LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 10:52 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I can understand doubting this car, but everyone should hope it makes production. This will be another car to elevate Lexus, a brand that continues to rise to its higher aspirations.

Maybe the LF-A will truly be the "halo" the "F" brand needs for other "F" cars.
sure i hope it's launched, but with only one F model now (which was a skunk works project) and given how slowly lexus comes out with new models, AND the economy, and the likelihood of very limited production, i think only enthusiasts will even notice the lf-a.

sure mercedes has the SLR, but they also have AMG versions of everything.

Why must we continue to confine Lexus in a box? Maybe Lexus sees there is a market for owners who want to pay big money for a car but don't understand stuck up dealers and ridiculous maintenance costs. The NSX proved it could be done. The GT-R is showing for 80k, it performs with the best of them. I truly question what the hell the other 100-300k in cost is for? An additonal .3 seconds or for prestige/looks and other variables that are not performance related?
the interior of a GT-R for example, is 'techy' but no luxurious by any stretch. i bet the interior of a bentley isn't cheap to make, especially in such SMALL QUANTITIES - that's the kicker.

i can't remember how much of the lf-a is carbon fiber, but you know that costs a bundle too.

i agree no one should have to put up with stuck up dealers. as for 'ridiculous' maintenance costs, getting anything rare and expensive serviced, even a rolex watch, isn't cheap.

Considering the economy that every car company is blaming failed or canceled projects on, we must give Lexus KUDOS for continuing to go forward with this car.
it ain't launched yet.
Old 04-23-09, 06:43 PM
LexFather

Old 04-24-09, 04:36 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a documentary-style Japanese program detailing the LFA racing experiences here:

http://paultan.org/archives/2009/04/...ring-24-hours/
Old 04-24-09, 06:35 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long live the LFA.

Honestly to me the LFA will be a timeless supercar like the McLAREN F1 if it ever comes out.
Old 04-24-09, 07:44 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
There is a documentary-style Japanese program detailing the LFA racing experiences here:

http://paultan.org/archives/2009/04/...ring-24-hours/
Looks like they are really trying to make this car a drivers car. All the drivers commented on how well balanced the car was and how it handled. Not much talk on the power aspect, but it seems that the drivers are really impressed with the car.
Old 04-24-09, 09:04 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

"They shouldn't call it nurburgring, they should call it suprise!"

laughed out loud on that one.
Old 04-24-09, 09:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Looks like they are really trying to make this car a drivers car. All the drivers commented on how well balanced the car was and how it handled. Not much talk on the power aspect, but it seems that the drivers are really impressed with the car.
Thanks for the translation! Good to hear the drivers are liking the car.
Old 04-25-09, 02:30 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

One thing I am hoping for it can reach 210-220 mph. Also can do 0-100 km/h in 3.2-3.4 seconds.
Old 05-02-09, 10:35 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Another shot of the LF-A, dated May 2, evidently racing with a Porsche 997 GT3...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/royal_flush/3494907964/
The flickr link tags say 51 ADAC etc...?
Old 05-03-09, 05:50 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Here is another.....

Old 05-08-09, 04:58 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Returning to the Crystallised Lexus LFA shown in Milan, here's more pics, and a link to a full gallery:

http://openers.jp/car/exclusive_auto...isedwind-.html
Old 05-08-09, 08:02 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

The LF-A don't count anymore to me, a $200K to 300K sports car means very little to me, and it can't be a halo to anything in the Lexus line-up if they don't offer a few sports models in the Lexus line-up that are in the more affordable price range, like around $100K and under ... and I am not talking about just a F-division variation like a possible GS-F for next generation, but at least a couple real sports coupes and convertibles, otherwise, this LF-A is just like an exercise, with all those money and effort spent to develop it mostly going to waste ...

And they just said recently, that they will be concentating on adding Lexus hybrids in the next few years, not sports cars ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-08-09 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-08-09, 08:08 AM
LexFather

^^ Andrew I am hoping the tech learned for the LF-A trickles down to other cars. Maybe new coupes or even the traditional lineup (IS/GS/F).

Somebody wants a new Lexus coupe

Old 05-08-09, 08:21 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
The LF-A don't count anymore to me, a $200K to 300K sports car means very little to me, and it can't be a halo to anything in the Lexus line-up if they don't offer a few sports models in the Lexus line-up that are in the more affordable price range, like around $100K and under ... and I am not talking about just a F-division variation like a possible GS-F for next generation, but at least a couple real sports coupes and convertibles, otherwise, this LF-A is just like an exercise, with all those money and effort spent to develop it mostly going to waste ...

And they just said recently, that they will be concentating on adding Lexus hybrids in the next few years, not sports cars ...
thank you for more eloquently saying what i've been saying for a while ("what's the point?").

the LF-A will be an awesome car, but also pretty disconnected to the rest of the line. the skunkworks IS-F and a few 'parts' coming out aren't a very big sporting effort. the closest i can compare this project to is the NSX, which was a halo for Acura, but at LEAST Acura always positioned itself to have a sportyish luxury line, even if it wasn't that sporty (front wheel drive small cars and mid size coupes/sedans). when i had my acura legend, i took an M3 for a test drive (this is mid 90s) and when i got back into my legend i found it a complete joke from every performance standpoint. but from an image standpoint i think the nsx helped acura, at least initially.

maybe if lexus had done the lf-a not long after launching the whole line i'd feel differently, or if they now had 3 or 4 'F' versions (maybe GS, LS + the IS) it would feel more connected.

anyway, i'm just repeating what you said, only not as well...
Old 05-08-09, 02:38 PM
LexFather

^^ Well so was the Mercedes Benz SLR Now while Benz has clearly more AMG cars, the fact is it was made and sold at a price more for Maybach customers, not Benz.

I mean we are begging Lexus to be sportier and here they are going ***** out and we still are complaining?

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)