LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-09, 11:44 AM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
The IS C will NEVER be a de facto replacement for the SC, they are not in the same class at all.
There will be a new SC coming.

IS C won't replace the SC, the two cars aren't even in the same league.
Old 03-01-09, 01:22 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Ok, people may want to call this speculation but I was talking to a person very much in the know yesterday and he "confirmed" that the LF-A will be here in 2011. And the price will be a little bit less than $200K. Also power figures are not yet confirmed but should be around 550hp. Anyway, take that info as you want.
I feel like we've been hearing rumours like this for ages. That price tag seems too good to be true; I thought it was going to be closer to 300k?
Old 03-01-09, 01:34 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope this wheel gap makes it to production.
Attached Thumbnails Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)-3282607169_c2046aacb6_o.jpg  
Old 03-01-09, 02:25 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by hapaboy
i hope this wheel gap makes it to production.
I hope the whole care makes it to production... Well I prefer the coupe but you get my point.
Old 03-01-09, 02:39 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

No way will that wheel gap make it to production... this is Lexus we're talking about

They even give their cars Photoshop coils on their website lol
Old 03-01-09, 02:47 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ffpower
Also, some people have already saw two LF-As (one black and one silver) with minimal masks running around Torrance in the early morning like 2 am.
... if this is true, are there any pics? Seeing pics of LF-As running around Torrance should once and for all vanquish rumours that the LF-A is cancelled.

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I feel like we've been hearing rumours like this for ages. That price tag seems too good to be true; I thought it was going to be closer to 300k?
If you believe the rumours, the car will never come to production, it will cost well over 300K and it's performance will be underwhelming compared to cars such as the GT-R Spec V .

To think the actual production car will cost over 200K is ridiculous. Realistically Lexus will not price this over 200K.

No way will that wheel gap make it to production... this is Lexus we're talking about

They even give their cars Photoshop coils on their website lol
... based on that logic this car shouldn't even exist. The fact that a Lexus supercar is coming to production simply shows anything is possible, including that wheel gap.
Old 03-01-09, 03:15 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just don't believe it's coming.
Old 03-01-09, 03:29 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I just don't believe it's coming.
I am willing to take that bet. How does a couple hundred sound?
Old 03-01-09, 03:55 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I am willing to take that bet. How does a couple hundred sound?
Count me in for couple hundreds as the LF-A will happen.
Old 03-01-09, 04:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ffpower
There will be a new SC coming.

IS C won't replace the SC, the two cars aren't even in the same league.
Sounds good, but has there been any indication, rumor reports that a 3SC is coming? Any inside knowledge? I do hope they bring out a new SC. I wonder if this time it may be more of a CL-fighter, with hardtop version...maybe no convertible at all? Or with the IS C, LF-A, and 3SC, Lexus gets 3 convertibles?

As for the price of the LF-A, I would be somewhat surprised if it is in the $100K range...$175K range perhaps, but considering the enormous cost of this program it wouldn't surprise me if it were in the $225K+ range. But that's just my speculation.

Moreover, the trademarking of 'LFA' without the hyphen, it doesn't exactly fit the Lexus model naming, I still hope they give it something like GT-F or GT 500 etc.
Old 03-01-09, 04:58 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
If you believe the rumours, the car will never come to production, it will cost well over 300K and it's performance will be underwhelming compared to cars such as the GT-R Spec V .
I'm sorry how does that make any sense whatsoever? This rumor has the exact same credibility as the rest of the rumors, your fanboy optimism not included. EVERYONE has heard something from various sources, all saying different things. I'm not saying this car definitely won't come into production. I'm just saying I've stopped believing the rumors. If I were to believe the rumors, I would believe that this car would come in 2011, not come into production, cost 200k, cost 300k, all at the same time. What exactly are you trying to say?

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
... based on that logic this car shouldn't even exist. The fact that a Lexus supercar is coming to production simply shows anything is possible, including that wheel gap.
And how does THIS make any sense whatsoever? I was simply trying to point out that Lexus has a history of showing their cars on their websites (and preproduction cars at autoshows) with FAR LESS wheel gap than they actually do on the show room floor. How does this translate to "The LF-A definitely won't come out"?
Old 03-01-09, 05:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
As for the price of the LF-A, I would be somewhat surprised if it is in the $100K range...$175K range perhaps, but considering the enormous cost of this program it wouldn't surprise me if it were in the $225K+ range. But that's just my speculation.
*IF* they are producing the LF-A, I think it would be smarter for them to try to price it as low as possible and sell more of them rather than price it too high so that very few people would want to get it - they just might end up with roughly the same total revenue from the sales either way, but hopefully more because of lower pricing, I think it's still better to have more people actually buying the car, rather than have almost everyone just looking and talking about it.
Old 03-01-09, 05:51 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

*IF* they are producing the LF-A, I think it would be smarter for them to try to price it as low as possible and sell more of them rather than price it too high so that very few people would want to get it - they just might end up with roughly the same total revenue from the sales either way, but hopefully more because of lower pricing, I think it's still better to have more people actually buying the car, rather than have almost everyone just looking and talking about it.
I agree. Also, the fact of the matter is for $225k you can find yourself in a brand new Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, and while I love Lexus and everything, I'm not sure I or anyone here would choose a Lexus over a Lamborghini. While Lexus has a great deal of cachet, it's still not that high. I can see this car going for $175k tops.
Old 03-01-09, 06:00 PM
Koma

That's the point of a halo car though, lots of talk but very few are actually sold because they only make a small amount. Although I can understand what you mean but if they limit the amount of production I'm sure they'll sell every single one.

Originally Posted by encore888
\
Moreover, the trademarking of 'LFA' without the hyphen, it doesn't exactly fit the Lexus model naming, I still hope they give it something like GT-F or GT 500 etc.
Well halo vehicles like the Mercedes SLR don't follow the normal naming scheme either. I don't mind the LFA name.
Old 03-01-09, 08:09 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I'm sorry how does that make any sense whatsoever? This rumor has the exact same credibility as the rest of the rumors, your fanboy optimism not included. EVERYONE has heard something from various sources, all saying different things. I'm not saying this car definitely won't come into production. I'm just saying I've stopped believing the rumors. If I were to believe the rumors, I would believe that this car would come in 2011, not come into production, cost 200k, cost 300k, all at the same time. What exactly are you trying to say?

And how does THIS make any sense whatsoever? I was simply trying to point out that Lexus has a history of showing their cars on their websites (and preproduction cars at autoshows) with FAR LESS wheel gap than they actually do on the show room floor. How does this translate to "The LF-A definitely won't come out"?
That is exactly my point, that we should simply stop listening to all the ridiculous rumours. All you need to do is just look at the facts.

The facts are that the LF-A has been extensively tested and developed on the Nurburgring and Fuji Speedway, just to name a few. It's taken part in a 24 Hour race, and Akio Toyoda himself has piloted an LF-A prototype a few months ago at the Toyota Motorsports Festival in Japan. If you completely ignore the rumours, then the facts indicate the car is pretty much coming to production.

As for the wheel gap, my point simply was that this is a Lexus unlike any other. Despite the history that Lexus has with previous concepts and models in terms of wheel gap, it does not mean it will apply to the LF-A.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)