LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-09, 10:58 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lexus LF-A takes #1 spot in SP8 class at 56th ADAC Westfalenfahrt

Chronology of 56th ADAC Westfalenfahrt
04.04.2009 www.vln.de

12:27 On the other sites follow: 11. Weiss / Jacobs / Pietsch (Porsche GT3), 12 Morizo / Quiros / Ida (Lexus LF-A), 13 Huisman / Sorlie / Viebahn (BMW M3)

13:28 Looking to the classes - SP8: 1. #90 Tilke / Adorf (Lamborghini Gallardo), 2 #92 Morizo / Quiros / Ida (Lexus LF-A), 3 #91 Naruse / Takaki / Katsumata (Lexus IS-F)

15:23 Looking to the classes - SP8: 1. #92 Morizo / Quiros / Ida (Lexus LF-A)

16:27 Winner in the SP8 class: # 92 Morizo / Quiros / Ida (Lexus LF-A)
Original language: http://www.vln.de/newsausgabe.de.php?id=1654
Translated results: http://translate.google.com/translat...54&sl=de&tl=en
Photo gallery source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepfrozen/3411638927/
The LFA did well again in the SP8 class, this time in the opening round of the VLN (Veranstaltergemeinschaft Langstreckenpokal Nürburgring) series.
Old 04-05-09, 11:25 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice. i guess lexus wants some creds before it hits the street
Old 04-06-09, 07:43 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks encore888 for finding some of the more readily available sources.

So the LF-A is 1st in class at yet another Nurburgring race. I'm betting Lexus will run the LF-A at the 24 hour Nurburgring race this year again.
Old 04-06-09, 09:15 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

No problem, glad to help find the links.

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Any which way, I have put my name on the waiting list. As soon as I heard there was only 500 to be made I thought I better get in before everyone else does. And from what I have been told, there is already 6 people in front of me at my dealership!!!
I wonder how this will work, versus the waiting lists for past Lexus models, and for the $100K+ LS 600h L here in the US, and whether it will be similar to the ordering/financing for rival supercars. I can only imagine the deposit cost and the payment plan for this level of automobile. Perhaps the saying is apt, "if you had to ask [how much], you can't afford it." Props to those who have succeeded to such a degree who can afford to splurge on a supercar.
Old 04-09-09, 01:13 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

I know it's far less interesting and more bizarre than the latest Nürburgring news, but here's a link to some pics and info on the Milan Design Week LFA appearance that GS69 mentioned several posts back:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/09/l...ebut-in-milan/
Old 04-09-09, 01:18 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The arrival of this car is like waiting for the tooth fairy
Old 04-09-09, 08:28 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
I wonder how this will work, versus the waiting lists for past Lexus models, and for the $100K+ LS 600h L here in the US, and whether it will be similar to the ordering/financing for rival supercars. I can only imagine the deposit cost and the payment plan for this level of automobile. Perhaps the saying is apt, "if you had to ask [how much], you can't afford it." Props to those who have succeeded to such a degree who can afford to splurge on a supercar.
I am not sure how it will work either, and certainly to some extent "if you had to ask [how much], you can't afford it." question comes up it may not be a good idea to get it. I am hoping that lexus will distribute the cars in order of wait time, but I doubt it very much. If you are in a place where many people what the car you may miss out even if you have put your name down two years earlier, while at another dealer someone may walk in a day before it is released and place and order and get one. The only cars I lease are for the bussines. My cars are all in mine and the wifes name and pay cash "wire transfer" for all my cars these days.
Old 04-10-09, 07:04 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure how it will work either, and certainly to some extent "if you had to ask [how much], you can't afford it." question comes up it may not be a good idea to get it. I am hoping that lexus will distribute the cars in order of wait time, but I doubt it very much. If you are in a place where many people what the car you may miss out even if you have put your name down two years earlier, while at another dealer someone may walk in a day before it is released and place and order and get one. The only cars I lease are for the bussines. My cars are all in mine and the wifes name and pay cash "wire transfer" for all my cars these days.
I think for a car like this there will be price gouging... I hope not but I somehow doubt you'll end up paying MSRP for such a limited run car.

