LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 04:45 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
sorry, i know everyone will disagree but i dont see the lf-a costing nearly as much as most think.

for one thing, lexus still delivers value. look at the is vs 3 series. look at the gs vs 5 series. look at the ls vs 7 series and s class...and this is looking at cars that have been out where lexus is taking some liberties on pricing. where lexus competes for the first time, they tend to offer even more value.

with the m6 costing $100k and 911 turbo costing $120k, and the AMV8 as well as Ferrari's new entry not costing that much different, I really believe Lexus will come in on the lower side. I think the LF-A will be an $80-90k car.

V10 500hp sounds like a lot now, and it is, but that's what the M6 already delivers. Ceramic brakes can already be had on the 911 turbo. Based on this, I really don't see Lexus going that high in pricing with this car. I'm not saying $90k is cheap- its not- but I just think that's more in line with Lexus latest business strategies and if you look at the marketplace, thats more in line with where this car should be.
Yea I don't think it's going much over 120K in price range.

It's hard to compare the M6 with the LF-A, the LF-A is going to weigh alot less.

I love what they've done with the design, it's very muscular yet sleek.
Old 01-09-07, 05:54 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price +/- 100.000 $

Some things to look at is:
  • Mirror
  • Air / heat openings on the hood.
  • The front
  • The Air intakes bay the back windows

This things are goving to be different on the produksjon model!!!!

Old 01-09-07, 06:12 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

the LF-A is mid engine you can tell from the rear pictures there are radiator vents at the tailights, plus they have stated it is V10 mid engine in press releases
Old 01-09-07, 06:19 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

they've actually stated that the lf-a is mid engined with the engine mounted in the front of the driver. to be mid engined only means that the engine is in between the two axles.. it could still be closer to the front or rear axle.

mounting the radiator rearward offers a number of benefits:
1. reliability in racing- debris is less likely to destroy it
2. cleaner front end- allows for more aerodynamic designs, important at 200+mph.
3. allows the front of the car to be more compact and offers the designers/engineers more freedom

among the downsides include weight and complexity.

note that those shots of the lf-a on the ring are not the latest. the newer ones from the ring look slightly different, and the car at the detroit show looks slightly different from that.
Old 01-09-07, 06:26 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
they've actually stated that the lf-a is mid engined with the engine mounted in the front of the driver. to be mid engined only means that the engine is in between the two axles.. it could still be closer to the front or rear axle.
note that those shots of the lf-a on the ring are not the latest. the newer ones from the ring look slightly different, and the car at the detroit show looks slightly different from that.
Front to mid engin!!
Some new pix from the ring??????
Old 01-09-07, 06:51 AM
Bildilla
Driver

FROM LEXUS.com
LF-A Sports Car Concept
The LF-A sports-car concept was originally shown at the 2005 NAIAS to express a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand. The goals for the new LF-A are no different than they were with the original concept: To build a supercar with world-class performance that is uniquely Lexus.

As with all new Lexus vehicles, the styling of the LF-A is rooted in a design direction called L-finesse. The concept of L-finesse was used to shape and detail the original LF-A, and it was used to reshape, redetail and redefine this latest version. Lexus has further refined the styling of the new LF-A to enhance its exotic nature with a greater use of curved surfaces and interesting details.

The running gear of the LF-A is just as it was with the original, powered by a high-revving 500-plus horsepower V10 engine. Its front mid-engine placement, along with a rear-mounted transaxle and rear-mounted radiators, allows for excellent weight distribution. The horsepower, superior aerodynamics, and revised styling make a top speed of 200 mph not only possible but probable.

An “F” logo, indicating the vehicle’s status as a part of the new “F” marque, is located on each front fender.

“The first LF-A was a pure concept, but one that we went so far as to conduct engineering analysis on,” said Carter. “This latest concept is much closer to a vehicle that we would bring to market, and one in which we will be gauging consumer interest.”

