LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 09:55 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know what those pimples are at the bottom of the rear bumper are for? Aerodynamics?
Old 06-13-07, 10:58 AM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Anyone know what those pimples are at the bottom of the rear bumper are for? Aerodynamics?
Since that whole back end piece looks like camoflage to me, I'd suggest they won't be there for production.
Old 06-13-07, 01:52 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

It appears to only have a single windshiled wiper.

From the folks that saw the show car, was that detail visible?

Also, was there any commentary on how fast this version was on the track?
Old 06-13-07, 05:58 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

That is some very clever camo/cladding. Instead of the typical black fabric, Toyota actually built a bunch of fake body panels to conceal the car's exterior. Notice how well the panels fit together. I think another reason was for aerodynamic purposes. Those are definitely not the production headlights, or production tails. And the fears that the LF-A would have those awkward traingular-type headlights seem to have gone.

At this point, given Toyota's secrecy and clever camo, we can't be certain if any of the visible details are fake, or going to production.
Old 06-13-07, 06:49 PM
kingnoo
Rookie

When will the LF-A be out?
Old 06-13-07, 07:26 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OC 335i
True, the new Ferraris are Medium rare. But I would say they are more rare than most cars. By Ferrari standards? Not so much.
Actually, with the present production numbers of the Ferraris, medium rare at best. Drive around South Beach sometime. They are a dime a dozen. Not the 599, but 430s, 360s, and POS 308s.

Lamborghini is running the same risk with the Gallardos. If you produce too many of them, they lose some cache. Fortunately, the Murcielagos and LP640s are still quite rare. Most people have never seen one in person. There were 4 built my MY in my color. That's what I consider rare and/or exclusive.

The LF-A has the potential to be an exotic that is reliable enough to drive every day. If that turns out to be true, there WILL be one in my driveway. The world doesn't need another Lamborghini or Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Veyron, Zonda. Those cars make statements all by themselves. But to have a reliable exotic that can be driven every day - now that would be a niche that no one else is filling.
Old 06-13-07, 09:10 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzzdoc
Actually, with the present production numbers of the Ferraris, medium rare at best. Drive around South Beach sometime. They are a dime a dozen. Not the 599, but 430s, 360s, and POS 308s.

Lamborghini is running the same risk with the Gallardos. If you produce too many of them, they lose some cache. Fortunately, the Murcielagos and LP640s are still quite rare. Most people have never seen one in person. There were 4 built my MY in my color. That's what I consider rare and/or exclusive.

The LF-A has the potential to be an exotic that is reliable enough to drive every day. If that turns out to be true, there WILL be one in my driveway. The world doesn't need another Lamborghini or Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Veyron, Zonda. Those cars make statements all by themselves. But to have a reliable exotic that can be driven every day - now that would be a niche that no one else is filling.
I'm in Canada and I still see way to many exotics!

AM, Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini. Heck, I've even seen a Carrera GT (black) in real life. I've yet to see an Enzo or SLR though (although my friend did see one with Alberta plates).
Old 06-14-07, 06:22 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kingnoo
When will the LF-A be out?
Spring 2008 I think for people in North America, its being released first in Japan, if I remember correctly
Old 06-14-07, 06:24 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nextourer

AM, Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini. Heck, I've even seen a Carrera GT (black) in real life. I've yet to see an Enzo or SLR though (although my friend did see one with Alberta plates).
Only time I see exotics here in Montreal when its really nice out and when its F1.

For the first time last weekend I saw a Carrera GT just a couple blocks from me, though it had Ontario plates and what not.
Old 06-14-07, 06:52 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LF-A Uncovered
Old 06-14-07, 08:12 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Nextourer

Originally Posted by JessePS
Only time I see exotics here in Montreal when its really nice out and when its F1.

For the first time last weekend I saw a Carrera GT just a couple blocks from me, though it had Ontario plates and what not.
I have seen both the Carrera GT(black) & the SLR (gray) only once on the road .

(Actually the Carrera GT twice, the same car once in a parking lot, once on the road)

Ferrari's (except the enzo) & Lambo's I have seen many times . . .
Old 06-14-07, 04:55 PM
zzzzdoc
Lead Lap

I tend to go to car meets, so I see exotics all the time. CGT less commonly, Enzo even less so.

I've seen a number of SLRs on the street. Never seen a Murcielago, or Koenigsegg outside of a car show.

Got to play with a CGT and Ford GT at Sebring a few weeks ago. Ate the Ford's lunch. CGT - no so much.

I'd love to take an LF-A to the track and see what it can do.
Old 06-14-07, 06:24 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

One thing I wonder if they will have an option to have RHD for this, now that would be totally wicked
Old 06-14-07, 06:26 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JessePS
One thing I wonder if they will have an option to have RHD for this, now that would be totally wicked
What's so wicked about RHD?
Old 06-14-07, 06:31 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
What's so wicked about RHD?
It's pretty rare in North America. Other then seeing it on imports.

For me it brings a touch of class, don't ask how because I can't explain it.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)