LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 01:42 PM
LexFather

They really need those old heads to retire if they continue to KILL every single sports/sporty car.

How can the entire brands sportiest car be the 60k IS-F? Toyota has nothing, the Scion tC is cute.

For Toyota I really could care less. I am a Lexus man . I want this LF-A produced so someone that can afford it can buy it

And I will tell Lexus like I tell Acura, stop with this crap and build it.

Old 08-28-08, 02:53 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I truly am beginning to think that Lexus is totally content with being the plush, luxury brand for older buyers with loot. They have to be careful or they will end up being seen as Cadillac was seen for a long time as the "old farts luxury-boat brand". Thankfully Caddy is turning that image around, but can/will Lexus ?
Old 08-28-08, 04:14 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Stop with this crap and build it.
After all those press releases and such, they are now scrapping the LF-A?
Old 08-28-08, 04:29 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

What's LF-A?
Old 08-28-08, 05:48 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STIG
What's LF-A?

Lexus had a car like that in the making??

WHO KNEW ABOUT THIS AND DIDN'T TELL ME1@?#@#??
Old 08-28-08, 05:53 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

It's not called "Rumer Mill" for nothing. I'd say this was done to just stir up controversy. There was no verifiable information and certainly nothing from Toyota/Lexus.

I'll wait to hear from them before I jump off the cliff and then even not panic. It would be a shame to not see a super car from them, they'd sell what ever limited production they make and continue to develop the car even if it's not a Ferrari/Lambo beater.
Old 08-28-08, 06:21 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That is ashame if it is true and I have unfortunately read from some other sources that said the same thing that the LFA was pretty much cancelled for production as well as the supposed upcoming rwd Supra replacement due to fuel prices. I could kind of see this coming though when I read the price was going to be over 200K for the LFA which would have pretty much assured its failure in the marketplace as that is just way too much for a Lexus and a sports car to come out of nowhere plus there was the issue of it needed to beat all these other cars that will cost much less and them waiting for final specs on the new NSX and GTR V and pushing back the production date. I had high hopes for this car and it was going to be exciting. I hope Acura does not go down the same route with the new NSX/ASC and it becomes to expensive to be marketable. Toyota and its beancounters are just not going to be enthusiastic about a 200K+ supercar that is most likely going to sell in extremely small numbers especially when Lexus is generally known much more for soft plush luxury cruisers and not high performance enthusiasts machines.
Who knows, they may still sell it but it is still looking to be a 200K+ car which is not good.

Lexus is probably better off spending the money and adding a v12 option for the LS, a large luxury coupe to go after the Merc CL and Aston Martin, or even a larger real high end sedan above the LS to compete with Maybach, Bentley, Rolls Royce.
Old 08-28-08, 07:08 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahh gan-san. you tell it like it is. now if only we could get honda to ship us some type r models.
Old 08-28-08, 09:14 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gshb
ahh gan-san. you tell it like it is. now if only we could get honda to ship us some type r models.
Yes, because there are so many new type r models right now and Honda's line up is sooooooo sporty.
Old 08-29-08, 10:11 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JHStrange
It's not called "Rumer Mill" for nothing. I'd say this was done to just stir up controversy. There was no verifiable information and certainly nothing from Toyota/Lexus.

I'll wait to hear from them before I jump off the cliff and then even not panic. It would be a shame to not see a super car from them, they'd sell what ever limited production they make and continue to develop the car even if it's not a Ferrari/Lambo beater.
Exactly.

I can't believe so many people here are believing every single rumor about the LF-A, and this includes certain members on this board that have insider information with regards to future Lexus products.

The LF-A *IS COMING*. Just because Toyota has not said a word about it means nothing. The LF-A is listed as an "F" car on the Lexus Japan website, even though it's only a concept. What other "proof" do people need that the car is coming?

With every new rumor that comes out, and every time CL members take it as complete truth I will continually bring up the point that with the 1st gen LS400, MK4 Supra, and 1st Gen Prius, there was NO indication of the production vehicles or the timeframe when they would hit showrooms until only months before.

In other words, the LS400, MK4 Supra, and Gen 1 Prius were arguably some of Toyota's most important and game-changing vehicles, and they were ALL announced and revealed to the market unexpectedly and by surprise. Even the IS-F was revealed by surprise as most people were not expecting it.

It would be naive to think that Toyota is not using the same strategy for the LF-A reveal.
Old 08-29-08, 09:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

'f' in this case stands for 'f'ar o'ff' in the 'f'uture...
Old 08-30-08, 09:46 PM
LexFather

RARE PHOTOS and ARTICLE ON THE LF-A!!!

The September CAR mag (Borders/Barnes and Nobles etc, $10.25+) has a SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT in this issue.

MAKE SURE your issue has the supplement. Its about the ULTIMATE SPORTSCARS.

Lexus LF-A on page 10-12. RARE b/c it is EXCLUSIVELY for CAR at the West India Quay. The pics are superb.

The article title is

"The inside story of the worlds slowest supercar"

FYI Lexus gets pretty much no love in Europe outside of being well built and the IS-F, so not surprised by the smartass title (though they have a point).

THey state public go ahead is within 12 months.

They say the hybrid is ruled out.

Of course they talk about its poor showing at the 24 hours of the Ring race (which was for development) and nothing on its 7:26 or so run.....

Like many of us, they feel the car needs to be sold already, its going on 3+ years now.....

Old 09-05-08, 10:03 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

2009 IS-F:

LF-A:

Almost identical silver ring surrounds. Looks like a hint of things to come, as in the production LF-A.
Old 09-05-08, 10:12 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

LF-A:
Old 09-06-08, 02:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
2009 IS-F:
Here's a pre-production 2008. Nothing has changed for 09 in the instrument panel. The silver rings have always been there on the speedo and tach since January 2007.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)