LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-08, 07:44 PM
LexFather

Thanks for posting Paul.

Old 12-29-08, 10:32 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gvies me some time to try and make money from the stock market... **** buying a house/condo this is the first thing im buying and a tank of gas
Old 02-02-09, 09:44 PM
LexFather

A couple of things.
2009 Lexus brochure has a full page on the LF-A and says it "might" be the next "F" model.
Also I never noticed the "Remote Touch in pics" in the LF-A until now. Just like in the RX/HS.....
Also notice the interior changes. From teh first car, to the 2nd one to the roadster (red interior)

Last edited by LexFather; 02-02-09 at 09:47 PM.

Old 02-02-09, 09:48 PM
LexFather

^^^^You can see the clear difference in the interior philosophy. The first one has a lot of buttons and probably a touchscreen NAV. The updated ones have the Remote Touch and less buttons on the dash.

Old 02-02-09, 11:06 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes indeed, and the interior keeps getting better.

BTW, I claim credit for predicting the Remote Touch system and ID'ing it in the LF-A Roadster in my thread here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...en-system.html

It's kinda neat how Lexus had the system, or at least part of it, out in the open and still beat the competition into offering it months later. Having tested Remote Touch briefly, I like its application, if not completely sold (need more experience), but IMO this is the perfect way to return to Lexus' classic leadership in simplicity and cabin ergonomics.

BTW, had a chance to see the LF-A Roadster in person a few weeks back and it is even more gorgeous in person. More than one commenter I overheard was saying, "Forget about Mercedes--look at this!"
Old 02-09-09, 10:05 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is my first Lexus rumor.

I was at Newport Beach to service my car but they didn't have any loaners so I let them wash it while I went to go have some fun in the IS-F. DAMN it was fun!

I came back and my service consultant asked me if I liked it and I said yea it's nice, too bad there isn't an F coupe or I'd buy it right now, then he told me "well you know, the SC430 is going out of production later on and it will be replaced by the LF-A, the LF-A was scheduled to go into production in 09 but because of the economy, they've delayed it to possibly 2010. I pretended like I didn't know and asked how much, he said in a confident manner, "around $80k".

Based on his supposed knowledge, I am extremely excited to get in an LF-A, even if the price was 200k, I would still pay the price to get one.

What do you guys think? I think a $80k price tag sense if the sc430 is getting phased out but I don't want to get my hopes too high just yet.

I've always wanted the sc430 but the technology in the GS (at the time) was so much more advanced than the other Lexus that I decided to wait for a new coupe that was crammed with all of the newest advanced features.
Old 02-09-09, 10:11 AM
LexFather

There will be 2 seperate cars. The new SC and the LF-A and they will not be related. Thanks for the info though looks like the next SC will debut at a motor show soon.

Old 02-09-09, 10:14 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Will there even be a 3rd-gen SC?

It was my understanding that Lexus was going to let the IS C become a de facto SC replacement...
Old 02-09-09, 10:24 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I figured since Newport Lexus is the biggest most expensive facility, their customer service is extremely great that their information would be somewhat accurate.

Are there any articles or pictures regarding this new SC? for what model year will it be debuting as? 2010?

I'm looking to pick up a sports car this year, the new MB E coupe, Audi S5 are on the list and if there is a new SC coming out, that will definitely be on the list and I prefer Lexus.

Any new insider information on the LF-A? I can't wait!
Old 02-09-09, 11:29 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jruhi4

It was my understanding that Lexus was going to let the IS C become a de facto SC replacement...
The IS 250C/350C will be an entry level coupe from Lexus. The IS C will have a 2.5 liter or 3.5 liter V6. The IS is entry level sport which competes with the BMW 3 Series.

The current SC 430 is a mid-level vehicle with a 4.3 liter V8. The SC 430 is not an entry level vehicle. From the sound of the service advisor at Newport Lexus an $80K coupe coming from Lexus sounds like an SC 460 is coming.

The LF-A is an exotic sports car from Lexus and is suppose to be selling from $150k up to $300k...The LF-A is no SC...
Old 02-09-09, 11:53 PM
ren495
Pole Position

man, I sure hope there is a new SC coming. I'm sceptical because they said they would cancel it and we have not heard anything from toyota about a new car, but a man can hope, right?
Old 03-01-09, 01:26 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, people may want to call this speculation but I was talking to a person very much in the know yesterday and he "confirmed" that the LF-A will be here in 2011. And the price will be a little bit less than $200K. Also power figures are not yet confirmed but should be around 550hp. Anyway, take that info as you want.
Old 03-01-09, 06:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by jruhi4

The IS C will NEVER be a de facto replacement for the SC, they are not in the same class at all.
Old 03-01-09, 10:43 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Ok, people may want to call this speculation but I was talking to a person very much in the know yesterday and he "confirmed" that the LF-A will be here in 2011. And the price will be a little bit less than $200K. Also power figures are not yet confirmed but should be around 550hp. Anyway, take that info as you want.
Sounds promising, thanks for the info...being from Lexus Japan, they are at least much closer to any source of production info.
Old 03-01-09, 11:43 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Yeah, that's pretty much what I heard from my source. He said that the development was already too late into the process for it not to make into production.

Also, some people have already saw two LF-As (one black and one silver) with minimal masks running around Torrance in the early morning like 2 am.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)