Lexus LF-A Preliminary Specifications

Powertrain
Engine: V10 (under 5.0 liters)
Horsepower: More than 500
Top Speed: Approximately 200 MPH

Tire Size
Front: 265/35R20
Rear: 305/30R20

Dimensions (inches)
Overall Length: 175.6
Overall Width: 74.6
Overall Height: 48.0
Wheelbase: 102.3
The real info from LEXUS!!
Old 01-09-07, 07:17 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

V8 Vantage is a looker, but the engine leaves something to be desired. If the LF-A drives well and is priced similarly I think it definitely looks good enough to b chosen over the Vantage.
Old 01-09-07, 07:22 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bildilla
Front to mid engin!!
Some new pix from the ring??????
yes. front/mid engined. this is what the s2000 is for instance. technically a mid engined car because the engine lies between the axles. this, it seems, is what the lf-a is.

here are a couple newer shots from the ring.
edit- i see this pic is actually from the same series as the last pic shown, so disregard the 'newer' comment.

Old 01-09-07, 07:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default More . . .

Old 01-09-07, 07:48 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bildilla
Price +/- 100.000 $

Some things to look at is:
  • Mirror
  • Air / heat openings on the hood.
  • The front
  • The Air intakes bay the back windows

This things are goving to be different on the produksjon model!!!!
There is nothing to indicate that the latest covered up car seen testing at the 'Ring is in fact the final production car, in terms of styling and mechanics. It may still be a test or engineering mule. Look at how there are bulges at the rear of the car. Those look too strange and awkward to be present on the production car. Plus, if the reports are true, then the LF-A isn't coming out for another 18 months to two years.

As far as the engine placement goes, "front mid-mounted V10 engine" likely means that the engine is still obviously front mounted, but "mid-mounted" on top of the front axle for optimum weight distribution. Looking at the revised LF-A, you can see how it would be very possible for the V10 to be mounted right over the front axle. The rear-mounted radiators would further aid weight distribution.

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 01-09-07 at 07:52 AM.
Old 01-09-07, 08:28 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
There is nothing to indicate that the latest covered up car seen testing at the 'Ring is in fact the final production car, in terms of styling and mechanics. It may still be a test or engineering mule. Look at how there are bulges at the rear of the car. Those look too strange and awkward to be present on the production car. Plus, if the reports are true, then the LF-A isn't coming out for another 18 months to two years.
Yes But when you see the old and the new "Ring-car", then it is tings that indicate just that it is the produksjon model ( NOT THE END RESULT BUT, CLOWS!! )

And that it has bin some problems whit airflow too the engin / engin heat. And after testing for long time, they have not don big work to the design. Just too the airflow into/arownd the car
But j cud be roong!!!
J DONT like the new concept front!!!!

Last edited by Bildilla; 01-09-07 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-09-07, 11:48 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koma
Yea I don't think it's going much over 120K in price range.

It's hard to compare the M6 with the LF-A, the LF-A is going to weigh alot less.
Exactly. The LF-A is said to be built on a carbon-fiber construction. That alone pushes the LF-A to a whole different league than the M6 and easily into some exotic pricing.
Old 01-09-07, 01:56 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

One thing it be amazing if the car does way until 3000 pounds.

2950 pounds

Ahh now I remember what the front of the LF-A looks like, an oversized front of an actual F1 car.

One thing the button for "Snow" I wonder if it will activate the AWD system.

One thing I was hoping for a 10,000 rpm redline, 1000 rpm short but I can live with that.

I cant wait to see the "Drag coefficient" for the car, would be nice to have it in the 0.25-0.26 range or even below that.

One thing I just hope that Lexus/Toyota make a Limited Edition one that has an actual F1 engine in it, say like only 15 ($1mil+) for sure they would sell easily.

Also another thing I hope they put an over the top ML soundsystem in it. Like 1kW. Only that comes close to that is the Burmester in the Bugatti Veyron.

62 - 0 mph in less than 105 ft would be nice.
0 - 62 mph under 4 seconds (3.6 - 3.8 seconds)

Last edited by JessePS; 01-09-07 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-09-07, 02:41 PM
my_shaldan
Lead Lap

it's a great looking car. awesome interior.

Unfortunately, the style is not on par to call it an exotic.

maybe just because of the color? i dont know...

but to park it next to a ferrari, aston martin the LF-A looks like an ordinary lexus coupe, not a supercar.

Last edited by my_shaldan; 01-09-07 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-09-07, 04:36 PM
LexFather

This, like the IS-F, look like nothing else......wow..I can't believe this is a Lexus.

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)