LFA Model (2012)

Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 05:16 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JessePS
One thing it be amazing if the car does way until 3000 pounds.

2950 pounds

Ahh now I remember what the front of the LF-A looks like, an oversized front of an actual F1 car.

One thing the button for "Snow" I wonder if it will activate the AWD system.

One thing I was hoping for a 10,000 rpm redline, 1000 rpm short but I can live with that.

I cant wait to see the "Drag coefficient" for the car, would be nice to have it in the 0.25-0.26 range or even below that.

One thing I just hope that Lexus/Toyota make a Limited Edition one that has an actual F1 engine in it, say like only 15 ($1mil+) for sure they would sell easily.

Also another thing I hope they put an over the top ML soundsystem in it. Like 1kW. Only that comes close to that is the Burmester in the Bugatti Veyron.

62 - 0 mph in less than 105 ft would be nice.
0 - 62 mph under 4 seconds (3.6 - 3.8 seconds)
Who ever said anything about AWD?
Old 01-09-07, 05:17 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing it be interesting if the LF-A is the new SC, and this will be the SC-F. Thats my two cents for right now.

One thing I love the side of the car and the back, not a big fan of the front.

I cant wait to hear what tech stuff they have in it, probably all the same stuff found in the LS heeh
Old 01-09-07, 05:19 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Koma
Who ever said anything about AWD?
I did. Whats with the Sport, City, and Snow button. Would be interesting that that the "Snow" button would activate an AWD. Seeing that your going to drive in a snowy condition.

Thats me. People might not like something like that, but it be interesting to see though.
Old 01-09-07, 05:28 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing it be interesting if the LF-A is the new SC, and this will be the SC-F. Thats my two cents for right now.

One thing I love the side of the car and the back, not a big fan of the front.

I cant wait to hear what tech stuff they have in it, probably all the same stuff found in the LS heeh
I would hate it to be the SC-F, because it almost doubles the price of a SC currently. Although if this thing is priced closer to 120K you could be right.

I would prefer a RWD super car over an AWD. The snow button doesn't necessarily make it AWD, my friend's mom's FWD Highlander has a Snow traction button.
Old 01-09-07, 05:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Snow setting first showed up on the '97 TT Supra's TRAC. Definitely NOT AWD. It's been present on TRAC equipped vehicles ever since.
Old 01-09-07, 05:41 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Koma
I would hate it to be the SC-F, because it almost doubles the price of a SC currently. Although if this thing is priced closer to 120K you could be right.

I would prefer a RWD super car over an AWD. The snow button doesn't necessarily make it AWD, my friend's mom's FWD Highlander has a Snow traction button.
This is what I am guessing for the LF-A.
SC ($80k)
SC-F ($120k)

Plus to the other person that posted the TRAC, thank you

So there goes my AWD lol
Old 01-09-07, 05:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Since LF-A is going to be flagship model, designed to give Lexus brand an premium status, there is apsolutly no way I can see it costing less than 120k. This is exotic car from Lexus.

At one point, Ferrari owners might not like going into the shop every 500 miles. Thats why I would never buy anything other than Porsche, for my "semi-exotic" needs.

No matter how much money I make, I cant see myself being happy about an car that needs to go to the garage every 1,000 miles or less, which is pretty true for all true exotic brands.
Old 01-09-07, 05:44 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

p.s. who gave anyone silly idea of LF-A being next SC? There is apsolutly no way of that happening.
Old 01-09-07, 05:48 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
No matter how much money I make, I cant see myself being happy about an car that needs to go to the garage every 1,000 miles or less, which is pretty true for all true exotic brands.
Thing is most exotics are not really used daily. I do know what you mean. I just wonder how often an Aston Martin goes into for servicing. One thing the LF-A will change alot in the exotic portion of the market.

Probably only get serviced every like 5,000 - 10,000 miles.

If I had the money to buy an exotic like a Ferrari or Lambo, I wouldn't really, get one of those seeing I knew this was coming to the market.
Old 01-09-07, 05:52 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

p.s. who gave anyone silly idea of LF-A being next SC? There is apsolutly no way of that happening.
Assumption.

No one knows what will really happen to the SC.

Would be really nice if the LF-A will be 2 models, from my point of view it be nice to see.
Old 01-09-07, 06:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Assumption.

No one knows what will really happen to the SC.

Would be really nice if the LF-A will be 2 models, from my point of view it be nice to see.
why would anything happen to SC? There was at least 1 PR from Lexus that I have seen myself, that mentioned SC redesign.

I dont get why every model of Toyota and Lexus starts getting roumours of demise at some point of life... I remember how just 2 years ago, everyone at rav4 boards thought Rav4 would be discountinued forever :P

There is no way of LF-A being called SC due to pricing - you cant price something 65k and then price next generation 120k... Plus they are completly different vehicles. Even Lexus calls LF-A exotic.
Old 01-09-07, 06:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This, like the IS-F, look like nothing else......wow..I can't believe this is a Lexus.
It's great, but this LF-A is really Lexus' 'NSX' in a way. They're doing it big - it will be a halo car in limited production, oh and big bucks.
Old 01-09-07, 08:57 PM
MQM
Driver

Does anyone actually have any info on when the car will be built or is it speculation? And because this is the second concept but one vision does this mean that Lexus is getting closer to putting this car into production?
Old 01-09-07, 09:08 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why would anything happen to SC? There was at least 1 PR from Lexus that I have seen myself, that mentioned SC redesign.

I dont get why every model of Toyota and Lexus starts getting roumours of demise at some point of life... I remember how just 2 years ago, everyone at rav4 boards thought Rav4 would be discountinued forever :P

There is no way of LF-A being called SC due to pricing - you cant price something 65k and then price next generation 120k... Plus they are completly different vehicles. Even Lexus calls LF-A exotic.
I don't think the SC will be cut from the Lexus line-up, but I do believe that the 3rd gen SC (SC460, but significantly different than the SC-F = LF-A) will be significantly different from the 2nd Gen SC, as was the 2nd gen SC was significantly different than the 1st gen SC.

The first gen '92 SC400 sold with an MSRP of $33k. The last SC400 in '00 sold at $56k.
The second gen '02 SC430 sold with an MSRP of $61k (a jump of about $5k, or approx 9%), but is now $66k for '07.

The third gen ('09) SC460 may be about $75-80k (designed to be similar to the LF-C, competing against the SL-Class or XLR or 6-Series), with the SC-F going well over $100k (competing against the SL-AMG or XLR-V or M6). I see it pretty much a sporty two-door convertible version of the LS, with the LF-A definately kicking up the sportiness and performance factor (with aluminum/CF body?), with a highly tuned (maybe super/turbocharged) 5.0L (or other) engine that will be much different than the IS-F. As you can tell, all is speculated, but this is the way that Lexus needs to be headed towards to if they want to market the SC against such competitors.

The SC460 will be "conservative" like the rest of the Lexus lineup, with the LF-A looking more "rice" such as the IS-F. Hey, there needs to be family resemblences...

Enough of my babbling. Can you tell that I've always wanted an SC...
Old 01-09-07, 09:13 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MQM
Does anyone actually have any info on when the car will be built or is it speculation? And because this is the second concept but one vision does this mean that Lexus is getting closer to putting this car into production?
Still complete speculation and concept, but with all the effort and marketing and testing that Lexus has put into the car, they need to make it.

Lexus can't make their concept car the "halo car" for the company; they need to make the halo car a production reality!

Quick Reply: Official LF-A(II) thread (Will debut at Tokyo Auto Show, Lexus details Oct 20th, 8pm)