being a convertible, but doesn't "SPYDER" mean that it is a convertible ??? Like eclipse, 3000GT, F360.....?
Old 01-19-06, 11:40 AM
Sup
Driver

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I don't remember reading about it being a convertible, but doesn't "SPYDER" mean that it is a convertible ??? Like eclipse, 3000GT, F360.....?

yea a convertible, the latest spy pics on page 2 show the mule with the roof off.
Old 01-19-06, 11:58 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Sup
yea a convertible, the latest spy pics on page 2 show the mule with the roof off.
Thank you.
Foolish me
I knew it had to be a convertible. I guess I was looking way too hard to find where the convertible folding lines are in this picture:
Attached Thumbnails Spy Shots: LF-A Spyder!!!-lfa.jpg  
Old 01-19-06, 01:41 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

The LF-A is just plain FUGLY. Those ugly rims look like cheap hubcaps that are sold at Pepboys.

This design reminds me a lot of BMW's Bangle designs, lots of sharp character lines that lead nowhere.
Old 02-08-06, 09:50 AM
b1ackhawk
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Thank you for saying that. I agree. I still don't know what "L-Finesse" means. Seems more like "L-Bee-Esse"
Yeah, L-Fugliness
What a joke.
Hopefully lexus will make a roadster and return to a real coupe with the SC instead of a roadster with half a seat wedged in the back.

Quick Reply: Spy Shots: LF-A Spyder!!!