LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 07:19 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robarapta
NSX is the reliable exotic type sports car now, what's the highest mileage NSX in existence ? ...

Here is my story: I haved worked at an Acura Dealer for last 16 years my nsx is the first one we sold in 91 the guy that bought the car is a doctor , he serviced the car religously at our store, and the reason he drove so many miles is the fact that he had two practices about 75 miles apart so he was in for service frequently, and for the most part he came to me for service. so last July he came in for his last service, jokingly I told him that he needed to dump the car and I would give him $2500 cash right now, we laughed about it and he was on his way, at this time he had about 335,000 miles and the car was hurting almost every seal was leaking from the engine, the oil was leaking so bad that you couldnot drive more than 3-4 miles without a trail of blue smoke from the back of the car, the abs light was on the clutch was toast, a/c compressor siezed, antenna stuck up driver window would barely close, the paint on the roof faded out, front bumper was 1/4 of inch lower because he rear ended someone the left rear wheel was different than the other three because he had a flat tire and drove the car in on the bare wheel which was ground down to the size of a 12 inch wheel, when the tire came apart tore the left rear 1/4 panel and the left side of the car 2 inch wide scratch down the side of the car. That is the majority of the problems with the car. he decided at about 285,000 miles that he was going to do the least amount of repairs possible and drive the car till it stopped. I guess things change because about 2 weeks after his july visit his car was towed in with a dead battery and blown main fuse, he had sold his practices and house and was moving to another state when the shipper came to pick up his cars the nsx was dead and the guy jumped the car backwards and blew the fuse, so he leaves the car behind. The doctor now needs to get rid of the car quickly as he doesnot have time to arrange another shipper. So he asked me if I was Still interested in his car, I explained to him that I really couldnot afford it as I have 3 kids 1 in college and 2 soon to follow but I was curious so I asked him what he wanted for it and he said make an offer, I did and he accepted and here we are now the car is about 90% back together and i drive it everyday my current odometer is 340425 miles. That's my story
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showp...&postcount=121

That was in 02/05. ^^ There are several with over 150k.

'06
ok i just turned 350130 miles this weekend still running strong, had to replace 1 spool valve since after 2 attempts at resealing didnot work next project is to paint the hood and fenders
Edit: It is for sale now.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85262

355,489 miles.

Last edited by OC 335d; 06-26-07 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-27-07, 05:31 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dunno, i dont see it, LF-A doesn't look all THAT nice...

*ohh as i see the last couple of pages noone is ON TOPIC... yet we get *****ed at in the reg forums... hmm*
Old 06-27-07, 05:33 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
I dunno, i dont see it, LF-A doesn't look all THAT nice...
Hard to say, since we haven't seen the final production version of the LF-A.
Old 06-27-07, 06:33 PM
LexFather

Autoweek
"NSX, what NSX"??
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...9009/1530/FREE

Damn...

Old 06-27-07, 06:38 PM
LexFather

Okay, I just played the video. That thing is sick. Sounds sick and OMG, no body roll.

This car is what Lexus needs. B/C I can see the engineers going to work on the next GS and IS and making them a bit more nimble.

This car could take Lexus to the next sport level.

Old 06-28-07, 07:13 AM
genearch
Driver

Car & Driver - July 2007 - The Hot list

In discussing future cars, Car & Driver writes:

What Might Go Wrong: The $64,000 question is this: Does Toyota-or should we say Lexus?-have the brand image to justify a sticker price up there in Ferrari F430 territory? We're not so sure."

Also...

"Expected to debut in the spring of 2009 in limited numbers, Sources suggest a price close to $200,000"
Old 06-28-07, 07:24 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus can play with the big boys. Thing is, will people give them a chance. The answer is: No.
Old 06-28-07, 08:22 AM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch

What Might Go Wrong: The $64,000 question is this: Does Toyota-or should we say Lexus?-have the brand image to justify a sticker price up there in Ferrari F430 territory? We're not so sure."

Also...

"Expected to debut in the spring of 2009 in limited numbers, Sources suggest a price close to $200,000"
Car and Driver hasn't given Toyota-or should we say Lexus a chance. Let's wait and see what happens...
Old 06-28-07, 08:53 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Trexus
Car and Driver hasn't given Toyota-or should we say Lexus a chance. Let's wait and see what happens...
One thing why should we care what car magazine say anymore. They are pretty much bias anyways.
Old 06-28-07, 09:28 AM
genearch
Driver

Originally Posted by JessePS
One thing why should we care what car magazine say anymore. They are pretty much bias anyways.
Of course they all are.. certainly when they don't pick your model or brand.

Lets see if your feelings continue if/when the positive reviews come (as with the LS460)
Old 06-28-07, 09:57 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Of course they all are.. certainly when they don't pick your model or brand.

Lets see if your feelings continue if/when the positive reviews come (as with the LS460)
They all like BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari and Porsche.

Plus why should I care about an automotive journalist. I know what I like and don't like. I don't need a person that writes articles in a magazine to try and make me change my mind because of what they like or dislike about a car.
Old 06-28-07, 10:18 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

To be realistic, in this price range, image and heritage count for more brownie points than reliability and automotive perfection (we are all crossing our fingers that Lexus will nail the performance aspect on the head with the LF-A when it finally debuts), so I am not surprised by that comment.

Image and brand identity especially in the $200K range count even more than in the sub $100K category.

Now let's see what happens in the market in a year or two and revisit this thread again.
Old 06-28-07, 10:44 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That considered, Lexus' own market research has shown that some of it's buyers are more affluent than they have models to match, and the company noted to expect more expensive models in the future. Obviously the first of those are the LS 460L and LS 600hL, and now the LX 570 will be coming, and I'm sure the GT-F/LF-A will be the most expensive of them all.

Considering that the company sells some 320,000 vehicles a year, I really think that they can find 2,000-5,000 existing owners to sell the car to- people who enjoy the brand and have the money to purchase something of this caliber. And that is only existing owners. Plus this will be a low volume car, so I have a hard time thinking that they are going to flood dealer lots with them and lose money with the cars sitting on lots. Even the first batch of LS 600hL's are special order only, and I wouldnt be surprised if the LF-A came in a similar fashion. The company is good with distribution.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 06-28-07 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-28-07, 10:47 AM
f.azim@gul
Driver School Candidate

There is very little doubt that if Toyota prices the LF-A around $200k, most buyers in that price range will go for a Ferrari F430/500.

Now, if the LF-A is priced in the 100-130K range, it would not be in the same price category as the Ferrari and Astons but it would then be competing against the 911 Turbo and the M6. Remember now that the M6 has a V-10 that is good for the magic 500+ hp as well. It would be absolutely delightful if the LF-A is priced like the M6 and over the years, because of its inherent goodness, moves up in price. Exactly what the LS400 did when it appeared. It was priced like an E class mercedes and is now well above that price point.

I hope Toyota gives this good consideration.
Old 06-28-07, 01:57 PM
xioix
Racer

I doubt it would go against the M6, as BMW is also making some type of new coupe with V10, 2 seats that would be higher than the M6, which I think would be where the LF-A would be competing with

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)