Are you going to play into the bidding war for an LF-A? I know you're a pretty wealthy guy but it also sounds that you don't spend your money frivolously.

Last edited by Koma; 04-10-09 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-10-09, 07:18 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

In some countries, it may be illegal to sell over MSRP by the dealers ...
Old 04-10-09, 07:52 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

TMC was working with some of my peers on Magnetic Suspension R&D...Should be interesting..That's all I can say
Old 04-10-09, 07:55 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
TMC was working with some of my peers on Magnetic Suspension R&D...Should be interesting..That's all I can say
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRS-u5uipM
Old 04-10-09, 12:59 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jruhi4
I know it's far less interesting and more bizarre than the latest Nürburgring news, but here's a link to some pics and info on the Milan Design Week LFA appearance that GS69 mentioned several posts back:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/09/l...ebut-in-milan/
It's fascinating, here's a pic. I wonder what it looks like in person. Hopefully after these yearly Milan Design Week events they save the artwork and perhaps it can be exhibited in the US, Japan, elsewhere, etc.

I am hoping that lexus will distribute the cars in order of wait time, but I doubt it very much. If you are in a place where many people what the car you may miss out even if you have put your name down two years earlier, while at another dealer someone may walk in a day before it is released and place and order and get one.
Hmm, I was under the impression that Lexus in the U.S. did honor the wait list order for the LS 600h L, although those that were set on the configuration they wanted sometimes would wait and let others get ahead in line. Don't know as much about Japan, but they had a long preorder list for the LS 460, although that was not limited production per se. I also believe that Lexus Japan customers have greater customization options, after all the Lexus dealership I visited in Tokyo had color palettes, leather samples, etc.

BTW, have you set your eyes on the coupe or roadster?
Old 04-10-09, 01:02 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

*IF* it is true they are only making 500 LFA's, I am not sure they would even bother to have a roadster version, since it's probably not worth their effort to produce another version in even smaller numbers ...
Old 04-10-09, 01:43 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
*IF* it is true they are only making 500 LFA's, I am not sure they would even bother to have a roadster version, since it's probably not worth their effort to produce another version in even smaller numbers ...
Perhaps the production plan is 500 coupes and 500 roadsters...
Old 04-21-09, 08:46 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Some of the most telling information yet...

Lexus is entering two LF-A sports-car prototypes in the 24 Hours of the Nürburgring on May 23-24.

The two-seaters will draw power from a 5.0-liter, 495-hp V10 and will compete under the Gazoo Racing banner. Modifications include a roll cage, a spoiler and other aero and safety features. The car will compete in the Division 2 SP8 Class, which is for close-to-production cars.

Lexus entered last year, and the development team is trying to build on that experience and fine-tune the car, though the mechanicals and carbon-fiber body are mostly the same.

The company says it’s using the event to gather technical data that it will use on production cars, and that could be a good sign for the future of a halo speedster for Lexus. We saw an LF-A running laps at the Toyota Motorsport Festival at Fuji Speedway in November, when Akio Toyoda--who’s since been named president of Toyota--was seen at the wheel.

But it’s unclear where this program stands, and the economy seems to be making all supercar programs uncertain. Lexus was expected to reveal a 500-hp production LF-A that would cost about $300,000. The company would only build about 500, perhaps starting in 2010 or 2011. Stay tuned.

The company’s racing creds include powering prototypes that won the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona in 2006-2008, and it’s also won the Grand-Am and Super GT championships.

The car will use a front-mid-engine layout, with a rear-mid transaxle and rear radiator. The gearbox is a paddle-shift sequential manual, and it rides on 305/30R-20 racing Bridgestones.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...template=photo

495 HP is disappointing.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)