LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 10:59 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Looks like what I was told and posted here a while ago is true. That means the other 150 will go to Japan and other right hand drive countries, things are looking bleaker by the moment.
You put your deposit for one early in Japan right ?
Old 06-24-09, 04:14 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
You put your deposit for one early in Japan right ?
They won't take deposits , but I have my name down at my dealer and there is a gentlemans agreement on the order of the waiting list. But there are guys who have put their names down when the reports first started comming out, which was long before I did. Honestly, with 150 units for Japan and other right hand drive countries, I am not liking my chances at securing one.
Old 06-25-09, 01:18 PM
DeTomaso
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Japanese site of Gazoo Racing finally (been checking it for over a month :P ) posted a must see movie of the LF-A Nürburgring 24H race and training sessions. The quality of the video is high but loading goes a bit slow so make sure to pause it while downloading so you can watch it in 1 time. More videos will be posted soon it seems, check it from time to time! English subtitles version should be available later. Enjoy ! http://gazoo.com/racing/ajidukuri/nu...movie_list.asp
Old 06-27-09, 08:37 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

A loosely-related article on Akio Toyoda's love of motorsports:

New Toyota chief's dilemma -- To race or not to race?
Automotive News

TOKYO (Reuters) -- Akio Toyoda, the new president of Toyota Motor Corp., wants speedy reforms at the world's biggest carmaker, but many want him out of the fast lane.

Toyoda, 53, is an ardent racer who last month took part in the 24-hour endurance race on Germany's notoriously dangerous Nürburgring track for the third consecutive year.

Asked if he would continue to race, putting his safety at risk, the head of Japan's biggest company wouldn't give a conclusive answer, but revealed his passion for speed.

"The folks here are pleading with me to stop," Toyoda said, motioning towards his deputies who were at a news conference on Thursday where he sketched out plans for Toyota to become a leaner and more focused carmaker.

"But there's a reason why I participate in these races. First, it's because it's Nürburgring. Second, it's 24 hours. And third, it has a lot to do with the development of cars."

"Put another way, you can say that I'm staking my life to come up with a better product," he said.

Toyoda, who has said he wants to be a president "closest to the front lines," went on to describe the smooth tracks he's driven on in Japan and the demanding surface of Nürburgring.

Toyoda took over the helm of the company his grandfather established 71 years ago earlier this week.

As an amateur racer in a competition comprised mostly of professionals, Toyoda said he was experiencing driving from a standpoint "closest to a regular customer".

Toyoda, who races under the pseudonym "Morizo" on the Gazoo Racing team, had related similar thoughts in a blog he writes under the same name on www.Gazoo.com, the Toyota-operated marketing Web site he helped set up.

In a 2007 entry, Morizo -- whose identity is only ostensibly anonymous -- writes about running into Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez, who was also at Nurburgring to race despite strong objections from his staff.

"It's because there's someone like this at the top that the company can come up with an emotional sports car like the Vantage. That was the feeling I got as an employee at a carmaker," Morizo wrote on the Japanese-language blog.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2009...306279998/1178
Old 06-27-09, 09:20 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

i hope he keeps racing, that shows real passion about the product and is exactly what toyota needs. sure he can listen to weanie bean counters and 'advisors' and stop but i hope he doesn't. deaths in racing are actually pretty rare so i don't think he (or his advisors) have much to worry about.
Old 06-29-09, 02:53 PM
DeTomaso
Rookie

For what it's worth: Auto Trader say they got exclusive new details from Lexus concerning the LF-A. They say it will have a 5.0 litre v10 with 580 bhp and that it will cost...£250000 ! At this rate it will probably make it to the $500k mark in october :-) http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIA...st_250000.html
Old 06-29-09, 03:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow that is an eyewatering price...of course as with many Lexus pricing details, the country and currency conversions don't always match, but for sure this vehicle will be expensive...hopefully for those who buy it'll be worth it.
Old 06-29-09, 03:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

sounds like it will be north of $200k anyway, and why not if it's so exclusive (limited production) as well as advanced with all that CF, power, tranny, refinement, etc.
Old 06-29-09, 03:43 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

If its faster then a Enzo and like 1/4 of the price its all good in my book

i cant wait to see what top gear has to say about this car when its on the show. i can not wait to hear clarkson lol
Old 06-29-09, 07:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Lexus LFA interior spied.

The Lexus LFA is continuing on its path to production—the latest test vehicle running Nürburgring is not only riding on a new set of wheels, but also looks to be sporting a close-to-production interior—check out this photo (click for a larger version):

Hard to get a true feel, considering the angle, but it looks like the dash is Alcantara and the steering wheel is carbon fiber. I also like the look of the row of dash dials along the edge of the console.
Attached Thumbnails Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)-09-06-17-lexus-lfa-interior-thumb-1.jpg  
Old 06-30-09, 09:16 PM
BlackISF
Driver School Candidate

i was flying and got a couple of magazines one was all about the LF-A it stated that the car was getting pushed from late 09 to late 2010 it also said due to the exotic material being used the chairman of lexus stated the LF-A would be very limited production way less than 1000 and well over 200K per car. That was 30 days ago. it will compete with DBS, Ferrari, and other 200+K cars!!!!
Old 06-30-09, 10:26 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackISF
i was flying and got a couple of magazines one was all about the LF-A it stated that the car was getting pushed from late 09 to late 2010 it also said due to the exotic material being used the chairman of lexus stated the LF-A would be very limited production way less than 1000 and well over 200K per car. That was 30 days ago. it will compete with DBS, Ferrari, and other 200+K cars!!!!
Welcome to CL! Thanks for sharing that info...any idea which magazine it was?

Anyhow, it matches with the rumor of a 500 unit run and well in excess of $200,000 per car. However as for being pushed back, well the strongest rumors are a production reveal at the Tokyo Motor Show this October 2009, followed by a 2010 production run. Since that show happens only once every two years, it would seem to make that launch a set date or switched elsewhere.
Old 07-05-09, 03:10 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

At that price tag I bet Lexus will have a problem moving them in this economy. I a not saying the LFA wil not be good, but for that kind of money customers will need to have the glamaour and prestige of Europes best hyper cars
Old 07-08-09, 10:08 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wasn't this thread in car chat I had to go through my subscribed threads to find it again

Some more news:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...-A-5.0/241363/
Old 07-12-09, 05:46 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Now they are saying the car going on sale in October for an est. £250,000

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)