LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-09, 04:57 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I am really and truely hoping that that is the case, or that the numbers that I am getting are wrong. All I know is that when I keep asking my friend here about when and how many, all he can say is 500 cars and a 2010 release. And the last time I spoke with him, it was on the inclination that it was 500 global. I am betting this car will sell more second hand.
I hope so too that it it is more. It all depends what Lexus wants to do. They might impose a strict production limit like other makers have done with other famous supercars. Lexus may also impose an annual production limit. Either way, we shall see soon enough.

One thing is for sure is that this is not a volume car at all. This is plain and simple a halo supercar.
Old 06-03-09, 06:42 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I hope so too that it it is more. It all depends what Lexus wants to do. They might impose a strict production limit like other makers have done with other famous supercars. Lexus may also impose an annual production limit. Either way, we shall see soon enough.

One thing is for sure is that this is not a volume car at all. This is plain and simple a halo supercar.
For sure!
Old 06-03-09, 07:54 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
For sure!
I'm just happy we are getting this car at all . The fact that it's coming to production to me is more exciting ultimately than the number of units Toyota will build.
Old 06-04-09, 12:17 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of us who won't have the funds/opportunity to own an LF-A, playing it in Gran Turismo 5 will probably be as close as we get to the real thing . I may even buy a PS3 just to play Gran Turismo 5 .
kinda off topic, but I hope they dely GT5 long enough for the game to have a GS-F too
Old 06-04-09, 01:07 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GStateOM
kinda off topic, but I hope they dely GT5 long enough for the game to have a GS-F too
Judging by how many times GT5 has already been delayed, I don't think that will be an issue . GT5 is such a monumental and ambitious game, they recently showed off that they will have official WRC and NASCAR associations in the game. This is on top of hundreds of cars in the game, realistic time effects (night, day, sunset), weather effects, and damage. Not to mention, the most realistic maps and cars renderings in any GT game yet. By the time the game is released, I think they'll have enough time to include the LF-A, GS-F, and 2nd gen IS-F .
Old 06-05-09, 07:07 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Judging by how many times GT5 has already been delayed, I don't think that will be an issue . GT5 is such a monumental and ambitious game, they recently showed off that they will have official WRC and NASCAR associations in the game. This is on top of hundreds of cars in the game, realistic time effects (night, day, sunset), weather effects, and damage. Not to mention, the most realistic maps and cars renderings in any GT game yet. By the time the game is released, I think they'll have enough time to include the LF-A, GS-F, and 2nd gen IS-F .
They'll probably make cars available for download too, allowing for plenty of added models and content after actual release of the game.
Old 06-10-09, 02:16 PM
DeTomaso
Rookie

Looks like the LF-A wont be competing in the upcoming Adenauer ADAC Rundstrecken-Trophy this saturday. (Starterslist at www.vln.de)
I was hoping the car would show up to once again compete with the Corvette and Ford GT of the previous 24h and VLN races. Lets assume they probably got enough racing data already and are now working hard to implement it into the production model for october. I still wonder if the standard 4.8L engine will be powerful enough at an estimated 552 hp to hit the rumoured 220 mph top speed, which i doubt, or that the production version will have a 5.2-5.5L displacement and 600+hp...only time will tell
Old 06-11-09, 04:52 AM
DeTomaso
Rookie

The team that raced the LF-A's during the last VLN and Nürburgring 24h has put a report of the 24H race on their website http://gazoo.com/racing/english .
A video of the event should be posted soon so make sure to check it out from time to time. Judging the comments from Akio Toyoda (Morizo) and Naruse they were pretty frustrated about the mechanical troubles the LF-A's got but happy with the very competitive time of 8 min 50.5s
Toyoda said there still is a lot of 'homework' to do...let us hope it wont delay the release date once again
Old 06-11-09, 06:46 PM
LF-A
Driver School Candidate

Default LF-A Roadster revving the engine

ferraris do but not as amazing as this.
Old 06-11-09, 06:51 PM
LF-A
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LF-A
ferraris do but not as amazing as this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulfED7g0N8E
Old 06-12-09, 08:14 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LF-A vs. Falken Z33 vs. GT-R at the Ring.

Cool in car camera video. Wish we know what was the time for the LF-A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7i0jgApN70
Old 06-12-09, 09:19 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Sources in Japan have unearthed a few new details on the production version of the upcoming Lexus LF-A supercar. Yeah, you know the car that seems to only exist on autoshow stands and the Nurburgring?

Well, it's back on again and should make yet another auto show appearance in its finalized form at this year's Tokyo auto show in October. The attached rendering is based on both the recent Nurburgring prototype and additional details from an inside source at Holiday Auto, a prominent Japanese car magazine.

Our own insider also adds that of the 500 units destined for production, 350 of them will be left-hand drive. All LF-As will get 6-piston calipers with carbon ceramic brake rotors, titanium mufflers, run flat Bridgestone tires and a six-speed automatic sequential gearbox.

Let the comparisons to the Nissan GT-R begin.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...exus-lf-a.html
Old 06-12-09, 09:20 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Thats some incredible driving in that youtube link. Damn!!

Urgh...I need to get my game up.
Old 06-12-09, 09:22 PM
LexFather

The GT-R is an incredible performer but this is not a GT-R competitor, this is Ferrari/Lambo competition.

Old 06-17-09, 01:55 AM
DeTomaso
Rookie

Today AutoExpress published some new spyshots of the LF-A, including a pic that shows a small bit of the new production-ready interior design! The steering wheel has changed alot compared to concept II, as well as the cover (alcantara) used above the instrument panel+dashboard and lots of aluminium. It also comes with new black painted wheels http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au..._opens_up.html

Last edited by DeTomaso; 06-17-09 at 05:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)