LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 03:30 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this engine code is actually true, very interesting then.

1LR-GEU. The LR part is obviously a brand-new engine design never made before by Toyota. The G means G-performance heads, the E is electronic fuel injection, and the U is emissions control for Japan.

So in other words, if this is true, it looks like the engine does not have direct injection or Valvematic.

We shall see soon enough what the truth is.
Old 07-17-09, 03:36 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Default LF-A at Goodwood videos!

Here are some videos I found of the LF-A at Goodwood. The LF-A team was doing some demonstration laps in the car, we have both outside camera shots, and in-car shots as well. The car is going slow simply because it's a demonstration, it can obviously go much faster as hinted at in the Autocar video below. The car I must say sounds really menacing and aggressive, like some sort of mechanical fire-breathing dragon. Also interesting to see how flat the car is in corners, and how stable the wheels and suspension remain in a variety of conditions.

These videos are a MUST SEE, full screen recommended .

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...aps%20Goodwood

The third video is from Autocar, when they drove the LF-A at Goodwood (ignore the specs, wait for the official numbers from Toyota. We get to see the car at start-up and idle, and the radiator fans starting up.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallp...AR=241528&CT=V

The hype and the legend of this car continues to build as we get closer to the production unveiling.
Old 07-20-09, 01:54 PM
PsyFi
Driver School Candidate

Now I'm reading this thing might cost around 400K dollars which I think is ridiculous especially in this economic environment.
I understand the need for Toyota to make some sort of "halo" car, but I don't think dumping some 400K car in the market is the way to do it. It's better to "build-up" to a halo car. It would have been better to produce a car priced in say the mid to high-100's and a few thousand of them to compete with the likes of the Audi V10, GT2, F430 replacement, lp560-2, etc.

Then after a few years of establishing this line of cars come up with something spectacular that costs 400K and which is limited to 500 units worldwide
Old 07-20-09, 02:45 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PsyFi
Now I'm reading this thing might cost around 400K dollars which I think is ridiculous especially in this economic environment.
I understand the need for Toyota to make some sort of "halo" car, but I don't think dumping some 400K car in the market is the way to do it. It's better to "build-up" to a halo car. It would have been better to produce a car priced in say the mid to high-100's and a few thousand of them to compete with the likes of the Audi V10, GT2, F430 replacement, lp560-2, etc.

Then after a few years of establishing this line of cars come up with something spectacular that costs 400K and which is limited to 500 units worldwide
In Lexus' defense, I think that, in the case of the LFA, the "Relentless and Passionate Pursuit of Perfection" got the better of them. They probably set out to make a "car priced in say the mid to high-100's and a few thousand of them to compete with the likes of the Audi R8 V10, GT2, F430 replacement, LP560-2, etc.", as you put it, but, as they strived to make it better and better and as light as possible (with the extensively carbon fiber-and-aluminum construction that entails), wound up in Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano territory instead. That, combined with the global economic meltdown, forced Lexus to raise the expected price and lower the producton numbers.
Old 07-20-09, 02:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

^^This may all be true and I agree with what you said (never even thought about it like that), but we really do not know how much this car will really cost. Everything is still speculation. haha, and Lexus hasnt directly said the car will even be sold yet (to the public), but it is a sure bet it will happen.
Old 07-22-09, 01:02 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even the door panels are carbon fiber, evidently:

Old 07-22-09, 01:11 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

One of my friend's fathers is thinking about trying to put down a deposit on the LF-A so I have been going through some pics and info and figured I would share some good ones that I haven't seen posted. The real life pics look especially good...sorry for the random order.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 07-22-09 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 01:20 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Old 07-22-09, 05:10 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Funny how all of them have no door handles lol
Old 07-23-09, 02:01 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Or side mirrors. But with the recent spy shots we have a good idea what those will look like. And the front end lights are previewed in the crystal sculpture concept. I wonder though if some will say 'they should've just made the LF-A II concept' when it comes out with the final production version changes. Hopefully the more aggressive final look will win most over.
Old 07-23-09, 02:15 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I don't think it will get door handles.

Gotta love the roadster!!!

@MPLexus301, better get in quick then! B/c these will sell fast.
Old 07-23-09, 02:47 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
Or side mirrors. But with the recent spy shots we have a good idea what those will look like. And the front end lights are previewed in the crystal sculpture concept. I wonder though if some will say 'they should've just made the LF-A II concept' when it comes out with the final production version changes. Hopefully the more aggressive final look will win most over.
The side rearview mirrors are the small wings on the A pillar.
Old 07-23-09, 07:40 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by PsyFi
The accuracy of the speculated £250,000 price tag itself notwithstanding, it is also inaccurate to use only the market currency rate to determine the eventual MSRP of the car in the US. Note that many performance cars are sold at a significant premium in the UK when converting the MSRP using market rates, including basically the entire lineup by Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, and even Aston Martin, not to mention individual performance cars like the R8 and GT-R.
Old 07-23-09, 07:53 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gengar
The accuracy of the speculated £250,000 price tag itself notwithstanding, it is also inaccurate to use only the market currency rate to determine the eventual MSRP of the car in the US. Note that many performance cars are sold at a significant premium in the UK when converting the MSRP using market rates, including basically the entire lineup by Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, and even Aston Martin, not to mention individual performance cars like the R8 and GT-R.
Exactly. Keep in mind that the Lexus, an import from Japan, will have an innate pricing disadvantage compared to the local/native Aston Martin and the Italians and Germans which, like the U.K., belong to the European Union. North America, on the other hand, is a more level playing field, since all of them are full-fledged imports here.
Old 07-24-09, 01:23 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for posting real life pictures of the LF-A MPLexus301. The car looks very awesome. I'm surprised the Lexus police has paid a visit...

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)